mid level Free Agents

hopefully we go balls out for Marrio Williams but after that there are some decent guys out there that would be upgrades as starters or over our backups. I'm not saying we should get all these guys but some would be nice:

QB:

Brady Quinn – DEN

Shaun Hill - DET - Fiery, gutsy player looked good in SF.

Rex Grossman – WAS

RB

Chester Taylor – ARI

Peyton Hillis – CLE - change of pace, short yardage + goal line 4rth run down the clock back

Michael Bush – OAK

FB:

Le’Ron McClain – KC - better runner than Mcintyer

Owen Schmitt – PHI - better runner and receiver not quite the blocker but pretty good and would give Chan another weapon besides going 5 wide.

WR:

Steve Johnson – BUF

Jerome Simpson – CIN - super athletic, shifty

Wes Welker – NE - super productive, weakens the Pats

Mario Manningham - NYG

Danny Amendola – STL ®

TE:

Scott Chandler – BUF

Greg Olsen – CAR

Bear Pascoe – NYG ®

OT:

Levi Brown – ARI

Erik Pears – BUF

Ryan Diem – IND

Kareem McKenzie – NYG

G:

Deuce Lutui – ARI

Chad Rinehart – BUF

Kraig Urbik – BUF ®

DE:

John Abraham – ATL

Mario Williams – HOU

Igor Olshansky – MIA - is 34 but still a beast could slide down to DT

Andre Carter – NE - Had good year and pats are going back to 34

Dave Tollefson – NYG

DT:

Brodrick Bunkley – DEN

Paul Soliai – MIA - still could use a lane clogger on the line

Shaun Rogers – NO - extremely hard to handle

LB:

Stephen Tulloch – DET

Channing Crowder – MIA

E.J. Henderson – MIN

Rob Ninkovich – NE - more NE weakening :devil: and makes plays

Stephen Cooper – SD

Na’il Diggs – SD

Ahmad Brooks – SF

Brady Poppinga – STL

S:

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Bryan Scott – BUF

Gerald Sensabaugh – DAL

Jim Leonhard – NYJ

LaRon Landry – WAS

CB:

Reggie Corner – BUF

Carlos Rogers – SF

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

nfltraderumors.co/nfltr-features/2011022012-nfl-free-agents/

hopefully we go balls out for Marrio Williams but after that there are some decent guys out there that would be upgrades as starters or over our backups. I'm not saying we should get all these guys but some would be nice:

QB:

Brady Quinn – DEN

Rex Grossman – WAS

RB

Chester Taylor – ARI

Peyton Hillis – CLE - change of pace, short yardage + goal line 4rth run down the clock back

Michael Bush – OAK

FB:

Owen Schmitt – PHI - better runner and receiver not quite the blocker but pretty good and would give Chan another weapon besides going 5 wide.

WR:

Steve Johnson – BUF

Mario Manningham - NYG

Danny Amendola – STL ®

TE:

Scott Chandler – BUF

Greg Olsen – CAR

Bear Pascoe – NYG ®

OT:

Levi Brown – ARI

Erik Pears – BUF

Ryan Diem – IND

Kareem McKenzie – NYG

G:

Deuce Lutui – ARI

Chad Rinehart – BUF

Kraig Urbik – BUF ®

DE:

John Abraham – ATL

Mario Williams – HOU

Dave Tollefson – NYG

DT:

Brodrick Bunkley – DEN

LB:

Stephen Tulloch – DET

Channing Crowder – MIA

E.J. Henderson – MIN

Stephen Cooper – SD

Na’il Diggs – SD

Ahmad Brooks – SF

Brady Poppinga – STL

S:

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Bryan Scott – BUF

Gerald Sensabaugh – DAL

Jim Leonhard – NYJ

LaRon Landry – WAS

CB:

Reggie Corner – BUF

Carlos Rogers – SF

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

I disagree. I think we should get all these guys.

