The Official Mitt Romney thread

His populist message.

And who's running against him? A gazillionairre. Do you think that won't work?

Here's a bullet point message campaign that will win the American people. With ease.

Economy

1. I got handed a piece of sh#t economy from Bush.

2. IT got a little worse at first, even worse than we'd hoped.

3. We are finally starting to turn this ship around...let me finish that.

4. Housing will pick up soon as we get rid of a backlog of supply...that's when the economy will really start kicking.

5. Mitt hates poor people.

6. Mitt is rich.

Wars

1. We got handed two stupid and useless wars that were costing us billions and also lost lives.

2. We are mostly out of one and getting out of the other.

3. You're welcome.

Healthcare

1. You want to beat me up on healthcare? Good luck with that Mitt Mass. Healthcare Romney.

Debt

1. I asked a comission to come up with a plan.

2. They put forth a plan.

3. There were other plans too.

4. The Republicans shot them down.

5. No one seems to care about the debt right now.

Social Issues

1. We're not much different except on abortion and that's not the hot button it once was.

(unspoken but will hurt) 2. Mitt wears magic underwear and believes a guy talked to god in a magic hat, as opposed to my zombie worship.

A even simpler bullet point that kills all of those:

Obama isn't competent, and the truth is we all know it.

Nothing you've written stands up to the above. Nothing you've written can be put into a 10-30 second spot and hit any harder. Who cares about "I asked a commission to come up with a plan" and the rest of the machinations, when we have "Obama doesn't know the job, and neither do his people: remember the stimulus?"

You have presumed that Romney the Rich Guy is anywhere near as important to people as Obama the Failure. Nope. The first is an attack on Romney the person. The second is an attack on Obama's actions, and therefore, much more powerful. Remember Reagan. Good old Jimmy was "winning in all the polls" :rolleyes: back then at this point in the race too. Everyone was so "surprised" :rolleyes: when Reagan won. What we have here is the effects of denial, just like with Carter, both in the media and in the minds of the people that voted for Obama. The media will persist in it's denial until election day. However, I sincerely doubt all the people who voted for Obama will.

It's comforting, and therefore, easy to attach oneself to anything that supports this delusion/denial, which is why the Republicans beating each other up is so popular among Democratic voices and constituencies. However, it's only a small respite in the storm that is Obama's failure. As soon as it is over, we go right back to "ObamaFAIL" every day, all the time, like we were last spring.

The fact that you want us to take polls taken in the middle of a pissing contest between Republicans as some sort of serious indicator of where this election is going is.....well, it's not the first time you've been silly on this board, is it John Adams?

Bush also had name recognition - people had a very easy time imagining "President Bush", because of daddy. Not so much for Gore.

Bottom line, though: platitudes play. Better than facts, to most people. Romney can run on his financial background and experience with Bain and time as Governor of MA and how it makes him a great candidate to get spending under control...the American Idol crowd will tune that out with one well-crafted "He represents the 1%" line from Obama.

That plays with the 20% of America that was going to vote for him no matter what.

It doesn't however play with independents, who see smelly people every time that line is invoked.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dolt. He was incompetent in 2008 and won.

Yes, but next to McCain he looked damn-near genius. As I said in 2008, it was impossible to imagine a world where Barack Obama would lose to a guy who walked and talked like half the Tim Conway characters on The Carol Burnett Show.

Mitt Romney is a lot of things, but he's not

so from the conservative side of things, that's a decent start.

Yes, but next to McCain he looked damn-near genius. As I said in 2008, it was impossible to imagine a world where Barack Obama would lose to a guy who walked and talked like half the Tim Conway characters on The Carol Burnett Show.

Mitt Romney is a lot of things, but he's not this guy, so from the conservative side of things, that's a decent start.

If memory serves me straight, McCain was leading in the swing states until he pulled a Stockdale when the financial crisis hit and his chances evaporated less than a month before the elections. If Romney connects with the independents in the swing states, he has more than a fair shot.

Dolt. He was incompetent in 2008 and won.

I put my prediction out there. Make yours.

Bigger Dolt. Nobody knew the guy in 2008. Incompetent, or otherwise, partisan, or otherwise, pragmatic, or otherwise.

Instead, due to the media blatantly failing, he wasn't vetted and the pretense was that doing so = racism. Or did you forget about that?

In the absence of knowledge about the man, all sorts of attributions were made to him based on nothing more than what people wished he was. Or did you forget about him winning the Nobel Peace Prize?

Now, we, and especially the independents, know what he is = FAIL.

You based your prediction on the fallout from a particularly nasty, ongoing, primary "debate". This is silly. Just as silly as me making a prediction before the conventions and the beatings Obama gets this summer. We simply won't know how effective they are until then. Instead, you are pointing to dislike of Romney/Gingrich at a time when they are being attacked in the media on a daily basis. This is silly.

