Boom!!!!

So, let's just take the topic at hand, all the right wing posters here are claiming it's a lie, it's the media, a trick, that the the unemployment rate just dropped because of a fall in the number of workers, correct?

That's complete bs yet they all have fallen in line behind it.

You think that's reasonably of them?

Based on the increase in the number of people in the labor force actively employed, the economy's only created half a million jobs SINCE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE. For the drop in unemployment numbers for January to represent only people who found jobs, the economy would have had to have created half a million jobs in January alone.

So either you're saying that everything Obama did up until January was completely useless, or people left the works force in January. And considering that the employment rolls were reported to be up only some 250k people, that would mean...that 200,000 workers left the workforce.

Hey, just like I said before! You !@#$ing moron. :wallbash:

Then you need to learn how to read.

I spent about hour last night going through the numbers not just for last month, but for January 2010 and 2009. I know you didn't even !@#$ing look at it, you ****head. :lol:

Hope you are enjoying Super Sunday Tom.

Chili's already cooking. But I'll really start enjoying it when The Brady gets hit about a dozen times...without getting a call go his way.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the increase in the number of people in the labor force actively employed, the economy's only created half a million jobs SINCE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE. For the drop in unemployment numbers for January to represent only people who found jobs, the economy would have had to have created half a million jobs in January alone.

So either you're saying that everything Obama did up until January was completely useless, or people left the works force in January. And considering that the employment rolls were reported to be up only some 250k people, that would mean...that 200,000 workers left the workforce.

Hey, just like I said before! You !@#$ing moron. :wallbash:

Today’s jobs report carries good news on both fronts. The unemployment rate fell, and the employment-population ratio rose. That means the improvement in the labor market is real — people actually found jobs.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/02/03/whats-behind-the-unemployment-rate-drop/

No argument here that at the beginning of his term in office jobs were being lost, I wasn't going back that far. But to try and discount this wonderful report is simply dishonest

Ok, so after reading the BLS a little more, it was a technical decrease of 1.2M people from the workforce because of the Census reports of increased population. So it would be an intellectually dishonest argument to make to attempt to hammer away the claim of 1.2 Million people dropping out of the workforce in a single month.

Having said that, the cumulative total of 1.2 Million people of either not entering or dropping out of the work force on top of the recognized amount since the Census would be accurate. So from a singular isolated POV, the report was a good one, from the perspective of the amount of total discouraged people that have dropped out of the workforce over the past 4 years should be a story that gets covered.

Considering its an election year, I doubt it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/02/03/whats-behind-the-unemployment-rate-drop/

No argument here that at the beginning of his term in office jobs were being lost, I wasn't going back that far. But to try and discount this wonderful report is simply dishonest

Funny. I keep referring to the actual report, which I read, and from which I can provide you numbers.

You keep referring to the fact that you have no idea what's in the report aside from what someone else tells you.]

And you think I'm the uninformed one in this discussion?

:lol:

Did you read the actual poll?

I'd like to know what the last thing is that Dave read at all.

Seriously...no "Dick and Jane" jokes, comic book jokes, coloring book jokes, back-of-the-cereal-box jokes. DiN, what's the last thing you read that wasn't a headline?