Survivor: One World

Rico

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dumbest group ever. The men proved it again last night, they had one last chance to rule the roost and they screwed it up. I hope Tarzan gets voted off next.

I can't believe that dumbass voted for Leif last night... :doh:

As much as it would make ill, IF Troyzan is able to convince 3 misfits to join him, that would be a pretty brilliant move, especially with 4 guys currently on the jury. The only problem is, he needs Tarzan to make it work, and I can't see that happening, that idiot is playing in his own world.

As much as it would make ill, IF Troyzan is able to convince 3 misfits to join him, that would be a pretty brilliant move, especially with 4 guys currently on the jury. The only problem is, he needs Tarzan to make it work, and I can't see that happening, that idiot is playing in his own world.

And isn't Tarzan a plastic surgeon? :huh:

I love this show, but this is by far the worst group they have ever assembled. Instead of buffs, I think Jeff should have given them sheep costumes.

They need to find a way to avoid choosing people who are simply "happy to be here". There are always a few players like that each season, but this season it's like half the group. The fact that only ONE of them wins is lost on a lot of these people.

I agree with Rico about Troyzan being annoying as hell tonight, but I'd rather have annoying than mutton.

Tarzan is so stupid I'm waiting for the time when he puts his own name on the parchment.

Nice pic, btw...the one with Christina is shocking...I had no idea she had all that going on top...hubba hubba.

I don't understand how the four that Tarzan talked to wouldn't have taken the automatic Top 5. Notice how the 'That's not the pecking order! Like... not at all!' was coming from those very 4. The second Kim didn't use the idol, you knew it was Leif.

But yeah, a lot of them appear to be playing for 7th, 6th, 5th and 4th place. Kind of like Cochran last season, who betrayed his tribe to gain a certain extra week, rather than a contingent 5 weeks. Sheer stupidity. Kim is orchestrating it all, and most seasons that would be something, but here, that's not a big compliment.

I'm wholly rooting for Troyzan because of his simple "I'm alone here" status and the societal truths he was saying at the start of the episode. Women marry, get a home and a car and college on the dude's dime and then they're like 'I don't need you anymore.' Yup. Seen it happen way too much for it to be a coincidence. This is the stuff women are taught from an early age for the past 30-40 years --- how to get "security." And guys fall in love either with the idea that it'll be different for them or with that thing between the legs and sense goes out the window. They are all sisters. A guy asking an honest question will get the wrath of an Alicia simply for asking that question; that woman is a seriously terrible human being.

Sure, Troyzan's gloating went over the top. As Marv said, "Act like you've been there before." But anyone who can't appreciate the sentiments of someone in his position has obviously never faced a situation of the tyranny of the majority. He basically needs to win out in immunities because it seems clear, whatever the teaser, that the other people low on the totem pole in the women's alliance (and Tarzan) are too stupid to take a good thing when it's put in front of them.

I'm ready for an All-Star season after watching this. Just... people who actually know how to play the game rather than count on the 1% odds that they'll be able to win an immunity challenge or two or three when their pecking order time comes 'round.

And isn't Tarzan a plastic surgeon? :huh:

Scrounging the $500 for shocks for his Jeep? If this dude is a "plastic surgeon," he's doing the surgery on the corner in the Jeep. Or, he makes plastic spork widgets for Walmart in an assembly line and is embellishing his resume. I would be surprised if this guy could tie his shoes, much less a suture.

Edited by UConn James

I don't understand how the four that Tarzan talked to wouldn't have taken the automatic Top 5. Notice how the 'That's not the pecking order! Like... not at all!' was coming from those very 4. The second Kim didn't use the idol, you knew it was Leif.

But yeah, a lot of them appear to be playing for 7th, 6th, 5th and 4th place. Kind of like Cochran last season, who betrayed his tribe to gain a certain extra week, rather than a contingent 5 weeks. Sheer stupidity. Kim is orchestrating it all, and most seasons that would be something, but here, that's not a big compliment.

I'm wholly rooting for Troyzan because of his simple "I'm alone here" status and the societal truths he was saying at the start of the episode. Women marry, get a home and a car and college on the dude's dime and then they're like 'I don't need you anymore.' Yup. Seen it happen way too much for it to be a coincidence. This is the stuff women are taught from an early age for the past 30-40 years --- how to get "security." And guys fall in love either with the idea that it'll be different for them or with that thing between the legs and sense goes out the window. They are all sisters. A guy asking an honest question will get the wrath of an Alicia simply for asking that question; that woman is a seriously terrible human being.

Sure, Troyzan's gloating went over the top. As Marv said, "Act like you've been there before." But anyone who can't appreciate the sentiments of someone in his position has obviously never faced a situation of the tyranny of the majority. He basically needs to win out in immunities because it seems clear, whatever the teaser, that the other people low on the totem pole in the women's alliance (and Tarzan) are too stupid to take a good thing when it's put in front of them.

I'm ready for an All-Star season after watching this. Just... people who actually know how to play the game rather than count on the 1% odds that they'll be able to win an immunity challenge or two or three when their pecking order time comes 'round.

