Schefter tweet

Kevin

Let's all remember, Stevie's from SF. If any location might get a hometown discount, it would probably be SF.

If you know anything about Stevie this is a distinct possibility.

You can't put a number on winning a Super Bowl for your childhood team.

If the 9ers match the Bills low ball offer I'm sure he is on a plane that day.

And they only that happens is the rest of the NFL confirms the fact that the Bills are a farm team.

Let the Bills draft them and break them in, then the teams trying to win will step up and pay them.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look into the number of WRs that had back to back 1,000 yard seasons.

you might be underestimating that benchmarks.

Like I said - it's a cool benchmark but it's also not rare to hit anymore and honestly it's a pretty arbitrary number. Set it to 900 and we've had guys go pretty much their whole career. Heck - set it to 990 and moulds did 3 years. Set it to 1005 and Stevie has broken it once. He's never gotten to 1100. Yes, he broke the 1000 plateau twice in a row and that's awesome - I get it.

Like I said - it's a cool benchmark but it's also not rare to hit anymore and honestly it's a pretty arbitrary number. Set it to 900 and we've had guys go pretty much their whole career. Heck - set it to 990 and moulds did 3 years. Set it to 1005 and Stevie has broken it once. He's never gotten to 1100. Yes, he broke the 1000 plateau twice in a row and that's awesome - I get it.

It's not arbitrary. It's a standard benchmark.

And the point wasn't it is awesome.

The point was you were saying that the 1000 yard mark is diluted in 2012 and there are 19 WRs that did in 2011.

My point is there are only 9 that did it in back to back years the last two seasons.

This type of production is rewarded on the Free Agent market.

The point was you were saying that the 1000 yard mark is diluted in 2012 and there are 19 WRs that did in 2011.

My point is there are only 9 that did it in back to back years the last two seasons.

You seem to think that SJ's market value is considerably higher than I do.

But he, like most of the other FA's and GM's, are simply playing the game.

SJ is seeing what other teams might be interested and what they are willing to pay for his services. This helps him determine his actual market value. Then he evaluates all the offers, including the Bills, and picks the one he likes the best overall.

It's a simple game that is played every year at this time by a subset of players that have the opportunity.

We will know if SJ will be a Bill when he signs with someone. No point to these mental masturbation threads until then.

Edited by CodeMonkey

You seem to think that SJ's market value is considerably higher than I do.

But he, like most of the other FA's and GM's, are simply playing the game.

SJ is seeing what other teams might be interested and what they are willing to pay for his services. This helps him determine his actual market value. Then he evaluates all the offers, including the Bills, and picks the one he likes the best overall.

It's a simple game that is played every year at this time by a subset of players that have the opportunity.

We will know if SJ will be a Bill when he signs with someone. No point to these mental masturbation threads until then.

Besides pointing out that you sign over performing 7th rounders the season before they become Free Agents before they get a chance to test the market.

But yeah. When the 7+ Mil Dollar deal from Buffalo is compared to the 7+ Mil Dollar deal from San Francisco, we will definitely know if SJ will be a be a Bill and like usual the Bills FO will be wondering how to fill a new whole they created through mismanagement.

Agreed.

The organization will continue its laughing stock status if they don't resing Steve/Replace him with a viable option.

I can't believe how people would still have optimism... It pisses me off how delusional people are when it comes to the team.

Why isn't this guy signed already??? Resigning Stevie should be their #1 Priority right this second. If it's not. It's a sad state of affairs at OBD. This means you're gonna have to get atleast 2 WRs who are difference makers. Keep going backwards Buddy. You really got a hold of this situation. Say all the right things, but somehow I'm not seeing you take any initiative and resigning someone who's that important to your team. Sad state of affairs....

