CJ Spiller wants to be a starter

Justice

Could CJ Spiller be a problem if he isn't the starter in 2012, like this article suggests? Personally, I don't think so. He's never been a troublemaker in the past and I don't believe he'll become one now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/10/jackson-may-get-extension-but-spiller-wants-to-start/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That article suggest nothing worthy of attention. Of course spiller wants to start, but if he doesn't, there is nothing he can do about it except take an early retirement, hold out, demand a trade, and things like that.... all things I cannot see happening. at all. Spiller seems too softspoken to take all his anger out like a spoiled kid. The worst case scenario, he gets pissed, holds in his anger, and when his contract ends, and he takes off to another team.

I would expect a top 10 draft pick to want to be a starter. I'd be far more concerned if he had said "I like the role I'm playing on the team, and I don't expect anything extra. I don't wanna push myself. My place on the bench is comfy" Fred Jackson is a great talent, and again this team should be built around fred and cj not fitz throwing 35-40 times a game to scrub wide outs.

Could CJ Spiller be a problem if he isn't the starter in 2012, like this article suggests? Personally, I don't think so. He's never been a troublemaker in the past and I don't believe he'll become one now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/10/jackson-may-get-extension-but-spiller-wants-to-start/

Spiller should and will start...

First round pick.

Played very well his last few games.

First rounder money.

3rd year player.

Jackson will be the #2 guy because the Bills have seen more than enough of Spiller to know that he's ready to take over the reigns. It's a young mans game, this is a young team, CJ Spiller is the future and Jackson will be able to extend his career a few years longer being the backup who gets about 10 carries a game. Sorry Freddie fans, but that's how I see it going down.

He seems king of slow. Maybe they could tell him the back up plays first to set it up for the starter.

First round pick.

First rounder money.

3rd year player.

Jackson will be the #2 guy because the Bills have seen more than enough of Spiller to know that he's ready to take over the reigns. It's a young mans game, this is a young team, CJ Spiller is the future and Jackson will be able to extend his career a few years longer being the backup who gets about 10 carries a game. Sorry Freddie fans, but that's how I see it going down.

you play to win the game

First round pick.

First rounder money.

3rd year player.

Or the Bills can do the smart thing and play it as whoever gets better into the flow of the game plays more..... Ya know use em both I know novel concept

a little off topic, but anyone look at the comments? The "Skooby lives, shout out to 2BD" hahaha.

First round pick.

First rounder money.

3rd year player.

spiller did well, but he didn't outplay jackson in any phase of the game. Jackson is a WAY better blocker, he has more on field awareness, and he is better after the catch. the only thing he lacks is CJ's explosive speed. Jackson is a far more complete back and was a huge reason why we won the games early on.

He seems king of slow. Maybe they could tell him the back up plays first to set it up for the starter.

you play to win the game

Not the first time I have seen Spiller referred to as not being too smart. I could have sworn, when he was drafted, he was described as very bright, and a straight-A student at Clemson...for what that is worth.

First round pick.

First rounder money.

3rd year player.

Man you need glasses! LOL

What i dont get is how the writer (if you want to call him that) writes a story without quoting Spiller or anyone else. Refers to a league source and then uses words/phrases like...

...things could get awkward.

It’s unclear what Spiller will do..

...it could become a problem.

Spiller could react unreasonably.

Uhhh, yeah and btw, the Bills COULD win the Super Bowl.

Is this what its come down to?

Anyway, i agree with you NoJustice, i dont think Spiller will cause any problem at all- he will just look to win the starter spot by trying to outplay Jackson; which works for me.

What i dont get is how the writer (if you want to call him that) writes a story without quoting Spiller or anyone else. Refers to a league source and then uses words/phrases like...

...things could get awkward.

It’s unclear what Spiller will do..

...it could become a problem.

Spiller could react unreasonably.

Uhhh, yeah and btw, the Bills COULD win the Super Bowl.

Is this what its come down to?

Anyway, i agree with you NoJustice, i dont think Spiller will cause any problem at all- he will just look to win the starter spot by trying to outplay Jackson; which works for me.

Decent analogy especially on the BS article. I don't believe Spiller was drafted to be a every down back? If Gailey has changed his position I'd love to read it.

Less than a week after the super bowl every one of the 32 teams fans think they will win it all next year. The reality is the same teams will be there with a couple of exceptions.

Edited by Best Player Available

Not the first time I have seen Spiller referred to as not being too smart. I could have sworn, when he was drafted, he was described as very bright, and a straight-A student at Clemson...for what that is worth.

Yet a 10 for a wonderlic score, roughly where you'd expect it to fall if he couldn't read and just bubbled the sheet randomly.

There's clearly some sort of disconnect.