Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be some kind of mistake; I distinctly remember reading on this very board that Johnson is already gone.

It says so here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383916

And here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142137-schefter-tweet/page__view__findpost__p__2383942

So get your facts straight!

Ease up. This is a Bills message board. People generally come here to talk about the Bills. There are differing opinions. People post links to articles & twits about Bills players. That's what happens here.

While I'm glad to see they are getting together please don't assume (as you seem to have done) that this is a done deal. Hopefully he's signed and signed quickly, but you never know.

Ease up. This is a Bills message board. People generally come here to talk about the Bills. There are differing opinions. People post links to articles & twits about Bills players. That's what happens here.

While I'm glad to see they are getting together please don't assume (as you seem to have done) that this is a done deal. Hopefully he's signed and signed quickly, but you never know.

I think what gets to people (myself included), isn't the differing opinions but the hubris that some posters display.

"I don't think Stevie will resign with the Bills," is obviously a valid opinion. "He's gone and that's that," is arrogance.

Just my two cents.

Based on the things that Steve has said and the things that the Bills have said, I think that Stevie knows his best chance for continued success is with the Bills. His style of play is not conducive to all offenses. He runs unique routes and plays the game differently and outside of the box than most conventional NFL WRs. It works in Chan's offense with Fitz throwing the ball. Does it work in SF with Alex Smith throwing the ball? I don't know, but I wouldn't want to take that chance if I were a player like him. He is not fast, he not really that quick. He gets open because he run routes like a small forward trying to shake a defender to set up a pick off a base-line curl.

That's a very good and underrated point in all this. A lot of coaches and coordinators do not allow QBs let alone WRs to change their plays and routes on their own either in the huddle or during the play. Chan does and Stevie benefits greatly from it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what I posted, as it was both (a) pertinent to the subject being discussed, and (b) far less abrasive than many of the items I read on this board daily (take a gander at the 9-page "LT myth" thread for an example).

I have zero confusion about what the message board is for, and I think you'll find that vast majority of my posts fall well within the spirit of the board's intent. I'm not sure why I'm being admonished about allowing for differing opinions.

Furthermore, I never even came close to implying that the deal is done, and I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

Thank you for your time.

If we sign him forgot about a top FA WR. There is no way we spend that much on WR. If SJ commands 8 mil or so per look for us to draft a WR. We have Clowney for speed,

Easley for size and speed, and Hagan for size so I think Vincent Jackson or one of the other top FA WR will be too much money for one position.

Furthermore, I never even came close to implying that the deal is done, and I have no idea how you reached that conclusion.

Thank you for your time.

Well, you're telling others that they are wrong for posting links to possible destinations for Johnson (I assume that's what the links go to, but the don't appear to be working) so I have to assume that you feel he's staying, and you end with:

So get your facts straight!

The only fact today is that Johnson will be playing football next season somewhere. Is that what you meant?

If we sign him forgot about a top FA WR. There is no way we spend that much on WR. If SJ commands 8 mil or so per look for us to draft a WR. We have Clowney for speed,

Easley for size and speed, and Hagan for size so I think Vincent Jackson or one of the other top FA WR will be too much money for one position.

Respectfully disagree. I think Clowney is training camp fodder, Hagan is a backup who should play about 10 snaps per game at most. Easley...well I think he's talented, but he'll probably have a foot ripped by an alligator or something.

Well, you're telling others that they are wrong for posting links to possible destinations for Johnson (I assume that's what the links go to, but the don't appear to be working) so I have to assume that you feel he's staying, and you end with:

The only fact today is that Johnson will be playing football next season somewhere. Is that what you meant?

Seriously? You're taking me to task for poking fun at the notion that Johnson--who won't become a free agent for another 3 weeks--is a foregone conclusion to leave the team? Mind if I ask why?

If you'll notice, I did not tell anyone they were wrong, nor did I take exception with the OP of the linked thread for posting a possible destination. That post, to me, was totally reasonable. My gripe was with the idea that Johnson's impending departure was automatic in nature. I'm sure you understand that stance.

The one-liner at the end was sarcasm; next time I'll be sure to note a similar comment as such to avoid any confusion.

Seriously? You're taking me to task for poking fun at the notion that Johnson--who won't become a free agent for another 3 weeks--is a foregone conclusion to leave the team? Mind if I ask why?

The consensus on the board seem to be not to pay Johnson #1 WR money and that's what he wants. He will get it. And probably not from us. Its extremely generous to call that link "progress" with SJ contract negotiations. It just states that there is another failure to agree. Personally, I would rather overpay if only to keep him from being used against us.

The consensus on the board seem to be not to pay Johnson #1 WR money and that's what he wants. He will get it. And probably not from us. Its extremely generous to call that link "progress" with SJ contract negotiations. It just states that there is another failure to agree. Personally, I would rather overpay if only to keep him from being used against us.

What is #1 money?

Doesnt matter...i read in another thread that the 49ers are gonna go hard after a WR and that SJ13 is as good as gone....

I thought the niners were hot n' heavy for Vincent Jackson. They were saying on ESPN that he'd be a good fit there.