The Official Mitt Romney thread

I read it. And some good points were made but to look at this data and conclude that The increasing disparity between the top and bottom/middle is primarily due to govt entitlements like ss, Medicare and ?Medicaid going to those who don't need it is lludicrous. I'm all for means testing but it will do little to change the worsening disparity between the classes and the virtual Loss of the middle class. . They mention corporate welfare as an asterisk..well hell yes! But where's the will to stop it? Ryan's as much a slave to his corporate sponsors as any of them.

And this invocation of envy as the reason for actual anger at the same things mentioned as problems in this paper is all too convenient. I see it in the context of diminishing returns. I like to dabble in av stuff. Anybody with any measure of honesty and objectivity knows that one needs to spend multitudes more for slight differences in quality in this area. The Macintosh amp that' mitt never gets a chance to listen to is marginally superior or to my onkyo. Do i envy his ability to obtain it without a thought? Sorry, no. I enjoy working to make what I've got as excellent as it was designed to be. When I make my yearly pilgrimage out west for the adrenaline rush of a few black diamond runs on my old rossis and my target fleeces and shell I'm in actual pity for the bozo in the dayglo descente snowsuit and latest fat skis snoplowing awkwardly down a green run. Got many more examples but you get the point...appearances are just that. Substance is frequently divorced from net But keep telling yourselves it's all about envy. It's much easier to rationalize your position that way.

Absolut?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read it. And some good points were made but to look at this data and conclude that The increasing disparity between the top and bottom/middle is primarily due to govt entitlements like ss, Medicare and ?Medicaid going to those who don't need it is lludicrous. I'm all for means testing but it will do little to change the worsening disparity between the classes and the virtual Loss of the middle class. . They mention corporate welfare as an asterisk..well hell yes! But where's the will to stop it? Ryan's as much a slave to his corporate sponsors as any of them.

And this invocation of envy as the reason for actual anger at the same things mentioned as problems in this paper is all too convenient. I see it in the context of diminishing returns. I like to dabble in av stuff. Anybody with any measure of honesty and objectivity knows that one needs to spend multitudes more for slight differences in quality in this area. The Macintosh amp that' mitt never gets a chance to listen to is marginally superior or to my onkyo. Do i envy his ability to obtain it without a thought? Sorry, no. I enjoy working to make what I've got as excellent as it was designed to be. When I make my yearly pilgrimage out west for the adrenaline rush of a few black diamond runs on my old rossis and my target fleeces and shell I'm in actual pity for the bozo in the dayglo descente snowsuit and latest fat skis snoplowing awkwardly down a green run. Got many more examples but you get the point...appearances are just that. Substance is frequently divorced from net But keep telling yourselves it's all about envy. It's much easier to rationalize your position that way.

Yeah, because rich people don't enjoy working or being able to spend their money as they see fit. That's only a benefit of being blue collar. <_<

You liberals are such !@#$ing hypocritical douche bags.

Two observations, one, The U.S is not your desired type of country, and two, you don't have the mental makeup to be a consistently happy and content person.

Two observations, one, The U.S is not your desired type of country, and two, you don't have the mental makeup to be a consistently happy and content person.

No stevestojan.

birdog, there are planes and boats that leave every day for many European countries, Columbia, and Cuba (this won't be a direct flight) if you have such a zeal for income redistribution at higher rates than the U.S. already does.

Edited by UConn James

Try reading Aesop.

No stevestojan.

birdog, there are planes and boats that leave every day for many European countries, Columbia, and Cuba (this won't be a direct flight) if you have such a zeal for income redistribution at higher rates than the U.S. already does.

Columbia, also known as Colombia?

Great place.Top rate 33%.

The US top rate is higher.

Pick another example.

Edited by sherpa

Yeah, because rich people don't enjoy working or being able to spend their money as they see fit. That's only a benefit of being blue collar. <_<

You liberals are such !@#$ing hypocritical douche bags.

The sound you just heard is the sound of BD's post going right over your head. Why didn't you just respond by saying the sky is blue. At least that would be a factual statement.

This is a load of horseshit. Perhaps the US is not your type of nation. If you would like to go to a place that has 0 regulation there is always the option of moving to Somalia. I hear it's nice this time of year.

I love how the right seem to think this is somehow their nation. It's mine too.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

This is a load of horseshit. Perhaps the US is not your type of nation. If you would like to go to a place that has 0 regulation there is always the option of moving to Somalia. I hear it's nice this time of year.

I love the right seem to think this is somehow their nation. It's mine too.

It is what it is you big fat commie :nana:

If you would like to go to a place that has 0 regulation there is always the option of moving to Somalia. I hear it's nice this time of year.

This is why fewer and fewer people give any credence to lefties any more. It's always all or nothing.

If someone says they want smaller government, lefties say something stupid like "Oh, so you want NO government, eh?" If someone wants reduced taxes, lefties say something stupid like "Oh, so you want NO taxes at all, eh?". And when someone suggests they want some regulations eased, lefties say something stupid stuff like "If you would like to go to a place that has 0 regulation there is always the option of moving to Somalia."

Fortunately, lefties are like Juror#8. The more they talk, the less they're taken seriously.

The sound you just heard is the sound of BD's post going right over your head. Why didn't you just respond by saying the sky is blue. At least that would be a factual statement.

I love how the right seem to think this is somehow their nation. It's mine too.

See how Pete Panfillipio has you liberal's number.

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/

This is why fewer and fewer people give any credence to lefties any more. It's always all or nothing.