Why isn't this guy signed already??? Resigning Stevie should be their #1 Priority right this second. If it's not. It's a sad state of affairs at OBD. This means you're gonna have to get atleast 2 WRs who are difference makers. Keep going backwards Buddy. You really got a hold of this situation. Say all the right things, but somehow I'm not seeing you take any initiative and resigning someone who's that important to your team. Sad state of affairs....

The Bills are not in a position to make a deal today. The Time for this was August.

Stevie said he will wait until he is a Free Agent and hear offers from other teams.

Anyone in Stevie's shoes would do the same thing.

Bingo....other teams may want to ask D Revis just how good SJ is? Best WR he played against this season. Letting Stevie go at $8M per season to sign a Vincent Jackson for $12M per season would be plain stupid. SJ is as good as him and already here and has a relationship with Fitz and the city and the team. Sign him already to $8M per year and be done with it. The guy played hurt, played hard and didn't pull a Jabari Greer at the end of year and decide not to play so he could preserve more money in free agnecy. Tell me who is more of a team guy? SJ is!!

Besides pointing out that you sign over performing 7th rounders the season before they become Free Agents before they get a chance to test the market.

But yeah. When the 7+ Mil Dollar deal from Buffalo is compared to the 7+ Mil Dollar deal from San Francisco, we will definitely know if SJ will be a be a Bill and like usual the Bills FO will be wondering how to fill a new whole they created through mismanagement.

Not to mention that they've previously discussed terms so Stevie's put forth his perceived market value and the Bills theirs. When he does test the market and if he gets offers that meet or exceed his own estimates, even if the Bills decide to match an outside offer, would Stevie really come back here after being significantly undervalued by the franchise that knows him best? The franchise that's dragged its feet trying to resign him?

This is all a business game but these are human beings involved and sometimes a little respect goes a long way.

I still hope to see Stevie back here but don't expect to. Only thing working in our favor is that there appear to be a lot of FA WR this year.

Stevie has repeatedly and publicly stated he wants to remain in Buffalo. Chan and Nix have said that Stevie is a guy they want to have on their team. What makes you think he won't be back?

What other teams with notable free agents have resigned them to new contracts already?

Dont players always say they want to stay with their team?

What they leave out is "if the price is right"

The point I was making is that he has played really well, but for those grasping to the fact that hes our first to do it for us- that it isnt quite as special as it seems. What is 1000 yards - 62.5 yards per game? Hows that for an arbitrary benchmark? I know its a league standard type of stat for recievers and backs, but the fact that its used for both rushing and receiving should show how aarbitrary the number 1000 really is. The fact the a 4th digit is needed to record the stat doesnt mean much on the field vs people like say eric moulds who sandwiched a season of 995 between a pair of monster seasons (1300+). It makes it nifty trivia that hes our first, but not near as significant really when you put it all in context. The fact that 1004 yards when indexed back to the early 90s probably correlates to about an 850-900 yard season for reed, in context of the league at the time as another example (and he had a run much like moulds of alternating big seasons and 900+)... To throw the stat that hes our first around like hes irreplaceable is silly. like you said, 9 guys did it in just the last two seasons.

it speaks to consistency, durability over the two years but its not near the gold standard that some imply. I really like stevie as a receiver, and would support signing him at a pretty high amount of money, but hes definitely not irreplaceable, and if at similar dollars we can get someone else that is as good id be ok too. if they plan on replacing him, id be curious to see what FA they bring in before i kill the front office.

Stevie had a pretty good showing against Revis this past season. With Plax most likely not returning, I could see the Jets as players in the pursuit of Stevie. Suprising this hasn't come up already. If it did, I missed it. Thoughts?

Look back at SJs homesick tweets over the past year and it's pretty obvious he would love to play there. And who can blame him? He grew up a stone's throw from Candlestick.

PTR

Point well made. We will have to pay him more than San Fran to keep him. If San Fran was not in the WR game I'd have a great feeling about him, but its a two way street. How much of a bidding war with San Fran do we get into, esp. if we can get Vincent Jackson and possibly another WR for similar money.