If I could have one guy on this entire list, it would be Kraig Urbik. He must be re-signed pronto.

QB:

Brady Quinn – DEN

Rex Grossman – WAS

RB

Chester Taylor – ARI

Michael Bush – OAK

FB:

WR:

Steve Johnson – BUF

Mario Manningham - NYG

Danny Amendola – STL ®

TE:

Scott Chandler – BUF

Greg Olsen – CAR

Bear Pascoe – NYG ®

OT:

Levi Brown – ARI

Erik Pears – BUF

Ryan Diem – IND

Kareem McKenzie – NYG

G:

Deuce Lutui – ARI

Chad Rinehart – BUF

Kraig Urbik – BUF ®

DE:

John Abraham – ATL

Mario Williams – HOU

Dave Tollefson – NYG

DT:

Brodrick Bunkley – DEN

LB:

Stephen Tulloch – DET

Channing Crowder – MIA

E.J. Henderson – MIN

Stephen Cooper – SD

Na’il Diggs – SD

Ahmad Brooks – SF

Brady Poppinga – STL

S:

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Bryan Scott – BUF

Gerald Sensabaugh – DAL

Jim Leonhard – NYJ

LaRon Landry – WAS

CB:

Reggie Corner – BUF

Carlos Rogers – SF

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

Just my opinions:

Not a lot to get excited over on that list. The Bills won't realistically be able to compete for Mario Williams.

Maybe one of the QBs is a small upgrade over Thigpen, but all are career backup types and I don't think any

are worth significantly more money than Thigpen.

The Bills are set at RB and while Michael Bush would be nice, he'll get good money to be a starter somewhere.

Welker isn't leaving NE and none of the rest of the WRs really are that good.

I'd be excited to get Greg Olsen paired with Scott Chandler.

The Bills have already extended Pears at OT and I don't think any of the other Ts solve the Bills' problems

at LT. **Maybe** one is **slightly** better than Bell, but certainly not by much.

Ugh, no help available on that list of old DEs. Certainly not for the pass rush. Carter and Olshansky are way

too old for a young, hopefully up and coming team, to consider.

I don't see any LBs that will help with the pass rush and most wouldn't be good enough to start and solve

any problem the Bills have.

I think the Bills are OK at Safety.

I'd be happy with Finnegan, but I wouldn't pay Carlos Rogers anything much.

Just my opinions:

Not a lot to get excited over on that list. The Bills won't realistically be able to compete for Mario Williams.

Maybe one of the QBs is a small upgrade over Thigpen, but all are career backup types and I don't think any

The Bills are set at RB and while Michael Bush would be nice, he'll get good money to be a starter somewhere.

The Bills have already extended Pears at OT and I don't think any of the other Ts solve the Bills' problems

at LT. **Maybe** one is **slightly** better than Bell, but certainly not by much.

Ugh, no help available on that list of old DEs. Certainly not for the pass rush. Carter and Olshansky are way

I don't see any LBs that will help with the pass rush and most wouldn't be good enough to start and solve

me either, that's why they are mid level but any of those QBs are better than thigpen.

I personally would like to see us go after a TE. Martellus Bennett/Shockey//John CarlOlsonson etc. I know Chan 'doesnt like to use them' but thats just really stupid on his part. I would also think we have a better shot at signing a Kiwinuka as a DE than M Willaims, but obvoiusly I would want Williams first and foremost. Resigning Stevie and Urbik are gimmes that must happen. Adding a DE and TE in free agency then a good draft pick or two and we can compete. We will eventually have to replace Turnover Fitzpatric though eventually, and I think a guy like Quinn who never really got a chance could play if he had to.

I personally would like to see us go after a TE. Martellus Bennett/Shockey//John CarlOlsonson etc. I know Chan 'doesnt like to use them' but thats just really stupid on his part. I would also think we have a better shot at signing a Kiwinuka as a DE than M Willaims, but obvoiusly I would want Williams first and foremost. Resigning Stevie and Urbik are gimmes that must happen. Adding a DE and TE in free agency then a good draft pick or two and we can compete. We will eventually have to replace Turnover Fitzpatric though eventually, and I think a guy like Quinn who never really got a chance could play if he had to.

