Survivor: One World

Rico

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to catch it live, but may have some necessaries to do tonight. Should be a good season trying something new. I liked Redemption Island, as it added another twist in the strategy realm, but the returning players angle was a letdown in how much they dominated the game. I think from now on, they should leave that to an All-Star season.

I did have the thought to perhaps create a merged Survivor / Amazing Race thread. From a casual observation, most people who post in the threads watch both. Survivor essentially gets Tuesday-Friday, AR gets Saturday-Monday. I dunno. Just a thought.

I did have the thought to perhaps create a merged Survivor / Amazing Race thread. From a casual observation, most people who post in the threads watch both. Survivor essentially gets Tuesday-Friday, AR gets Saturday-Monday. I dunno. Just a thought.

You're right in that most of us watch both, but I prefer seperate threads for the two shows.

You're right in that most of us watch both, but I prefer seperate threads for the two shows.

Me too, mostly because sometimes I may watch one live & the other later on DVR, don't want to be spoiled.

Don't forget Celebrity Apprentice starts Sunday too.

Me too, mostly because sometimes I may watch one live & the other later on DVR, don't want to be spoiled.

Don't forget Celebrity Apprentice starts Sunday too.

On top of this, "East Bound And Down" starting Sunday I believe and "Walking Dead" also on Sundays. To much at one time. Good thing we have four dvr's :thumbsup:

Edited by Dante

I can't see him lasting too long, hope not anyways.

They didn;t say it on the show tonight, but the black chick is Daunte Culpepper's wife.

Tough to get names straight early on. Actually, the older chick (not the one with busted face), Monica, is.

I'm liking the black girl's game so far. Chelsea :wub: Christina :wub: and I don't know why Alicia is getting in her frill about trying to make a deal with the men for fire. 'Cause, uhh... they needed fire to have drinking water, which is kind of important.

Tough break for Courtney. But if there is a "good" time for it, it would probably be before she had too much invested into it....

Tough to get names straight early on. Actually, the older chick (not the one with busted face), Monica, is.

I'm liking the black girl's game so far. Chelsea :wub: Christina :wub: and I don't know why Alicia is getting in her frill about trying to make a deal with the men for fire. 'Cause, uhh... they needed fire to have drinking water, which is kind of important.

Tough break for Courtney. But if there is a "good" time for it, it would probably be before she had too much invested into it....

Oh OK thanks, got em mixed up. The one with the busted face is scary.

I wonder if she'll get invited back for another season since she wasn't officialy voted out.

Oh, and ladies, suck it. You would have done the same thing to the guys since you were running behind.

Yeah, gotta say that Probst summed it up nicely by basically telling them they're typical crazy bitches who'd better get their acts together or they're not gonna last long in this game. I have a feeling that they're going to be doing a reshuffling (i.e. where everyone has to pull a buff out of the bag) fairly soon.

Men vs. Women is interesting in theory, but then in practice, you get last night. The only thing it avoids are the strong guy-weak girl alliances that have been pretty effective in this game over the years. That may be what the producers are trying this time. To be fair, they're going to need to make some immunity challenges less physically- and spatially-dependent. All I know is that Alicia and her 'If we were in Chicago, you'd be on the floor' crap to Chelsea ( :wub: ) at tribal and her general vindictiveness at Christina has gotta have her marked. That's not how you pull a tribe together. But, then again, these are a bunch of typical crazy bitches, so I could definitely see them getting rid of the most productive/competitive members first.

I totally forgot when this season was starting...thankfully CBS.com is on top of it and I got to watch the premiere online. I have to say, I didn't know if I'd like this whole "one camp" thing, but so far it makes for an interesting dynamic. That's a bummer the one girl busted her wrist, but at the same time it's sort of important to follow directions. That was a fun challenge to watch, so I was bummed that it got cut short...would have rather they just sat out a male contestant to even it up, but oh well. Tribal was fun. Looks like another good season on tap!

That was a fun challenge to watch, so I was bummed that it got cut short...would have rather they just sat out a male contestant to even it up, but oh well.

I was surprised they didn't give that option, or maybe the producers didn't mention it to see if the guys would ask if they could do that.

I was surprised they didn't give that option, or maybe the producers didn't mention it to see if the guys would ask if they could do that.

