Survivor: One World

Rico

Was there an explicit 'We chase them together, and we each get one?' I was making dinner during that segment, so concentration was divided. Even so, the guys went for scorched-earth first with stealing the supplies. They're just operating under the same rule the guys started, tit (Chelsea's please!) for tat. Look for a line drawn in the sand brokering of sharing supplies next week in exchange for giving them a chicken, or else it just goes on this way.

Was she legally forced to give it to one of the guys (that was a long-winded paper that accompanied the idol)? Did she have the option of just re-hiding it or essentially just pocketing it so it wouldn't be found?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they made a deal and shook on it with regard to the chicken thing...not 100% sure but that's how I seem to remember it. Agree about the "tit". :w00t:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there an explicit 'We chase them together, and we each get one?' I was making dinner during that segment, so concentration was divided. Even so, the guys went for scorched-earth first with stealing the supplies. They're just operating under the same rule the guys started, tit (Chelsea's please!) for tat. Look for a line drawn in the sand brokering of sharing supplies next week in exchange for giving them a chicken, or else it just goes on this way.

Was she legally forced to give it to one of the guys (that was a long-winded paper that accompanied the idol)? Did she have the option of just re-hiding it or essentially just pocketing it so it wouldn't be found?

Yes, there was a "let's all chase them and catch the chickens and then split them" agreement. The girls reneged when they caught both. As for the Idol, there are 2 hidden on the beach, and each one has a deisgnated tribe. If you find the other tribe's instead of your own (which she did), you have to give it to someone from that tribe.

As for the season, i'm not sold yet. They should change the name from One world to Survivor: The Real World, because thats where all of these morons belong. I miss the days of having a wide range of contestants of all ages and walks of life, which made the game very fun and interesting. Now they just toss in a dozen or so frat-boy/sorority-girl morons that serve as nothing more than eye candy. I think there's maybe a brain and a half combined between all 18 contestants, and the black girl (Sabrina?) has 1 of the brains. The swimsuit photographer guy is kinda funny too. At least redemption island is gone.

As for the challenge, the girls would have done the exact same thing the guys did. There's no such thing as "honor" in survivor. Its about surviving as long in the game as possible. Any chance you have to last another 3 days for free, you take it. if the girls didn't want to lose, they should have followed the instructions and crossed their arms for the landing.

Edited by Ramius

That one chick is probably wishing she never gave Colton the idol.

Yup.

It's going to save his butt, he'll get his core among the guys and if that follows through the merge... tonight's 'Go away, we can't have you here!' has a chance of peeving him. Talk about not good at communication skills. What they needed to say was: "Colton, you need to play with the guys right now. The time to be with us is after the merge. We gave you the idol to ensure that you have a good shot of lasting 'til then. You can't play 20 moves ahead and exclusively hang out with us or you will be voted out the first or second opportunity the guys get." For all that dude's quote about Colton "making Russell look like a schoolgirl" I don't know.... Colton has shown ZERO sophistication in how to play the game until now and I'm sure he'll find a way to screw it up.

The women are in a friggin' shambles. I don't get it. When they talk, they just have to 'validate' each other so much. Like the black chick said, the guys don't talk like this. They say what they have to say and move on. If anyone has their feelings hurt if one guy says another didn't try as hard as he should have, well, :censored: it. Instead, the girls sit around and kvetch about how Kat jumped off the beam twice and athletic this / experience that. What the hell?!? Kat didn't get it done in the challenge because she doesn't seem very good at challenges. And they need to win challenges right soon or they're done. Just really craptastic that they voted by boot-the-old-people alliance rather than actual worth to the tribe. Looks like Monica and Christina :wub: are next unless someone has an epic fail or pisses off some of the other girls, and even then....

Whew, close call, but thank God the hag with the busted face is gone. :thumbsup:

Her whole speech was just stupid. Nobody cares about her "life experience", and if they care about it it's more likely to be viewed as a threat than it is anything else. Last night was the first time I got a real good look at Chelsea...she's smokin!

Finally catching up on this weeks episode. Sister-in-law got me watching her shows now from time to time and seeing a solid hottie like Chelsea does not hurt one bit. I was thinking at first that Nina would last a bit but she sure seems timid for a police officer. Colton...hmm... I have nothing against gays, I have a few gay friends in fact. But Colton seems like such a waste of space. What's surprising to me is if he doesn't even realize he's a token everlasting flame put on here by the producers. He's so dumb he doesn't realize it. Or he's playing the perfect doofus on purpose but doubt it. Kat's not too shabby on a side note. Ladies need to organize and quit yappin about stuff that won't solve anything. And this needs to be my last beer tonight otherwise I will ramble on with no sense.

So lady posters, any insight on how organized the men are?

Finally catching up on this weeks episode. Sister-in-law got me watching her shows now from time to time and seeing a solid hottie like Chelsea does not hurt one bit. I was thinking at first that Nina would last a bit but she sure seems timid for a police officer. Colton...hmm... I have nothing against gays, I have a few gay friends in fact. But Colton seems like such a waste of space. What's surprising to me is if he doesn't even realize he's a token everlasting flame put on here by the producers. He's so dumb he doesn't realize it. Or he's playing the perfect doofus on purpose but doubt it. Kat's not too shabby on a side note. Ladies need to organize and quit yappin about stuff that won't solve anything. And this needs to be my last beer tonight otherwise I will ramble on with no sense.

