Oregon Duck QB Darron Thomas to enter NFL Draft

Commander

I live in Portland. He is a horrible NFL QB prospect. His mechanics are awful. Dennis Dixon was a much better passer than Thomas. Everyone in Oregon is shocked he is leaving for the NFL. He played very well in the Rose Bowl and if he led the Ducks to another Rose Bowl win or another BCS championship game he could live off endorsement money in Oregon for the rest of his life. Now he will be lucky to be drafted. I would love to know who is advising him to leave for the NFL.

I live in Portland. He is a horrible NFL QB prospect. His mechanics are awful. Dennis Dixon was a much better passer than Thomas. Everyone in Oregon is shocked he is leaving for the NFL. He played very well in the Rose Bowl and if he led the Ducks to another Rose Bowl win or another BCS championship game he could live off endorsement money in Oregon for the rest of his life. Now he will be lucky to be drafted. I would love to know who is advising him to leave for the NFL.

easy answer.... look who his agent is.... drew rosenhaus.... he loves to take guys on with some sort of pedigree and make a show out of it like he did with Pryor.. hes the ultimate salesman.. he pitched this kid and said ur stock wont ever be higher, which it probably wont after that rose bowl win.. dont forget the kid probably comes from no money and even a 6th NFL prospect cuz good money in reality to rest of world.. we dont know his family situation... but i can promise u, if u look it up, they have peanuts and 300-400 k a yr will change their life..

easy answer.... look who his agent is.... drew rosenhaus.... he loves to take guys on with some sort of pedigree and make a show out of it like he did with Pryor.. hes the ultimate salesman.. he pitched this kid and said ur stock wont ever be higher, which it probably wont after that rose bowl win.. dont forget the kid probably comes from no money and even a 6th NFL prospect cuz good money in reality to rest of world.. we dont know his family situation... but i can promise u, if u look it up, they have peanuts and 300-400 k a yr will change their life..

I looked it up. He comes from a family of elephants. The have peanuts and they are fine.

Rosenhaus probably does play a factor. In theory he should have made a decision to leave before talking to an agent but i'm sure that is not how it actually happens. Regardless if he flames out after a year or two that money won't last. Long term he would be better off with a degree(not that he can't finish the degree later) and being an icon from a small college town.

Dennis Dixon happens to be a FA with something to prove. I agree I'd rather have Dixon. Plus, being in the NFL a few years makes for a better backup. He should also come cheap.

I'm pretty close to Portland as well. I don't think he'll be drafted. Maybe the 6th or 7th round if anything.

My theory is that Thomas has been told that if he stays he will have to compete against Brian Bennett, who probably has more up-side, for the starting job next year.

I believe top programs routinely push draft-eligible players out the door to open up room for younger recruits at positions where they are loaded. I would not be surprised if that happened with LaMichael James, as well, although James is obviously a better pro prospect than Derron Thomas.

I liked Thomas OK at Oregon, but not as QB for the Bills - just don't think he adds much to the Bills QB equation right now.

Barring a substantial trade or FA signing, Fitz is the starter. Then we got Thigpen (who could be gone, despite 2 years left on his contract, because he sucks), Brad Smith - who may or may not suck but has 3 years left on the 4-year $15M deal he signed last summer, and interesting wildcat prospect and former Georgia Tech QB (and Chan Gailey recruit there) Joshua Nesbitt.

If the Bills take a developmental QB at all, I'd prefer it to be someone more experienced than Thomas and with with prototypical NFL QB size - maybe like the highly accurate and productive 6'5" 240 lb. Nick Foles out of Arizona (4,334 yards and 28 touchdowns in his senior season), who may be there for us in round 4.

JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!! B-)