Wade Phillips STILL screwing the Bills...

SDS

When did Wade ever screw us?  He got screwed by the Bills.

179360[/snapback]

How about his "infamous" speech he made before the Colts game in 2000 where he said that neither the Bills nor the Colts were going to the playoffs, as we both were eliminated. Yet, the Colts went on the win a few more (we lost to the Colts) and made the playoffs. He was a dumb jerk. Sure, a decent defensive coordinator, but a lousey HC. Let's not forget his wonderfuul staff. Carl Mauck come to mind? Or how about the Bills TE coach under Wade. Hhe was a assistant to an assistant (exaggeration, but not much) who got the Bills job because he was Wade's neighbor? Or what about Pendry....No, Wade did plenty of damage. Plenty. Seriously poor HC. Piss on Wade.

Oh, and let's not forget Ronnie Jones....jeez....give us a break.

San Diego offense lost that game, they're were in field postion to try a FG and instead of running LT up the middle they ran a fake reverse, result: Brees sacked (Freeney) fumbled the ball and they recovered the ball at Indy's 40, then they had to punt

with a FG the Colts would have had to score twice to win.

what about starting the RJ era in the wc playoff game after flutie lead the team to the playoffs after starting 0-3...great coach  ;)

179423[/snapback]

as horrible as rob johnson was...................he had that game won!we lost on a trick play.i thought rob played a hellava game that day.the next season well that was a different story

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The "speech" you refer to was an offhanded comment in an interview. Not a good move, but it wasn't a speech.

Second, his record was 29-19. 2 playoff appearances. Bad head coach?

Think again.

Gregg Williams was a bad head coach. Wade puts him to shame.

How about his "infamous" speech he made before the Colts game in 2000 where he said that neither the Bills nor the Colts were going to the playoffs, as we both were eliminated. Yet, the Colts went on the win a few more (we lost to the Colts) and made the playoffs. He was a dumb jerk. Sure, a decent defensive coordinator, but a lousey HC. Let's not forget his wonderfuul staff. Carl Mauck come to mind? Or how about the Bills TE coach under Wade. Hhe was a assistant to an assistant (exaggeration, but not much) who got the Bills job because he was Wade's neighbor? Or what about Pendry....No, Wade did plenty of damage. Plenty. Seriously poor HC. Piss on Wade.

179399[/snapback]

Wrong again. Wade wanted to start Flutie... it was Ralph Wilson who demanded that Rob Johnson start the game after watching him play lights out against Indy in a meaningless game. That is fact. I have even spoken to Wade about this personally.

As for us starting 0-3 that year, think again. That was the season prior to the Tennessee game.

what about starting the RJ era in the wc playoff game after flutie lead the team to the playoffs after starting 0-3...great coach  ;)

179423[/snapback]

179399[/snapback]

As it has been said elsewhere in the thread. Wade was 29-12 with 2 playoff appearences. How does that constitue screwing the Bills? I was pissed at his playoff remark (it wasn't a speech) about the Colts game, but that still doesn't amount to much when you consider his whole tenure as a head coach.

as horrible as rob johnson was...................he had that game won!we lost on a trick play.i thought rob played a hellava game that day.the next season well that was a different story

179457[/snapback]

Exactly. That may have been the high point of the RJ era. He actually looked Kelly like in that game. As for Wade, he was a incompetent head coach pure and simple. As a DC he is fantastic.

How did Indy winning screw the Bills? I had it figured that them winning would help the Bills in the fact that at the time then it would have been OK for the Pats to lose to the Jets. That would have given the Colts incentive for next week because they could have reached the #2 seed.

So, how does it hurt us that Indy won? What did I miss?

179423[/snapback]

Constantly struggling to score 17 points each and every week is not something to gloat about. Besides, it was the D that carried us 1999. Let's not forget that. ;)

So, how does it hurt us that Indy won? What did I miss?

179576[/snapback]

c'mon man - we're ranting here - don't make us discuss facts and reality... ;)

(I thought I heard second hand that if SD won - Indy would be playing for a better seed position next week. Is that incorrect?)

