Lee Evans taking the blame for the loss

Webster Guy

It definitely was strange that in such a clutch situation this play never got reviewed, but it looks like he was a few inches from getting that second foot down and winning the game for his team. I feel sorry for the guy, it would have been great to see him in a superbowl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-side-evans-0123-20120122,0,7431921.story

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely was strange that in such a clutch situation this play never got reviewed, but it looks like he was a few inches from getting that second foot down and winning the game for his team. I feel sorry for the guy, it would have been great to see him in a superbowl.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-side-evans-0123-20120122,0,7431921.story

Yeah...I felt kind of bad for Evans...I wore my Bills, Lee Evans jersey during the game...I really wanted to see him and Whitner in the Super Bowl...I also thought it was odd that there wasn't any real discussion as to whether it was a catch or not.

Anyways, two terrific football games. I have to say, I was really impressed with the 49ers and Giants defenses....it is great that defense is still a factor in some games...it has been a while.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

The blame is his take. Evans had an opportunity to END THAT GAME. Instead, he chose to behave as though he was enjoying a leisurely picnic in the park. Evans is a veteran that the Ravens took a chance on, and ended up paying dearly for it. -He should be cut first thing Monday morning.

I also thought it was odd that there wasn't any real discussion as to whether it was a catch or not.

GO GIANTS!!!!!

I thought it was close myself. Even on the replays no one is really saying the call should be questioned. At least not the one I saw.

Maybe a different camera angle was conclusive but it looked close.

It was a dream scenario . After the trade , hurting his ankle & being out a few games this year , having his lowest out put of his career it looked like he would have his name in the books for making the catch that won the game , but it wasn't meant to be !! While i was watching i think Simms said it looked like he relaxed as he turned .

I don't know if that is what happened but knowing Evans the way that we all do (as far as on the field) you know he usually makes one or two great catches a year & one part of me wanted him to catch it , if just to beat New England - but the other side of me wanted him to do what he did . Now that i thought of it that really had to suck for him & Cundiff ..

There was only one Bill that knows exactly what both of them felt after the game . But as only a true professional would due Evans stepped up to the plate & took it on his shoulders which i wouldn't expect any thing different from the guy .

But like Ray Lewis said "we win as a team & we lose as a team" he didn't blame either of the 2 because of what happened !!

Lee Evans was always a pro while he played here , always a veteran , & always a team guy . Character is all around him & always will be !! but sorry about your luck !!!

Looked to me like he caught the ball and had 2 steps down before that DB slapped the ball out. If that had happened in the middle of the field it would have been ruled a fumble. Looked like a TD to me. But then again, if he'd held on to the football it wouldn't have mattered.

Looked to me like he caught the ball and had 2 steps down before that DB slapped the ball out. If that had happened in the middle of the field it would have been ruled a fumble. Looked like a TD to me. But then again, if he'd held on to the football it wouldn't have mattered.

I slo mo'd their slo mo and I don't think he got the 2nd foot down. I still think it should have been looked at, though........My first take was that it was a TD - watching live.

It still wasn't a Ronnie Harmon/Stevie type drop. That guy hammered the ball in just the right spot. You really want him to hold onto that, but that can't be that easy.

The kicker should take credit too and the guy who knocked it out of Evans hands.

I don't know why people are blaming it on Evans. It looked like he had possession of the ball and the defender made a great play. If the defender hadn't punched it out, it would have been a catch....no fault of lee's if you ask me.

Sucks the Pats made it in....again....god I hate them

I thought it was pretty close, too, but I had no illusion that it was going to be looked at again against the Pats*. Having watched similar garbage involving them for over ten years now, I just never expect any late calls to go against them....

The ball was punched out just before his second foot came down.

Guess we'll never know. The NFL doesn't review plays that would be scoring plays if reversed. Complete nonsense.

Edited by JPS

I still blame their coaches for not running it on 2nd and short, 3rd and short to ensure if ya missed it you were in center of the field for the FG. Plus they had one TO left and didnt use it to me Ravens acted like they expected Pats to call last second time out and rushed the kick. I am still POd mainly because of my hate for Brady and Billy Boy

Looked at by who? It was not a score.

Inside of two minutes of either half, no challenges, only a replay officialcancall for a replay. count me as one who does not thinking was a catch, but is 100% certain if it was any other team but the Pats that sucker is getting reviewed..