If someone says they want smaller government, lefties say something stupid like "Oh, so you want NO government, eh?" If someone wants reduced taxes, lefties say something stupid like "Oh, so you want NO taxes at all, eh?". And when someone suggests they want some regulations eased, lefties say something stupid stuff like "If you would like to go to a place that has 0 regulation there is always the option of moving to Somalia."

Fortunately, lefties are like Juror#8. The more they talk, the less they're taken seriously.

The problem with this is that over the past 10 years we've had lower taxes, and less regulation. Yet for some reason we still can't produce any jobs. Then the answer from the right is we need even less taxes and regulation thinking that it somehow is going to fix the very mess it started.

See how Pete Panfillipio has you liberal's number.

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/

Is that your boyfriend?

If this is where you get your news it just answered a million questions about you.

The problem with this is that over the past 10 years we've had lower taxes, and less regulation. Yet for some reason we still can't produce any jobs. Then the answer from the right is we need even less taxes and regulation thinking that it somehow is going to fix the very mess it started.

So are you trying to make the case that low taxes and deregulation caused the financial crisis? If you only knew that of which you speak you would suffocate from the irony.

First off, the housing market wasn't under-regulated, it was misregulated. Housing is one of the most regulated sectors in the economy. The US housing market is more socialized than most European countries and Canada. As much as you find comfort in such institutions, without the Federal Reserve, FDIC, & FM & FM none of this would have been possible. Deal with it.

And blaming lower taxes for this makes about as much sense as blaming the rising cost of fairy dust.

So are you trying to make the case that low taxes and deregulation caused the financial crisis? If you only knew that of which you speak you would suffocate from the irony.

First off, the housing market wasn't under-regulated, it was misregulated. Housing is one of the most regulated sectors in the economy. The US housing market is more socialized than most European countries and Canada. As much as you find comfort in such institutions, without the Federal Reserve, FDIC, & FM & FM none of this would have been possible. Deal with it.

And blaming lower taxes for this makes about as much sense as blaming the rising cost of fairy dust.

I always wonder how they can say they aren't "tax and spend" liberals....but then turn around and talk about taxing and spending. :wacko:

5 things Nixon-to-Carter proved, and then Reagan confirmed, beyond all shadow of doubt and for all time:

1. Wage and Price controls, and government picking winners and losers via regulations and unfair laws, is idiot economics.

2. You can't spend your way into prosperity.

3. You can't tax your way into prosperity.

4. No Federal Department should be thought of or used as jobs program, and absolutely not the DoD. DO NOT hire soldiers without the weapons they need, or sailors without the ships and gas they need. F the air farce. They will never win a war on their own. It's a lie. No really, what that guy is telling you sounds good, and right, and wouldn't it be great if it were true...but it's a lie. Now deal with it.

5. You can't get bad actor countries to like you by being a candyass, saveass, or kissass. They will hate you regardless. The only thing being a candyass, saveass, or kissass does is cause them to lose respect for you.

I'll add a 6th thing we are about to learn:

If you are dumb enough to repeat 1-5, because you've learned nothing from history, then you are probably also dumb enough to believe that you won't get the electoral beating that historically comes with 1-5.

Why? Because the rest of us do know our history, and you are making us all re-live this for no reason other than: You're An IdiotTM*. And, as Rahm said: "That's F'ing retarded".

*You're An Idiot is a PPP registered trademark of DC_Tom.

Is that your boyfriend?

If this is where you get your news it just answered a million questions about you.

That's just plain non sensical. You are fast proving yourself to be the biggest ahole that came over from the other board.

That's right. The reason the economy crapped the bed was because we had lower taxes.

Jesus.

That's right. The reason the economy crapped the bed was because we had lower taxes.

Jesus.

Yes, if we can somehow just get them to 70 - 80% for everyone, the government would then have almost enough money to do its good deeds and manage all of our affairs to the fullest extent that is currently thought possible in the left think-tanks on the Potomac. Of course, I could be wrong. The rate might have to be tweaked upward 5 - 15% higher - but only for those who earn more than $ten thousand a year.

I always wonder how they can say they aren't "tax and spend" liberals....but then turn around and talk about taxing and spending. :wacko:

5 things Nixon-to-Carter proved, and then Reagan confirmed, beyond all shadow of doubt and for all time:

1. Wage and Price controls, and government picking winners and losers via regulations and unfair laws, is idiot economics.

2. You can't spend your way into prosperity.

3. You can't tax your way into prosperity.

4. No Federal Department should be thought of or used as jobs program, and absolutely not the DoD. DO NOT hire soldiers without the weapons they need, or sailors without the ships and gas they need. F the air farce. They will never win a war on their own. It's a lie. No really, what that guy is telling you sounds good, and right, and wouldn't it be great if it were true...but it's a lie. Now deal with it.

5. You can't get bad actor countries to like you by being a candyass, saveass, or kissass. They will hate you regardless. The only thing being a candyass, saveass, or kissass does is cause them to lose respect for you.

I'll add a 6th thing we are about to learn:

If you are dumb enough to repeat 1-5, because you've learned nothing from history, then you are probably also dumb enough to believe that you won't get the electoral beating that historically comes with 1-5.

Why? Because the rest of us do know our history, and you are making us all re-live this for no reason other than: You're An IdiotTM*. And, as Rahm said: "That's F'ing retarded".

*You're An Idiot is a PPP registered trademark of DC_Tom.

If really knew your history you would also know the current republican model for economy starts with the economy going into overdrive and ending with a giant crash.

Jesus.

What I'm saying is we have the lowest taxes now than we've had for a long time, and yet, there don't seem to be any jobs. And also, if the rich are the job creators and they're as rich now as they've ever been where are all the jobs?