The Official Mitt Romney thread

Yes when Alaskan's take advantage of the system it's because they're smart but if a mother on welfare in DC takes full advantage of the system it's a moral outrage. If the people of Alaska want to take more of the oil and gas profits for themselves it's ok, if anyone else who wants a larger cut of corporate profits earned in their state to cover externalities then it's an assault on capitalism.

I think even your liberal buddies would tell you to quit while you're ahead. You're making absolutely no sense at this point except to complain about something for the sake of complaining about something.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes when Alaskan's take advantage of the system it's because they're smart but if a mother on welfare in DC takes full advantage of the system it's a moral outrage. If the people of Alaska want to take more of the oil and gas profits for themselves it's ok, if anyone else who wants a larger cut of corporate profits earned in their state to cover externalities then it's an assault on capitalism.

Here Darin...let me. :lol:

So, explain again what you want the State of Alaska to do. Should they not charge the oil companies the going rate for the leases or the royalties and just let them have it for free? Should they charge the oil companies but keep the money for the government? If they did that, should they cut taxes? You obviously don't agree with giving money back to the residents, so I guess that is out. What should they do?

I think even your liberal buddies would tell you to quit while you're ahead. You're making absolutely no sense at this point except to complain about something for the sake of complaining about something.

Those same liberal buddies that support Occupy Wall Street?

:lol:

So, explain again what you want the State of Alaska to do. Should they not charge the oil companies the going rate for the leases or the royalties and just let them have it for free? Should they charge the oil companies but keep the money for the government? If they did that, should they cut taxes? You obviously don't agree with giving money back to the residents, so I guess that is out. What should they do?

I really do believe he wants the oil company's nationalized so ALL the profit can be distributed to the downtrodden masses. For example, government workers and unions.

Spend it on 10 free bagels per day for all state employees! They're public servants, you know. That makes them more important than a customer service person at Macy's or a sales guy at a health care equipment store.... who are, like, private servants.

Or bike paths! Bike paths are nice.

Sincerly,

...lybob

I really do believe he wants the oil company's nationalized so ALL the profit can be distributed to the downtrodden masses. For example, government workers and unions.

Yes, but if he were to answer what do you think he would say? He won't let himself be pinned down though.

OK, say he actually does want that (which I doubt). What are the chances he can make that happen? (Hint) I won't be losing sleep tonight

Yes when Alaskan's take advantage of the system it's because they're smart but if a mother on welfare in DC takes full advantage of the system it's a moral outrage.

What a surprise, another stupid strawman. The liberal system is !@#$ing broken, retard. It's an outrage either way. You don't get to complain about it because you're the reason it !@#$ing exists. That's why YOU are a hypocrite. The sad part of the equation is you're either too stupid or too morally bankrupt to point that wagging finger at the source of the problem, which is right between your ample man boobs.

If the people of Alaska want to take more of the oil and gas profits for themselves it's ok, if anyone else who wants a larger cut of corporate profits earned in their state to cover externalities then it's an assault on capitalism.

The difference is who owns the asset. The people of Alaska OWN their resource rights. The people of Seattle/Washington State don't own ANY part of Microsoft. I know it's a tough concept for you liberals but try to keep up. While you're whining about the government needing even more money, try to understand that for every additional dollar of "profit" they're trying to get their greedy paws on, there's another job heading for a third word country. That's called consequences. We've already hemorrhaged MILLIONS of jobs trying to create the liberal Utopia, how about we try something different?

The people of America are taxed MORE than enough. Until EVERY level of government proves it's willing to live within its means, it's an outrage to even suggest giving them access to a single additional dollar.

What a surprise, another stupid strawman. The liberal system is !@#$ing broken, retard. It's an outrage either way. You don't get to complain about it because you're the reason it !@#$ing exists. That's why YOU are a hypocrite. The sad part of the equation is you're either too stupid or too morally bankrupt to point that wagging finger at the source of the problem, which is right between your ample man boobs

The difference is who owns the asset. The people of Alaska OWN their resource rights. The people of Seattle/Washington State don't own ANY part of Microsoft. I know it's a tough concept for you liberals but try to keep up. While you're whining about the government needing even more money, try to understand that for every additional dollar of "profit" they're trying to get their greedy paws on, there's another job heading for a third word country. That's called consequences. We've already hemorrhaged MILLIONS of jobs trying to create the liberal Utopia, how about we try something different?

The people of America are taxed MORE than enough. Until EVERY level of government proves it's willing to live within its means, it's an outrage to even suggest giving them access to a single additional dollar.

Can you give me an example of a smart strawman?

I think this is where he comes back with something about how some people need to pay their "fair share" to ensure there is a fair and level playing field for all.

Oh no he would never say it in public-nationalization is the real "N" word to the far left-but you know him and his kind say it amongest themselves.

lyrbob won't give any answer. He's left himself no viable alternatives, so he'll just hide. Pathetic.

I think this is where he comes back with something about how some people need to pay their "fair share" to ensure there is a fair and level playing field for all.

People should pay their fair share. After all, it is fair, which is how it got its name. What was I talking about again?

