Whitney Houston

ajzepp

Why did somebody who had everything and was the All-American girl have to marry the bad boy?

Cause women like the bad boy and think they can change him. Some realize they can't and go for the good guy instead. Others stick with it until it is too late.

Go ahead.

Done

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/142056-25-years-ago-in-syracuse-ny

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was between jobs at the time and worked their wedding as a waiter. Never met a bigger room full of !@#$s in my life.

Wow - really?!? So, her looks, etc. projected the All American girl, but she was an ahole even before going down the rabbit hole with that loser?

Wow - really?!? So, her looks, etc. projected the All American girl, but she was an ahole even before going down the rabbit hole with that loser?

I don't know about her. I was talking about the people at the event. I had no idea who Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown were at the time. I just knew they were people with money seeing it was one hell of a party.

I don't know about her. I was talking about the people at the event. I had no idea who Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown were at the time. I just knew they were people with money seeing it was one hell of a party.

You didn't know who Whitney Houston was in 1993 or whenever that was? How is that even possible?........Even if somehow you can shut out all of pop culture, as a Bills fan, you'd know her from the anthem before Super Bowl XXV.

Wow, just totally amazed at all the petty and disrespectful posts in here, but I guess I shouldn't be since they're coming from jaded Bills' fans.

Yeah, she was an "addict", but who among us is perfect, with no vices? And unless you've been there (rich & famous), please save me from your armchair psychoanalysis. I guarantee that you have NO IDEA what went on in her life that drove her to drugs. It's real easy to sit here and say, "she got what she deserved", but damn, that's cold and heartless.....are you really cold & heartless? She was a Mother, and had a Mother too. "Let he who has no sins cast the first stone."

The facts are that she was a one of a kind, a true superstar with an unbelievable voice. And that's not just my opinion, it's the take of Tony Bennett, and Lionel Ritchie, and Clive Davis, and Tommy Mattola, and countless other music industry giants. She was a one in 10 billion (or whatever the population of the earth is) person. Her songs touched the hearts of MILLIONS of people around the world. She sold almost 200 MILLION albums. In her prime, she was the best on earth. Since her prime, no one has come close to topping her. In your lifetime, most likely, she will be the best singer you've ever heard.

And I do agree that soldiers, sailors, teachers, policemen, & firemen, are not given as much pay & recognition as they deserve. Unfortunately, that's the society that we live in....my view is that athletes, entertainers, and "movie stars" are grossly overpaid, and if I personally could change that, I'd do it in a minute.

Wasn't she dabbling in the stuff pre-bb? IE her lifestyle choices led to a guy like him and the two spiraled together? Not that she was a perfect role model that unwittingly into this guys arms.

Wow, just totally amazed at all the petty and disrespectful posts in here, but I guess I shouldn't be since they're coming from jaded Bills' fans.

Yeah, she was an "addict", but who among us is perfect, with no vices? And unless you've been there (rich & famous), please save me from your armchair psychoanalysis. I guarantee that you have NO IDEA what went on in her life that drove her to drugs. It's real easy to sit here and say, "she got what she deserved", but damn, that's cold and heartless.....are you really cold & heartless? She was a Mother, and had a Mother too. "Let he who has no sins cast the first stone."

The facts are that she was a one of a kind, a true superstar with an unbelievable voice. And that's not just my opinion, it's the take of Tony Bennett, and Lionel Ritchie, and Clive Davis, and Tommy Mattola, and countless other music industry giants. She was a one in 10 billion (or whatever the population of the earth is) person. Her songs touched the hearts of MILLIONS of people around the world. She sold almost 200 MILLION albums. In her prime, she was the best on earth. Since her prime, no one has come close to topping her. In your lifetime, most likely, she will be the best singer you've ever heard.

And I do agree that soldiers, sailors, teachers, policemen, & firemen, are not given as much pay & recognition as they deserve. Unfortunately, that's the society that we live in....my view is that athletes, entertainers, and "movie stars" are grossly overpaid, and if I personally could change that, I'd do it in a minute.

Someone who sells 200 million records and reaches that many people is lot more uncommon. If we honored every one of the other types mentioned every time they passed there wouldn't be enough time in the day. That's why they're generally honored as a group.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

You've been around for a while. Remember when Michael Jackson died? If you did, you wouldn't be amazed at all.

You've been around for a while. Remember when Michael Jackson died? If you did, you wouldn't be amazed at all.

Excuse those of us who don't think we ought to fete either of these people as role models.

Excuse us if we comment how much of a waste she made of her life and squandered her talent via drugs.

Wasn't she dabbling in the stuff pre-bb? IE her lifestyle choices led to a guy like him and the two spiraled together? Not that she was a perfect role model that unwittingly into this guys arms.

Who knows what she did and when did it. I don't think it was ever announced......The way my memory of her goes is that she was on top of the world from 1985-1992, topping out with the Bodyguard and that song that broke all records and was in my opinion an amazing vocal performance........Then, I see she married him that year - and it was all downward from there.

Excuse those of us who don't think we ought to fete either of these people as role models.

Excuse us if we comment how much of a waste she made of her life and squandered her talent via drugs.

:lol: You have me pegged, alright, just like all the other geniuses over at PPP. Apologize, citizen!

Check six posts up. I hardly think of this woman as a role model.

Have to agree with this statement. I'm not sure why everyone is blaming BB for her downfall. Yea they had a rough marriage, but the demons were there before she met him. She could have cleaned herself up after she left him in 07'. Hell her "strict baptist" family could have helped her. She obviously chose not to.

i just overheard a conversation that whitney's death is a reminder for all of us that you never know what tomorrow brings. while i completely agree with that sentiment...no one made any mention of her using drugs...i held my tongue and just let them talk...

Good story.

Yes she was a good singer . Died of her own making. Wasted all her money. We all going to die someday. Little kids die everyday from cancer and I am not going to jump on the Poor WH band wagon no matter what society thinks. Lot more things in life that are more tragic than her death.

Edited by mead107

i just overheard a conversation that whitney's death is a reminder for all of us that you never know what tomorrow brings. while i completely agree with that sentiment...no one made any mention of her using drugs...i held my tongue and just let them talk...

not to try and jump in on the feeding frenzy, but I have the impression she wasn't quite the "innocent being taken advantage of" she was often portrayed. I mean she was seeing that Ray J (of Kim K sex tape fame) recently. You dont go near that guy if you don't have a rebellious/wreckless side to you