I don't see how this is possible, SDS. The winner of SD-Indy would get the 3 seed, unless the Pats lost their last three games, right? So, the loser would be the 4 seed, no matter what. Division winners can be no less than the 4 seed.

Indy was playing for home field advantage in that 31-6 psting of the Colts.

179754[/snapback]

of the many things that piss me of about the Flutie era, it's the Fluite supporters who ALWAYS get the: we started 0-3 (not 1-3) and went to the playoffs, and that the Indy game was "meaningless" facts wrong.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.  The "speech" you refer to was an offhanded comment in an interview.  Not a good move, but it wasn't a speech.

Second, his record was 29-19.  2 playoff appearances.  Bad head coach?

Think again.

Gregg Williams was a bad head coach.  Wade puts him to shame.

179464[/snapback]

The major difference between Wade and GW was that Wade still had some horses to run with. GW had none. They both had basically crap for a staff (with notable exceptions, that being their Defensive coordinators). As for the "speech", maybe that was a bit strong, but it certainly got better mileage than most speeches do so maybe "speech" wasn't strong enough. Would I take Wade over GW as HC, yes, but not without thoroughly scouring the football playing world first.

P.S. Max Bowman was the schmuck Wade hired as assistant to the HC and TE coach, who's only claim to fame was that he was Wade's neighbor.

Wrong again.  Wade wanted to start Flutie... it was Ralph Wilson who demanded that Rob Johnson start the game after watching him play lights out against Indy in a meaningless game.  That is fact.  I have even spoken to Wade about this personally.

As for us starting 0-3 that year, think again.  That was the season prior to the Tennessee game.

179468[/snapback]

Whoops. But Flutie did take a 1-3 (yes i know RJ beat the Niners) team and turn them into a playoff team two years in a row. And I don't care what the hell Ralph told WP to do. He was the coach and should have put his foot down, gutless fat ass. RJ was not the leader of that team like Flutie was, and you cannot argue that Flutie is a winner and always has been (except for that stint with the Pats of yesteryear). Even if Indy wasn't a throw away game, RJ has had about 2 1/2 good games in his NFL life and is a rich man for it...I bashed the trade to get him then and I will still bash it now. He was unproven and had done nothing to warrant giving up a number 9 pick and $25 million. BTW its also amazing that so many people on this board have personal relationships with Bills players and staff, I'm not saying you don't I just think its pretty cool, but I don't think Wade would just say that about his former employer.

Exactly. That may have been the high point of the RJ era. He actually looked Kelly like in that game. As for Wade, he was a incompetent head coach pure and simple. As a DC he is fantastic.

179502[/snapback]

The guy took us to two playoff games in 3 years and you call him

incompetent....And in both the games, he almost won them....If Thomas

picksup the blitz then Flutie throws that TD to win against Miami.

Even in the final year he had the team up for the playoffs before

we lost 3 starters in the 1st quarter sickeningly to the Tampa Bay

Bucs and lost a close game.....Then Cowart was out with a high

ankle sprain for the next 6 weeks and we Rosened down in the

rest of the 5 games of the season. And the front office turmoil

that year was a distraction with Butler refusing Wilsons offers and

getting fired.

The guy took us to two playoff games in 3 years and you call him

incompetent....And in both the games, he almost won them....If Thomas

picksup the blitz then Flutie throws that TD to win against Miami.

Even in the final year he had the team up for the playoffs before

we lost 3 starters in the 1st quarter sickeningly to the Tampa Bay

Bucs and lost a close game.....Then Cowart was out with a high

ankle sprain for the next 6 weeks and we Rosened down in the

rest of the 5 games of the season.  And the front office turmoil

that year was a distraction with Butler refusing Wilsons offers and

getting fired.

180240[/snapback]

The guy fired Bruce DeHaven after the Tennessee game and replaced him with Ronnie Jones. That tells you all you need to know about him as a head coach.