I hated to admit it, but I'm with both you and Troyzan on the women thing. Our gender certainly has its stereotypical issues, but this is clearly one of the problems with the gals. I've been through it myself with an ex-wife and I've seen it happen to many of my friends. It's just like I said earlier in the thread, the women were completely BEGGING the men for shelter and fire in the early part of the season when the weather was bad. The men give in to the point where the women get what they want, and then down the road when the weather is all blue skies and the women get a few breaks, all of a sudden revisionist history kicks in and they never needed the men all along...wtf lol. It reminds me of one of the greatest movie lines ever from Jack Nicholson's role in "Something's Gotta Give". When his character, an author, is asked how he's able to so successful portray women in his novels, he replies, "First I think of a man...and then I take away reason and accountability." As much as I hate to play the gender card here, I think this is a character flaw that is running rampant among the fairer gender and it's far more destructive than anyone wants to admit. I happen to know and work with many smart women who would never stoop to this level of absurdity, and they have a great deal of integrity. But more and more you hear accounts and examples of this sort of frog and scorpion behavior going on and it's just sad.

I hated to admit it, but I'm with both you and Troyzan on the women thing. Our gender certainly has its stereotypical issues, but this is clearly one of the problems with the gals. I've been through it myself with an ex-wife and I've seen it happen to many of my friends. It's just like I said earlier in the thread, the women were completely BEGGING the men for shelter and fire in the early part of the season when the weather was bad. The men give in to the point where the women get what they want, and then down the road when the weather is all blue skies and the women get a few breaks, all of a sudden revisionist history kicks in and they never needed the men all along...wtf lol. It reminds me of one of the greatest movie lines ever from Jack Nicholson's role in "Something's Gotta Give". When his character, an author, is asked how he's able to so successful portray women in his novels, he replies, "First I think of a man...and then I take away reason and accountability." As much as I hate to play the gender card here, I think this is a character flaw that is running rampant among the fairer gender and it's far more destructive than anyone wants to admit. I happen to know and work with many smart women who would never stoop to this level of absurdity, and they have a great deal of integrity. But more and more you hear accounts and examples of this sort of frog and scorpion behavior going on and it's just sad.

That was "As Good As It Gets" for the quote.

And yes, Chelsea's quip of "That's just the game" is applicable to so many marriages/pregnancies these days. I'm not going to say all women do it/would do it or that all men are angels, but a good number of women have it instilled in them to trap a guy into working his ass off for her for the rest of his life because they've got the court system in their favor. See: Jim Nantz's divorce settlement as only one egregious example.

There is NO way I will ever be getting married without a rock-solid pre-nup. And I wouldn't trust any birth control of unknown provenance.

While they were *s with the stuff stripped from the truck in the first episode (I consider possession of stuff to be an honor/Golden Rule/Mutually Assured Destruction thing), the men broke many of the most important rules of the game. And then the producers got antsy and bailed on the men/women thing when the ladies struggled at the outset. A tribe shake-up has been a possibility once it was introduced, but to do it for One World where it was set up to be a man tribe versus a woman tribe was very cheap.

Sorry, but Troyzan is an idiot. He got completely played by the women (Kim/Chelsea), and never saw that switch coming... a couple moves too slow. Now, he may be smarter than the other men were on the island, but I didn't see any strategy from him until this week. Unless he goes on a real tear, he's not worthy of winning imo, not at all. :thumbdown:

That was "As Good As It Gets" for the quote.

And yes, Chelsea's quip of "That's just the game" is applicable to so many marriages/pregnancies these days. I'm not going to say all women do it/would do it or that all men are angels, but a good number of women have it instilled in them to trap a guy into working his ass off for her for the rest of his life because they've got the court system in their favor. See: Jim Nantz's divorce settlement as only one egregious example.

There is NO way I will ever be getting married without a rock-solid pre-nup. And I wouldn't trust any birth control of unknown provenance.

While they were *s with the stuff stripped from the truck in the first episode (I consider possession of stuff to be an honor/Golden Rule/Mutually Assured Destruction thing), the men broke many of the most important rules of the game. And then the producers got antsy and bailed on the men/women thing when the ladies struggled at the outset. A tribe shake-up has been a possibility once it was introduced, but to do it for One World where it was set up to be a man tribe versus a woman tribe was very cheap.

Ah, right, As Good as it Gets...thanks for the correction.

And I agree...the producers have scrwed around too much this season. I will always watch the show because I love it, but this whole season is just a mess.

Sorry, but Troyzan is an idiot. He got completely played by the women (Kim/Chelsea), and never saw that switch coming... a couple moves too slow. Now, he may be smarter than the other men were on the island, but I didn't see any strategy from him until this week. Unless he goes on a real tear, he's not worthy of winning imo, not at all. :thumbdown:

I don't think there's any way in hell he's going to win...but don't you think the REAL dumbasses are sitting in the jury right now? I remember Troy catching on to the women's plans and brining them up to dumbass Jay, and then Jay assured him that everything was cool after his conversation with Kim or whoever. Im not saying that Troy is a great player, but I don't think he's had anything to work with as far as solid alliance partners either. Especially that Tarzan idiot...still no idea WTF is his major malfunction.

