Jerry Jones says he has had “50 concussions”

papazoid

Jones, who played college football at Arkansas, said that he has had “50 concussions.” He then joked that, if he hadn’t suffered so many blows to the head, he would have been the President of the U.S. instead of the owner of the Cowboys.

(that explains alot).....laffin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/jerry-jones-says-he-has-had-50-concussions/

PTR, I gotta give you credit. For a middle-aged guy, you sure are onto what the hip kids are doing nowadays. Hope I stay in touch that long.

I said a hip hop

the hippy

the hippy

to the hip hip hop

ya don't stop the rock it

to the bang bang boogie

say up jumped the boogie

to the bang bang boogie, the beat

I said a hip hop

the hippy

the hippy

to the hip hip hop

ya don't stop the rock it

to the bang bang boogie

say up jumped the boogie

to the bang bang boogie, the beat

Now what you hear is not a test, I'm rappin' to the beat....

Good to know that one of the league's most iconic and visible "leaders" is making light of an issue the league is very publicly taking seriously these days.

EDIT: And then I followed the link and read this:

Jones quickly pointed out he wasn’t trying to make light of the challenges players are facing. Still, some may believe that the remark came off as a bit insensitive to the plight of the men who are suffering the effects of a career of concussions.

Still, my knee jerk reaction was precisely that. Note: the deliberate use of the word "jerk."

Edited by The Big Cat

I can believe the 50 concussion part, and not doubting that he did, I am just totally shocked,

that he played football. I would have believed that John Clayton played before I would believe

Jerry did. I think John Clayton actually did though.

Punters don't count...

I can believe the 50 concussion part, and not doubting that he did, I am just totally shocked,

that he played football. I would have believed that John Clayton played before I would believe

Jerry did. I think John Clayton actually did though.

Co-captain of 1964 National Champion Arkansas, in fact. Played O-line. Team mate of JJ.

Jones, who played college football at Arkansas, said that he has had “50 concussions.” He then joked that, if he hadn’t suffered so many blows to the head, he would have been the President of the U.S. instead of the owner of the Cowboys.

(that explains alot).....laffin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/03/jerry-jones-says-he-has-had-50-concussions/

That explains alot.

Oh, so that's why. Now I feel terrible. I thought he was an arrogant, loopy, obnoxious attention wh*re all on his own.