What a surprise, another stupid strawman. The liberal system is !@#$ing broken, retard.An out of control financial system broke our system It's an outrage either way. You don't get to complain about it because you're the reason it !@#$ing exists. That's why YOU are a hypocrite. I'm a progressive who pays Federal tax, state tax, county tax, sales tax, property tax and fees and has got not one extra nickel from government just the schools, roads and other services my taxes pay for while you live on the Federal teet getting back 1.84 for every dollar of federal tax paid, paying no State tax and no Sales tax and getting a government stipend, all that and you moan and complain about anyone who thinks a society should lend a hand to it's less fortunate members and you have the audacity to call me a hypocrite it's !@#$ing unbelievable The sad part of the equation is you're either too stupid or too morally bankrupt to point that wagging finger at the source of the problem, which is right between your ample man boobs. Tremendous projection here

The difference is who owns the asset. The people of Alaska OWN their resource rights. The State of Alaska owns what the federal government was gracious enough to give them it was a gift or a handout The people of Seattle/Washington State don't own ANY part of Microsoft. I know it's a tough concept for you liberals but try to keep up sorry royalties are a tax pure and simple, now I'm not the one who thinks businesses are over taxed, you are! did you complain when Palin raised the royalty I doubt it, I believe in a states right to tax business and I believe in the federal governments right to tax business . While you're whining about the government needing even more money, try to understand that for every additional dollar of "profit" they're trying to get their greedy paws on, there's another job heading for a third word country.(neoliberalism and globalism is the reason jobs left, NAFTA ,CAFTA and other free trade agreements plus tax breaks that incentivized off-shoring of manufacturing That's called consequences. We've already hemorrhaged MILLIONS of jobs trying to create the liberal Utopia, how about we try something different? Nobody is trying to create a utopia just a decent society- "Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

The people of America are taxed MORE than enough. Until EVERY level of government proves it's willing to live within its means, it's an outrage to even suggest giving them access to a single additional dollar. Really, I understand nobody enjoys paying taxes, me neither, I think society has an obligation to those in need but if that is truly too expensive I can support a libertarian like Ron Paul, what I can't support is saying we can't help those in need yet provide all manner of corporate welfare (no big government for the rich and small government for the poor)

Edited by ....lybob

An out of control financial system broke our system

Here's a newsflash: History didn't start yesterday. The Federal Government you're so beholden to has set up a house of cards that is easily toppled by just about any malady that comes along. That's what happens when you ignore basic economics and have to borrow money to meet simple obligations, much less the onerous panaceas that are passed to make idiots feel better about themselves because they don't understand consequences.

I'm a progressive who pays Federal tax, state tax, county tax, sales tax, property tax and fees and has got not one extra nickel from government just the schools, roads and other services my taxes pay

Uh, I pay !@#$ing taxes too. Same laws apply to me that apply to you.

for while you live on the Federal teet getting back 1.84 for every dollar of federal tax paid, paying no State tax and no Sales tax and getting a government stipend, all that and you moan and complain about anyone who thinks a society should lend a hand to it's less fortunate members and you have the audacity to call me a hypocrite it's !@#$ing unbelievable

I'm not sure how those two things are related. I "have the audacity" to complain because things are really !@#$ed up and idiots like you want to continue to do the same things, only you actually expect different results. Where I choose to live has absolutely nothing to do with it and the fact that you retards pretend that I'm some kind of supreme ultimate ruler who has the ability to get Alaska a ton of money over what they send to Washington is positively ludicrous. Sell stupid somewhere else. We're all filled up here.

Tremendous projection here

:lol:

The State of Alaska owns what the federal government was gracious enough to give them it was a gift or a handout

Hi, my name is Bob. I know nothing about rules or history. Especially when it comes to how Alaska got its statehood.

Sorry royalties are a tax pure and simple

No argument there.

now I'm not the one who thinks businesses are over taxed, you are! did you complain when Palin raised the royalty I doubt it, I believe in a states right to tax business and I believe in the federal governments right to tax business

Actually, I did complain when Palin raised the royalty rate because it stifled development and cost Alaska jobs. The state government here doesn't act any different than the Federal government. They waste tons of money. One party rule all but assures that's going to continue.

.(neoliberalism and globalism is the reason jobs left, NAFTA ,CAFTA and other free trade agreements plus tax breaks that incentivized off-shoring of manufacturing

:lol: You're such a chimp.

Nobody is trying to create a utopia just a decent society- "Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members -- the last, the least, the littlest."

So America isn't already "decent"? The "weakest" don't have billions thrown in their direction? We aren't passing down the ability to live off the government tit from generation to generation? :lol:

Really, I understand nobody enjoys paying taxes, me neither, I think society has an obligation to those in need but if that is truly too expensive I can support a libertarian like Ron Paul, what I can't support is saying we can't help those in need yet provide all manner of corporate welfare (no big government for the rich and small government for the poor)

The only way you're going to get your dream is to shrink government, not to grow it. You've already lost the battle and you're apparently too !@#$ing stupid to realize it, much like you're too stupid to figure out how to multi-quote.