I don't think there's any way in hell he's going to win...but don't you think the REAL dumbasses are sitting in the jury right now? I remember Troy catching on to the women's plans and brining them up to dumbass Jay, and then Jay assured him that everything was cool after his conversation with Kim or whoever. Im not saying that Troy is a great player, but I don't think he's had anything to work with as far as solid alliance partners either. Especially that Tarzan idiot...still no idea WTF is his major malfunction.

Yeah, I said he is smarter than them... it's hard telling anything when you get right down to it, everything depends on the edit they get, that's true for all these shows. I have not been impressed though.

Great post. When the women were begging the men to help them with fire and so on I was thinking that this was the time to crush them. Because weeks down the road there will be no gratitude. It was evident even then when the girls wouldn't even lend them their boat and fishing stuff in exchange for fire? I think it was fire

Great post. When the women were begging the men to help them with fire and so on I was thinking that this was the time to crush them. Because weeks down the road there will be no gratitude. It was evident even then when the girls wouldn't even lend them their boat and fishing stuff in exchange for fire? I think it was fire

Exactly...the men presented a deal to the women that would have been mutually beneficial, and that was EXACTLY when the women started up with their crap. Because they were so hell bent on convincing themselves that they didn't need the guys anymore, they couldn't even see the value in the deal. I think you're right that fire was involved, and then the fishing part was where the guys offered to split half the fish with the women in exchnage for use of their boat or fishing gear or whatever. The girls didn't have to do ANYTHING and they would have gained a protein source. It was a perfectly logical deal, but the women couldn't see beyond their foolish issues. And you're right about crushing them. Instead of doing exactly that and creating an advantage that the women could never hope to overcome, what did the men do? They went and GAVE UP IMMUNITY IN ORDER TO VOTE ONE OF THEIR MEMBERS OUT! What in the ever lovin' hell?? :doh:

I truly believe they need to make the finale 4 hrs this year, cause at the end where Jeff goes around and gets everyone to account for their actions and decisions, these morons have a LOT of 'splanin to do. Honestly, the more you think about this season, the more you realize that this not only the dumbest group of Survivors ever, but possibly the dumbest of group of people to ever be on a reality program.

Edited by ajzepp

Yes, I see this too and I'm saddened and embarrassed by it. If I ever have or do this in the future, please call me out. I've been trying to get better. :lol: I've see men bend over backwards for women, just to have the women treat them like crap in the end. Some women just have no respect for what their men do for them.

BTW, one of the best books I've read recently is called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." A lot of what's in this book I agree with and is common sense. I believe this should be read by every high school girl. :lol::)

Edited by LanaK6

Just caught up on a handful of episodes and i agree with most everyone. This group is quite the assembly of morons. Its almost unwatchable at this point, seeing these people act like sheep. Instead of making a big move and trying to win, they hang on and settle for 5th/6th/7th. I lost any and all respect for Christina/Tarzan/Alicia. I'm fully in Tryozan's court for the rest fo the game. I wish the producers would tell him where the idols were to mix things up.

Rico, kim isn't smart. She's just the smartest retard. Much liek brenda a few seasons back, she's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. She's not She'd get schooled by any of the real players, like Parv/Russell/Boston Rob, and dozens of others to play the game before her.

I think the majority of the problem comes from survivor casting the frat boy and sorority girl types. I know everyone wants eye candy on the show, but none of these early 20-somethings actually have anything to offer outside of their looks. I'm gladly take a nice mix of ages like the early seasons, with some real strategy. I hope these are some fixes, btu i don't know how. Maybe force the tribes to change every episode? what about making the show entirely individual and doing away with the tribes? Or perhaps, what about giving each survivor their own personal immunity idol at the outset. You can't give it away, and you know everyone has one, its a matter of figuring out when to play it.

Just caught up on a handful of episodes and i agree with most everyone. This group is quite the assembly of morons. Its almost unwatchable at this point, seeing these people act like sheep. Instead of making a big move and trying to win, they hang on and settle for 5th/6th/7th. I lost any and all respect for Christina/Tarzan/Alicia. I'm fully in Tryozan's court for the rest fo the game. I wish the producers would tell him where the idols were to mix things up.

Rico, kim isn't smart. She's just the smartest retard. Much liek brenda a few seasons back, she's not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. She's not She'd get schooled by any of the real players, like Parv/Russell/Boston Rob, and dozens of others to play the game before her.

I think the majority of the problem comes from survivor casting the frat boy and sorority girl types. I know everyone wants eye candy on the show, but none of these early 20-somethings actually have anything to offer outside of their looks. I'm gladly take a nice mix of ages like the early seasons, with some real strategy. I hope these are some fixes, btu i don't know how. Maybe force the tribes to change every episode? what about making the show entirely individual and doing away with the tribes? Or perhaps, what about giving each survivor their own personal immunity idol at the outset. You can't give it away, and you know everyone has one, its a matter of figuring out when to play it.

Yeah, I think you may be right about Kim, everyone else is so lame that she is looking better than she really is. I still think she wins it though based on what we've seen.