Boom!!!!

I think you're giving conservative nit pickers too much credit. Even if the right wing talk shows and conservative political message board members minded their Ps and Qs by not harping on the small potatoes, the MSM would no doubt still be propping up completely phony economic numbers to the idiot masses who still watch and believe in what they say.

Giving the other side bullets and suggesting it's no big deal because they already have bullets is something of a losing argument for me. I understand there are some things that support a narrative, but a lot of it is just a dumbass waste of time. Because here we sit, trying to be critical of the reality of the unemployment numbers, and by next Monday it will be "Oh, well, Sean Hannity this and Rush Limbaugh that and Fox News and Rick Santelli, and you need to get your news from someplace else because these are the same people who think Obama wasn't born here, so you must be a birther!!!"

If they have enough bullets, there's no need to give them more, even if you're convinced they're running an ammo factory.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving the other side bullets and suggesting it's no big deal because they already have bullets is something of a losing argument for me. I understand there are some things that support a narrative, but a lot of it is just a dumbass waste of time. Because here we sit, trying to be critical of the reality of the unemployment numbers, and by next Monday it will be "Oh, well, Sean Hannity this and Rush Limbaugh that and Fox News and Rick Santelli, and you need to get your news from someplace else because these are the same people who think Obama wasn't born here, so you must be a birther!!!"

If they have enough bullets, there's no need to give them more, even if you're convinced they're running an ammo factory.

I think that most independents (who will determine this election) get their political information from various news outlets on the internet and can filter out the partisan BS.

While the echo chambers are firing at each other day in and day out, the people in the middle will base their decision on whether they are better off today than they were four years ago. I find it hard to believe that Obama wins based on this. Amercan's salaries have declined 6 percent, their home values have declined, and that's not even counting the people who've lost their jobs and lost their homes.

You guys are riot! The government is lying, the media is lying, it's all a conspiracy against our Romney turd!! Ha ha!!! :lol:

http://www.nbcmontana.com/money/30370899/detail.html

And the three-month and six-month increases are similarly impressive -- 1.1 million more say they have jobs compared to October, and nearly 2 million more people say they're working since July's reading.

That is the best six-month job gain since August 2005, when the unemployment rate was a healthy 4.9 percent. January's unemployment rate is still a painfully high 8.3 percent. But the unemployment rate has fallen from 9.1 percent in the last six months on the strength of the increasing number of those saying they have found work.

I'm not celebrating yet, but this sure looks like a nice trend building into the Obama Prosperity B-)

Yes, but you see, the narrative is written, and a self-fulfilled one at that. When something like this takes place, and you try to point it out, the immediate response is, "Oh, you right-wing freaks just can't be happy with anything, can you? You just can't admit that things are getting better. You WANT him to fail, don't you? You WANT the US to fail, don't you? You hate AMERICA!!!"

"Like Iraq in 2006?"

I'm not celebrating yet, but this sure looks like a nice trend building into the Obama Prosperity B-)

Nonsense like this is why no one takes you seriously...

...well, this, and the fact that you're unnaturally moronic.

You guys are riot! The government is lying, the media is lying,

It's not lying dipshit, thats just how the system works, when people lose hope and give up looking for work, they don't get counted into the unemployment rate. It's in the labor statistic reports.

But you go ahead and celebrate while 1.2M people this past month lost hope and gave up looking for work. Yippeeee 8.3% unemployment, the number (even though it's still a ****ty number), that's what counts!

You guys are riot! The government is lying, the media is lying, it's all a conspiracy against our Romney turd!! Ha ha!!! :lol:

http://www.nbcmontan...899/detail.html

You're not celebrating but you start a thread titled BOOM!!! God you're pathetic.

But you go ahead and celebrate while 1.2M people this past month lost hope and gave up looking for work. Yippeeee 8.3% unemployment, the number (even though it's still a ****ty number), that's what counts!

Remember in 2004 or so, the "jobless recovery" under Bush, when unemployment numbers sucked so badly?

At 6%.

:rolleyes:

Interesting article from The Hill, with A. West Questioning the Numbers

Black unemployment dropped 2.2%!

It's an Obamiracle!

