mario or stevie

loserlovers

93 members have voted

1. 1. what would u do?

• mario williams
    • sign sj
    • sign vj
    • sign mario draft 3 wr rounds 2-4

I agree that the football polls are an interesting way to gauge opinion.

That being said, I would have chosen either one of a "both" scenario. Signing Williams and SJ or signing SJ and VJ.

I believe either scenario can be accomplished given the Bills cap situation. I don't think it has to be an either/or proposition when it comes to free agents and SJ.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously Marrio is the guy to get. Lets see the Leagues premier DE passrusher or a decent WR who hasn't yet established himself on his own team.

Possibly the best player In the league at one of the 2-3 most important positions, or a guy that might not be top 5 at his position in free agency this year.... Clearly an easy choice and the fact it's close speaks volumes to how little this board watches outside our own games.

Yeah i probably would. Not that i would blame anybody for choosing to sign stevie instead. As i said i would be tempted to go that route.

To me it would boil down to the fact that i could always sign a big wideout next off season but when would you have a chance to get your hands on a guy like williams again? Thats what swayed me.

I don't understand your thinking here. Exactly where are the points coming from without Stevie being here? Seriously, exactly who is scoring touchdowns for the 2012 Bills?

The reason you even have the chance to sign this guy is because he's missed 14 games in the last two years. The Bills would be foolish to dump a ton of cash on someone with an injury history like Williams. They already have a huge problem with keeping players on the field. They need either healthy bodies or guys who know how to play hurt like Stevie Johnson.

Why can't we do both, and more? The Bills literally having no starting quality WR's on the roster, and one barely passable DE. We need to sign at least 2 WR's, and probably 2 4-3 DE's....

Sorry, but we NEED SJ first and foremost. The offense is beyond doomed without him.

I'd love to have Mario too, certainly we need SOMEONE who can rush the passer. Maybe Mario, maybe someone else, but we need someone.

I'll pass on VJ. Possibly the most overrated WR in the league, he is the poster boy for inconsistency. I watched all but a few SD games this year, VJ was mostly awful with 3 amazing games mixed in. For the most part he under performed 90% of the time. He is a pure deep threat, and can't do anything else. He is below average working underneath and intermediate routes, the base of the Bills offense...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't understand your thinking here. Exactly where are the points coming from without Stevie being here? Seriously, exactly who is scoring touchdowns for the 2012 Bills?

The reason you even have the chance to sign this guy is because he's missed 14 games in the last two years. The Bills would be foolish to dump a ton of cash on someone with an injury history like Williams. They already have a huge problem with keeping players on the field. They need either healthy bodies or guys who know how to play hurt like Stevie Johnson.

Well i suppose the points would have to come from Freddie and then hope Fitz has a big season. Maybe its the fact id like to see Mario, Kyle, and Dareus line up on the d-line and see what happens. Ive always been a defense guy first. I love watching mean nasty Defenses terrorize offenses.

I mean, i can sit here and ask you if youre willing to sit another season and watch teams score at will on your team. Who is going to get pressure on the QB? How long do you think the Bills corners can cover wideouts with no pass rush.

Truth is, either option will leave huge problems for the team. You have to remember that the scenario put forth isnt really realistic or ideal.

Why can't we do both, and more? The Bills literally having no starting quality WR's on the roster, and one barely passable DE. We need to sign at least 2 WR's, and probably 2 4-3 DE's....

Sorry, but we NEED SJ first and foremost. The offense is beyond doomed without him.

I'd love to have Mario too, certainly we need SOMEONE who can rush the passer. Maybe Mario, maybe someone else, but we need someone.

I'll pass on VJ. Possibly the most overrated WR in the league, he is the poster boy for inconsistency. I watched all but a few SD games this year, VJ was mostly awful with 3 amazing games mixed in. For the most part he under performed 90% of the time. He is a pure deep threat, and can't do anything else. He is below average working underneath and intermediate routes, the base of the Bills offense...

I totally agree with the VJ comments. So many TBD'ers believe shipping out SJ and replacing him with VJ is the way to go. I will sit back and laugh at the Fitzy-VJ 3 td season. VJ is a one trick pony, I have no interest in him

stevie hasnt come close to evans best years and evans never had dumb a$$ penalties or game losing drops. He actually had many game winning catches when it mattered...but it was more than 2 years ago so you probably forgot. Also Drafting new WRs would bring in new players, which was my vote. Stevie was a 7th but you probably forgot that too. You are like a 12yo who says one stat/idea and tries to win the argument on one that one point..."Ask Revis mommy, ask Revis." JESUS!..... Im betting Revis didnt realy give a F^@% and did not take SJ seriously because he is average compared to about 15 other WR's that Revis faced last year. Oh also that Revis knew they would win both games the whole way through. Not that good because well lets see...many crucial drops...i think maybe 2 deep ball tds his whole career....stupid penalties.... very little rac yards this year...not exceptionally tall, not fast and not overly strong....sounds like an average wr living large on a team of 3 and 4 type WR's to be honest

WHAT?!?!? Which "best years" are those!!

SJ has averaged 79-1039-9 in two years as a starter; Evans averaged 54-847-6 in his seven years as a starter in Buffalo. Evans had exactly ONE season that was better than SJ's last two and SIX that were worse.