The straw-grasping is at an all time high, and you are buying into it. Silly. The best thing to happen to Obama since May is the Republican Primary process, since it has put the focus on campaigning and taken it off of governing. However, when it concludes, it's right back to Obama governing FAIL, all day, all the time.

See? You are being silly. I am merely giving you the opportunity to see this for what it is, and make the necessary corrections.

If memory serves me straight, McCain was leading in the swing states until he pulled a Stockdale when the financial crisis hit and his chances evaporated less than a month before the elections. If Romney connects with the independents in the swing states, he has more than a fair shot.

There was a lot of heat in 2008 with the economy so you had a jittery electorate looking for change. If there is no rock-n-roll market and unemployment keeps dropping, you won't get that momentum looking to change. It just won't happen.

McCain also made a disastrous pick for VP. Romney is not going to go maverick with that selection like McCain did. He's going to try to get Rubio to help with Florida.

[kitty dodging the challenge]

I forgot your narcissism for a minute. Thanks for the reminder.

I made the prediction. You want to throw stones at it but won't make your own. I lead: You follow.

No treat for you today but maybe tomorrow if you stop stepping on the leash.

Edited by John Adams

There was a lot of heat in 2008 with the economy so you had a jittery electorate looking for change. If there is no rock-n-roll market and unemployment keeps dropping, you won't get that momentum looking to change. It just won't happen.

McCain also made a disastrous pick for VP. Romney is not going to go maverick with that selection like McCain did. He's going to try to get Rubio to help with Florida.

I forgot your narcissism for a minute. Thanks for the reminder.

I made the prediction. You want to throw stones at it but won't make your own. I lead: You follow.

No treat for you today but maybe tomorrow if you stop stepping on the leash.

As I said, you're being silly. This post merely confirms it.

The act of making a prediction now....is silly. IF I am a narcissist, why would I want to put myself in the silly position you have chosen?

How about reality? I'm merely a pragmatist, with a penchant for telling the truth, especially to people that don't like it, because I couldn't care less about their reliance on emotional arguments?

Edit: Who's the narcissist again? As if a "challenge" :lol: from you is something nobody is allowed to ignore...as silly.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I'm just referring to the timeline of the financial collapse. Lehman imploded at the end of Sept and both suspended their campaigns. McCain came out looking like a dufus in the following week and lost any momentum heading into October. And yeah, Sarah didn't quite help his cause with the independents.

A guy whose name you google and come up with hits for ass jizz is still competing with Romney.

Romeny will still win the nomination running away but no one wants him.

And before people start saying Republicans are voting for Santorum based on conservative principles, Santorum lost his senate seat by 18% and is reknowned for his pork and earmarks.

Not to mention, isn't it about time to lose the sweater vest Mr. Rogers?

Edited by John Adams

A guy whose name you google and come up with hits for ass jizz is still competing with Romney.

And before people start saying Republicans are voting for Santorum based on conservative principles, Santorum lost his senate seat by 18% and is reknowned for his pork and earmarks.

Dave in Norfolk, why are you posting as John Adams?

Y'know, I've been reading a bit from you in this thread about your repeated prediction of an Obama landslide, and how Mitt Romney will lose badly, and now you're Googling ass jizz and suggesting that Santorum would be a worse candidate than even Romney. So no one wants Romney, and apparently no one wants Santorum since "Romney will still win the nomination running away" and you've boldly and repeatedly predicted an Obama landslide to the extent that if someone didn't know better, you'd come across as a DIN-type Obama supporter.

But those of us who DO know better know you're not an Obama guy. So since you see everything so clearly, and the rest of us are just dumbasses who could never be as wise and all-knowing as you, let me ask...who is your candidate? Who WOULD beat Obama, and why? And please be specific. If possible, try to look beyond sweaters and ass jizz.

Wow, I didn't realize we had any Santorum supporters here. Good luck with him.

I am a Romney guy thus far but this primary is a disaster.

What makes you think I'm a Santorum supporter? Your post actually sounded like an ignorant Dave in Norfolk post.

Whatever Dude, Rick Santorum looks like a bad mother !@#$er in that sweater vest.

What makes you think I'm a Santorum supporter? Your post actually sounded like an ignorant Dave in Norfolk post.

Sorry that you can't differentiate an attack on someone for pork spending, losing by 18%, wardrobe choice, and a name that googles as ass jizz from a DiN post.

Whatever Dude, Rick Santorum looks like a bad mother !@#$er in that sweater vest.

A sweater vest means:

(1) bad mothereffer* or

(2) I need more rooster in my ass.

There's no middle ground.

*Alex P. Keaton could kick Chuck Lidell's ass.