"Can someone tell me how employment in the black community has improved at a rate three times the national average in just a few months?? With numbers like today, urban communities should be well on their way to economic recovery then! There is something suspicious about the job numbers released today and it has me very concerned," West wondered Friday. "Is this dramatic supposed decrease in black unemployment a result of job creation or is someone playing around with the census numbers??"

Economists reached by The Hill for comment couldn't fully explain the unemployment rate change for the black community. William Darity, a professor of public policy at Duke University specializing in African-American studies and economics, wrote in an email to The Hill that the decline could have been due to a smaller labor force. He called the drop an "unbelievably dramatic drop" but didn't rule out the possibility of someone tampering with the numbers; he said there was no evidence one way or the other.

Edited by LABillzFan

It's not lying dipshit, thats just how the system works, when people lose hope and give up looking for work, they don't get counted into the unemployment rate. It's in the labor statistic reports.

It's not a yippeeeee moment when 1.2m stop looking for work but it's still not a bad thing when the economy creates 240,000 jobs. Even if it's baby steps, at least it's a step in the right direction.

It's not a yippeeeee moment when 1.2m stop looking for work but it's still not a bad thing when the economy creates 240,000 jobs. Even if it's baby steps, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Except, as I suspect you know, that wasn't the case.

Maybe it’s just that most people don’t understand what they’re looking at.

Those 243,000 jobs are the total after seasonal adjustments.

The question you should be asking is, what’s the un-tampered-with number before the adjustment?

Glad you asked. The Labor Department reported a loss of 2,689,000 jobs in January.

Seasonal adjustments are intended to smooth out holiday bumps like that. But because of the depth and unusual nature of the nation’s Great Recession, those seasonal adjustments are being skewed.

Here’s how it works: In January 2010, there was an actual, unadjusted job loss of 2,858,000 jobs.

To make it simple, the government computers were expecting a bigger unadjusted loss than the 2,689,000 jobs because last January’s decline was 2,858,000.

Why weren’t there as many job losses this January? Very likely because the weather throughout the country is a lot milder this year than during the past two Januarys.

A loss of jobs that isn’t as bad as expected turns into a job gain.

Does that mean there really are 243,000 new jobs out there?

Absolutely not.

Edited by B-Man

To be fair, I am now reading, the January job loss number (1,200,000) that we have been quoting, is itself a statistical anomoly, based on a once in a decade population adjustment.

Ross Kaminsky

Thankfully it appears that, while the "participating" work force has been shrinking for the past 4 years, this months numbers are nowhere's near as bad as we thought.

Edited by B-Man

The job sector that continues to lose jobs is the public sector because of spending cuts at the federal, state, and local level. The private sector is creating jobs, but the overall numbers are lagging due to a shrinking government work force. That's what you conservatives have been wanting. Yet you still piss and moan. What douches. :wallbash:

The job sector that continues to lose jobs is the public sector because of spending cuts at the federal, state, and local level. The private sector is creating jobs, but the overall numbers are lagging due to a shrinking government work force. That's what you conservatives have been wanting. Yet you still piss and moan. What douches. :wallbash:

Coming from an ignorant little twat like you, it's all good :beer:

I see a lot of you far right nuts are going on about more people leaving the workforce since when Reagan was the President, but can you tell me how many new workers entered the workforce?

The Dow Jones Industrial Average broke through to its highest close since May 2008...The Nasdaq Composite Index, dominated by surging technology stocks, jumped 1.61% to 2905.66, its highest close since December 2000, as hopes spread that global growth would be strong enough to boost demand for technology gear....Financial and industrial stocks also posted strong gains on those same economic hopes. Utility stocks, whose dividends make them good investments in a weaker economy—and which led the market amid economic doubts late last year—were among Friday's weaklings...." 'Fear' has arguably been the biggest hurdle to stronger economic growth so far in this recovery and the prospect of rising confidence might be the best sign yet that the U.S. recovery will sustain and broaden,' " .

Confidence!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203889904577201482391556766.html

That darn media at it again!!

Coming from an ignorant little twat like you, it's all good :beer:

Yes, but he is right and you are wrong