The signature play in Lee Evans' career was his drop in Baltimore; a perfect example of his lack of effort and desire. It amazes me how the Lee Evans love-fest simply never ends on this board.

I agree that the football polls are an interesting way to gauge opinion.

That being said, I would have chosen either one of a "both" scenario. Signing Williams and SJ or signing SJ and VJ.

I believe either scenario can be accomplished given the Bills cap situation. I don't think it has to be an either/or proposition when it comes to free agents and SJ.

right on. i think re-signing or franchising stevie is a must. that shouldnt preclude signing a DE and another WR. it might make it harder to fit mario or VJ on the payroll, but there's other guys out there that can be significant upgrades at those positions.

and i'd much rather they draft 3 DEs before drafting 3 WRs.

stevie wasnt that good and shouldnt be that hard to replace.

Not much sense is reading your posts after this statement.. Stevie put up back to back 1000+ yard seasons. Yes he's immature but hopefully after getting benched the last game of the year he's realized how stupid he looks acting like a fool after TD's.

I'm sure we can resign Stevie AND sign a couple top tier free agents.

This is a stupid post...Stevie is dedicated to this team and had 1000 yds (2nd time in a row...franchise record) with groin issues, being benched, and Fred Jackson blowing up...Mario would be great, but he wouldn't fix our defense as drastically as everyone thinks...he just had a season ending injury for goodness sakes...even if he made us the number 1 def in the league, not having a vet and talent like Stevie on offense would yield far fewer points scored next year....and we need those to win I think.

Stupid? stevies a "vet"?? who isnt besides yet undrafted players? And by saying vet, youre saying he is a leader or something?? he acts like a selfish fool T.O. style, he was a "vet" too. Also, sooo many players get 1000 yards, that doesnt mean they are great anymore, and the fact that WE HAVE NO OTHER recievers worth a damn is why stevie got so many balls thrown at him. His Yards per catch are much lower than other start recievers and much lower than Evans'. So If stevie doesnt catch 10 TD's...no one else could have? I know alot of wr's who can cath ten td's a season, its not that many. So whos post is stupid? And again just beacuse you can catch 80 balls for 12 yards per catch, doesnt mean you have deep ball , field stretching speed...something stevie never had and never will, the sccary part is he will only get slower and hes already not fast.

Edited by loserlovers

Stupid? stevies a "vet"?? who isnt besides yet undrafted players? And by saying vet, youre saying he is a leader or something?? he acts like a selfish fool T.O. style, he was a "vet" too. Also, sooo many players get 1000 yards, that doesnt mean they are great anymore, and the fact that WE HAVE NO OTHER recievers worth a damn is why stevie got so many balls thrown at him. His Yards per catch are much lower than other start recievers and much lower than Evans'. So If stevie doesnt catch 10 TD's...no one else could have? I know alot of wr's who can cath ten td's a season, its not that many. So whos post is stupid? And again just beacuse you can catch 80 balls for 12 yards per catch, doesnt mean you have deep ball , field stretching speed...something stevie never had and never will, the sccary part is he will only get slower and hes already not fast.

If deep speed is a prerequisite for a HOF career at WR then you can count on one hand the number currently enshrined. There are only a handful of receivers playing today that have the deep speed you're talking about AND the great skills to go along with it. SJ has developed into a good receiver. There's no denying that. I hope his mental maturity will catch up to his physical maturity as a receiver.

While we'd all like a Calvin or Andre Johnson, they are few and far between. And virtually never available after the first round.

GO BILLS!!!

When you show no faith to players who have supported you're organization time and time again, you end up being the Buffalo Bills. At some point we have to keep some type of foundation to build off of. I would hands down sign Stevie J, we need some continuity and stability somewhere and there's really not a viable reason not to re-sign him. Mario Williams is a hell of a player but I would rather have SJ.

If deep speed is a prerequisite for a HOF career at WR then you can count on one hand the number currently enshrined. There are only a handful of receivers playing today that have the deep speed you're talking about AND the great skills to go along with it. SJ has developed into a good receiver. There's no denying that. I hope his mental maturity will catch up to his physical maturity as a receiver.

While we'd all like a Calvin or Andre Johnson, they are few and far between. And virtually never available after the first round.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this, but isnt above average speed important? Steve isnt slow but hes not fast. Reed was faster than stevie, w better hands and a better leaper and couldnt make the Hall. Heres three guys better than stevie right now- Manningham,Nicks,Cruz. Isnt the rookie in Cincinatti better? A better leaper and faster for sure. I just dont get the love affair for stevie, and saying how he "supported us" How is not signing an extention and waiting for a bigger contract supporting us? Stevies waiting for a payday like everyone else. We have now to bow down to him after bringing him up from nowhere, paying him over a million dollars and letting him be a starter on a pro nfl team? Allowing him to showcase skills that may have never been witnessed had it not been for the Bills? He owes us more than we owe him. Especially after showing disregard for the team with his showboating. Stevie will probably get worse after he lands a deal. Maybe, maybe not but why treat the guy like an allpro just for doing what most starters do on most team year in-year out?

Has it been that long since we had decent offense that you all think stevie is jerry rice?