So lady posters, any insight on how organized the men are?

I love it when you drink and post.

Cheers! :beer:

According to Wikipedia, seasons 6, 9, and 12 all started that way.

At the rate the women are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mixing via drawing buffs from a bag in two weeks at the earliest.

Men vs. women is an interesting idea in the abstract, but when it comes down to it, the women can't compete given the immunity challenges that have been picked, where a team is only as good as its physically weakest player. There ought to be some that are not a matter of fastest, strongest.

Blaming the loss on having boobs was... kind of cheap, but they may have a point. With some of them, that was an extra 4-5" to have to work around at a point that is highly disadvantageous WRT center of balance. Having to lean out that extra bit to accommodate the volume of two sets of ta-tas was marginally unfair.

At the rate the women are going, I wouldn't be surprised to see a mixing via drawing buffs from a bag in two weeks at the earliest.

Men vs. women is an interesting idea in the abstract, but when it comes down to it, the women can't compete given the immunity challenges that have been picked, where a team is only as good as its physically weakest player. There ought to be some that are not a matter of fastest, strongest.

Blaming the loss on having boobs was... kind of cheap, but they may have a point. With some of them, that was an extra 4-5" to have to work around at a point that is highly disadvantageous WRT center of balance. Having to lean out that extra bit to accommodate the volume of two sets of ta-tas was marginally unfair.

I hope they don't mix up the tribes. The women deserve to get slaughtered out of the game. That immunity challenge was tailor-made for them to win, but they (kat) were too stupid to figure it out.

I'm shocked at how Kat has managed to simply survive day-to-day life for 20 something years. I hope she's actually honestly retarded or has a severe learning disability at the least, because no one can be that stupid. As my friend woudl say, her sole purpose as a human is simply to function as life support for a vagina. She has no worth doing anything else. (And she's not even that attractive)

I'm shocked at how Kat has managed to simply survive day-to-day life for 20 something years. I hope she's actually honestly retarded or has a severe learning disability at the least, because no one can be that stupid. As my friend woudl say, her sole purpose as a human is simply to function as life support for a vagina. She has no worth doing anything else. (And she's not even that attractive)

Damn, that's harsh.

I hope they don't mix up the tribes. The women deserve to get slaughtered out of the game. That immunity challenge was tailor-made for them to win, but they (kat) were too stupid to figure it out.

Yeah, when I saw the challenge from last week's episode I thought the women would win. They should have given up on Kat being at the beginning a lot sooner.

It's been hard to find anyone who I want to root for this season. Last season was Ozzy or bust.

Did anyone look at the cast bios on CBS.com? I love how they listed "Ex-NFL player's wife" listed as Monica's occupation. Sounds more like a side note than an occupation.

Edited by Talley56

She may be related to Jordan from Big Brother. :thumbsup:

Yeah, damn, I was going to say something like WVU... but then Kat in that reward challenge happened. Holy stevestojan. I mean... holy stevestojan! Alicia and Christina went after her and with more items to remember, both got it on the first go iirc. It would appear that men aren't wired for those memory puzzles. I know I'm not. The recovery in the immunity challenge was just crazy. The girls were so far behind on Sabrina's horrid calling-out that it seemed like they'd be done in short order again, but rallied on her puzzling skills (spatial/visualization problems usually benefit men). Nice.

So, again, there's inter-tribe fighting over resources, the sharing of such and the payback for the sharing. OK, I had been willing to give some leeway on the whole thing of the men stealing the supplies the women had stripped from the truck. But that's over. The men are stupid for putting up with it any longer, and then giving them an ember before they had struck a deal for canoe use. Even Colton (the gay Republican --- it takes all kinds I guess! (Not bashing here or to make this a PPP item; I'm a conservative who also believes strongly in gay rights even tho I'm not gay myself. We do exist) was getting tired of the mooching. That said, Chelsea's hands were like blue; I would've let her stay as long as she needed. It's a game and you want to win, but there's a point where it's just the right thing to do.

Anyway, that was a pretty fatal blow the un-muscular men delivered to Matt and Co. Dude thought he owned the tribe and when you do that you put a big mark on your back. I'm just grateful I'm not forced to raise a hand to block out Matt showing off his package during the individual camera chats. Without Matt, that alliance is nothing, even if they had numbers or an idol. But while they are safer, their tribe just got weaker for challenges. That's not really Colton's concern, because he's playing 10 moves ahead right now in a heck of a game... even tho it was a gift from Sabrina that created his position. I'm not certain how long he's going to be sticking around after a merge, tho. But he'll probably still have the idol at that point.

My problem with the puzzle challenge tonight was that it had the exact same pieces in the exact same positions, and each team's puzzle was visible to the other team. The girls were clearly looking over at the men's puzzle, and that appeared to account for how they got caught up so fast. This relates to an issue I have with Amazing Race, except on that show it pertains to a willingness to share info. I just don't feel it's right when you can copy of another's work. The men should have found a way to create a visual barrier to their puzzle or something...a human wall, I dunno. There was a rope they were seemingly asked to stay behind, though, which may have made that impossible. But there were like three or four shots where you saw the women looking at the men's work and saying, "the long skinny ones go in the bottom left, and the round one goes toward the top on the right".

As for the men's tribe. I thought they were more cohesive than that, but wow, what a mess. Somehow Colton has become the rooster of the walk.