The Official Mitt Romney thread

agreed

Fundamentalist Christians make up about 15% of the American population and about 35% of the GOP and about 40% of them consider JCLS a heretical cult and will not vote for a Mormon.

I think it shows a lot of progress that 60% of evangelicals will vote for a Mormon. Let's face it, there has been a lot of radical Mormon/Muslim terrorism around the world and people tend to wrongly equate that with all Mormons/Muslims being terrorists. The fact that even 60% of evangelicals are now willing to put this behind them is telling. That 60% would likely grow to about 85% by election day.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney wins by a nose. His big bucks will drown Santorium out in many of the next primaries.

1) In spite of that I don't think people like this guy

2) Even if he wins the nomination I'm not sure a lot of Republicans will support him

3) Third party run by Paul?

The interesting thing will be if Perry and/or Bachmann drop out where will those votes go- I'd guess Santorum, on the other hand I'd guess the majority of Newt votes go the Romney.

The other interesting thing will be the scrutiny Santorum will now get- Oh and Newt using his remaining money to savage Romney for revenge, hold onto your hats this will be fun.

Edited by ....lybob

The problem with the GOP right now is they're not able to put forth an electable candidate. Romney would be but for the fact that he is JCLS. I think a lot of the GOP base of fundamentalist Christians would rather just not go to the polls than hold their nose and vote for him.

Yes, yes, the GOP would much rather have Barack Obama for four more years than elect a Mormon as president! You keep telling yourself that, Skippy. :lol:

Edited by LABillzFan

Well, now Santorum has to face a debate while he's only the latest Not-Romney that people have latched onto without knowing much about them and he has to try to build a national campaign pretty much from scratch.

He made hay in a sanctuary for his Anti-Abortion Presidency bid and holding the hands of Iowans for the last 6 months. But now the campaign starts to shift gears.

What other views does this man have besides abortion that he is both learned and vocal about? Does he have any idea what to do about the economy? How can anyone be confident that he can step in and be effective at administering the federal gov't with his ZERO executive experience?

Santorum, too, would be lost when he actually has to provide leadership and direction for this country and respond to the everyday things that happen with more than just prayer and Senate-style bluster. Obama has proved that you can't govern on soundbytes. Santorum also would have a much tougher row to hoe in the general when he'd have to court Independents who are not mad-rabidly anti-abortion (which Americans support the legality of by 70-30, last I saw. Like myself, not that they personally approve of abortion, only that it is and should be legal). If this election becomes about anything but the economy, Obama's chances increase by enough to eke a win.

As far as this following the narrative of the Carter-Reagan election with Obama out-Jimmy-Cartering Jimmy Carter and Romney with the Reagan Hair, it's still just about spot-on.

The problem with the GOP right now is they're not able to put forth an electable candidate. Romney would be but for the fact that he is JCLS. I think a lot of the GOP base of fundamentalist Christians would rather just not go to the polls than hold their nose and vote for him.

This simply is not the case............................I know that the dems are desperately trying to push that narrative, but that "don't make it true"

I have talked with hundreds of conservatives (and Christians) who don't want to vote for Romney, and its always because of his "flip-flops" and past policies..............his being a Mormon is mostly important (it seems) to those on the Left who only want to try and justify their own pig-headed misconceptions about Christians in America

Edited by B-Man

Yes, yes, the GOP would much rather have Barack Obama for four more years than elect a Mormon as president! You keep telling yourself that, Skippy. :lol:

Rainbow farting unicorns vs. magic underwear.

Oh...goody. Can't wait. <_<

With the entitlement/union mentality that many have today, I'm not surprised about this. It is disappointing to see so called conservatives hate on business man for making sound decisions in a capitalist country. This will be team Obama's primary tactic when they go all out, using class warfare and telling us how much BHO cares about the "middle class."

Of course it was a gaffe on his part, simply because the optics of that comment fit right in with the caricature they will try to portray him as, which is the evil wall streeter who got rich off of the miseries of others. Having said that, the statement was taken totally out of context.

It was an infelicitous turn of phrase from Mitt Romney at a Chamber of Commerce breakfast this morning in Nashua, where he explained: "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me."

He was referring, POLITICO's Reid Epstein says, to being able to hold service providers accountable as an employer.

The full quote, on health insurance: "I want individuals to have their own insurance. That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy. It also means that if you dont like what they do, you could fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone isnt giving the good service, I want to say, Im going to go get someone else to provide this service to."

The full context is obviously more benign, but it's hardly careful language from a candidate under fire for participating in large-scale layoffs.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/01/mitt-drops-the-fbomb-110153.html

Edited by Magox

With the entitlement/union mentality that many have today, I'm not surprised about this. It is disappointing to see so called conservatives hate on business man for making sound decisions in a capitalist country. This will be team Obama's primary tactic when they go all out, using class warfare and telling us how much BHO cares about the "middle class."

First off, Dave misunderstood the context of the statement. Second, yes firing people is a great way to help the economy. Third, class warfare is a load of ****.

Oh ha!

Yes, totally unfair, but this is Republicans we are talking about so they will slay "poor" Mitt with this. Perry's ringtone is pretty funny.

Do you feel some overiding compunction to continuously show how much of an idiot you are?

First off, Dave misunderstood the context of the statement. Second, yes firing people is a great way to help the economy. Third, class warfare is a load of ****.

If Romney becomes President I would love to see him fire the department of education, and the EPA. Getting rid of the second would definitely be good for the economy.

If Romney becomes President I would love to see him fire the department of education, and the EPA. Getting rid of the second would definitely be good for the economy.

I kind of like the idea that my children get to go to school and be educated so they can succeed in life. I also like clean air to breathe and clean water to drink. If you want to move the economy forward without getting rid of the EPA lets start to move to green energy.