Kiwanuka's not a free agent, he signed a 2 year contract last offseason.

He used Chandler...a lot when healthy.....resign him and we have a younger, cheaper, productive TE

didn't see kiwi on the list.

I still heart Owen Schmitt. Kid is perfect for this team.

:thumbsup:

I would like to see us pick up John Abraham. He's getting a little long in the tooth but he's still a complete 4-3 end who can get to the QB. He would be a nice stop gap/insurance policy for a year or two while we groom/work in whoever we draft at DE.

not going to happen....Melvin Ingrams coming to town

Just my opinions:

I agree with everything you said. Would love Olsen paired with Chandler. I would also not mind Jerome Simpson along with Stevie. He's got good size, speed and potential.

Edited by Maddog69

Sounds like Marcus Stroud all over again...

Trading for a DT vs signing a free agent end that is down to like 20 snaps a game

QB:

Brady Quinn – DEN

Rex Grossman – WAS

RB

Chester Taylor – ARI

Michael Bush – OAK

FB:

WR:

Steve Johnson – BUF

Mario Manningham - NYG

Danny Amendola – STL ®

TE:

Scott Chandler – BUF

Greg Olsen – CAR

Bear Pascoe – NYG ®

OT:

Levi Brown – ARI

Erik Pears – BUF

Ryan Diem – IND

Kareem McKenzie – NYG

G:

Deuce Lutui – ARI

Chad Rinehart – BUF

Kraig Urbik – BUF ®

DE:

John Abraham – ATL

Mario Williams – HOU

Dave Tollefson – NYG

DT:

Brodrick Bunkley – DEN

LB:

Stephen Tulloch – DET

Channing Crowder – MIA

E.J. Henderson – MIN

Stephen Cooper – SD

Na’il Diggs – SD

Ahmad Brooks – SF

Brady Poppinga – STL

S:

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Bryan Scott – BUF

Gerald Sensabaugh – DAL

Jim Leonhard – NYJ

LaRon Landry – WAS

CB:

Reggie Corner – BUF

Carlos Rogers – SF

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

No offense but that was really just too all over the place to really give feedback on. Guys from totally different schemes, roles, values just bunched together in a list. In some position groups it's a probowler with a fight to make the roster guy, or both 34 and 43 guys, gun slinger in Rex paired with a checkdown thrower in Quinn.... Just hard to take the list on for a real discussion for parts of it.

Trading for a DT vs signing a free agent end that is down to like 20 snaps a game

No offense but that was really just too all over the place to really give feedback on. Guys from totally different schemes, roles, values just bunched together in a list. In some position groups it's a probowler with a fight to make the roster guy, or both 34 and 43 guys, gun slinger in Rex paired with a checkdown thrower in Quinn.... Just hard to take the list on for a real discussion for parts of it.

Unfortunately, this is one of a number of posts in which people have just copy-pasted lists from websites. Taking the time to compile a quality list is worth it, and avoids the errors that people will spend most of the time in their posts responding to. The inclusion of SJ and Welker as "mid-level" free agents, for example, or the inclusion of already-extended Pears, make it hard to see what one is getting at. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these players have re-signed with their teams, as Pears has with us.

That being said, Williams isn't coming here. There are numerous good teams with money to spend (Cincy and Atlanta for example) that Williams could get the big contract he's looking for from if he doesn't re-sign with Houston. Buffalo has a shot at guys like Cliff Avril, though, and Vincent Jackson on the other side of the ball; those are the types of players we should be thinking about. Avril just said that he wouldn't be happy about a franchise tag, and I think he leaves Detroit for a big contract somewhere else. Buffalo has a shot.