I know...usually they finish stuff out...not sure what was up. I like how (so far) the guys are really being firm with the women. They have clearly seen the show before and aren't going to let the gals sweet talk them. Although clearly when they wanted to give the guys a chicken for fire, the price should have been two chickens. The one they already owed them and the one in payment for fire. I just hope the hot girls last longer than the non-hot ones.

I know...usually they finish stuff out...not sure what was up. I like how (so far) the guys are really being firm with the women. They have clearly seen the show before and aren't going to let the gals sweet talk them. Although clearly when they wanted to give the guys a chicken for fire, the price should have been two chickens. The one they already owed them and the one in payment for fire. I just hope the hot girls last longer than the non-hot ones.

Sorry, but when the cro-magnon-face guy stole almost everything the girls tore off the truck, the idea that anything is "owed" to either tribe went out the window. And now they have fire with the flint so it's moot.

If the guys want to play by the rule that Might Makes Right, they need to live by it when they don't get the breaks, too.

Right now, it looks like a number of the women are playing the strategy game at a higher % for when the merge happens (e.g. the black girl giving the gay guy the idol. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend with terms like this; just, no one knows names this fast and least of all me). And in other seasons, that's totally stupid; you play as competing tribes first and then after the merge, and then you play the merge. But that's the thing this season. With them living all in the same camp, we're going to see which strategy works better --- more nearly short-term as the guys are playing or the more nearly long-term.

Sorry, but when the cro-magnon-face guy stole almost everything the girls tore off the truck, the idea that anything is "owed" to either tribe went out the window. And now they have fire with the flint so it's moot.

If the guys want to play by the rule that Might Makes Right, they need to live by it when they don't get the breaks, too.

Right now, it looks like a number of the women are playing the strategy game at a higher % for when the merge happens (e.g. the black girl giving the gay guy the idol. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend with terms like this; just, no one knows names this fast and least of all me). And in other seasons, that's totally stupid; you play as competing tribes first and then after the merge, and then you play the merge. But that's the thing this season. With them living all in the same camp, we're going to see which strategy works better --- more nearly short-term as the guys are playing or the more nearly long-term.

So you don't think it's different when there is an agreement in place vs when it's just a free for all? I know the ladies were mad that the guy stole all their stuff, but that's just smart game play, IMO. With the chickens, they brokered an agreement and the girls broke it. Then it came back to bite them in the ass temporarily.

I think the only reason the girl gave the idol to the eternal flame was because she had to give it up to the other team...I'm sure she would have preferred to keep it herself if she had been allowed to do so.

So you don't think it's different when there is an agreement in place vs when it's just a free for all? I know the ladies were mad that the guy stole all their stuff, but that's just smart game play, IMO. With the chickens, they brokered an agreement and the girls broke it. Then it came back to bite them in the ass temporarily.

I think the only reason the girl gave the idol to the eternal flame was because she had to give it up to the other team...I'm sure she would have preferred to keep it herself if she had been allowed to do so.

Was there an explicit 'We chase them together, and we each get one?' I was making dinner during that segment, so concentration was divided. Even so, the guys went for scorched-earth first with stealing the supplies. They're just operating under the same rule the guys started, tit (Chelsea's please!) for tat. Look for a line drawn in the sand brokering of sharing supplies next week in exchange for giving them a chicken, or else it just goes on this way.

Was she legally forced to give it to one of the guys (that was a long-winded paper that accompanied the idol)? Did she have the option of just re-hiding it or essentially just pocketing it so it wouldn't be found?

Was she legally forced to give it to one of the guys (that was a long-winded paper that accompanied the idol)? Did she have the option of just re-hiding it or essentially just pocketing it so it wouldn't be found?

the paper said she had to give it to a member of the other team before the first tribal if I remember correctly.

Whether right or wrong at least the guys have somewhat of a plan in place as opposed to what the gals have. Chelsea (omg I hope she lasts a while) seems to have a level head along with a few other ladies but for the most part they are screwed unless someone takes charge and formulates a solid plan. The men have this in hand unless a lady takes the torch and becomes a leader (without drama). I suspect tho that some sweet talkin will eventually erode some of the manly walls. Some of those ladies are too sneaky. And that tall blonde lawyer dude may get his way for a while but he's a douche.