Lee "the magician" Evans....hes dissapeared

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say what you will about Evans.

But I believe he is still playing in January, is he not?

While the Bills are watching on TV.

Also, Baltimore's ball boys are also still working in January and the Bills ball boys aren't.

Therefore their ball boys are better than our ball boys.

(translation: Lee Evans didn't contribute one iota to Baltimore's success this year so the fact that the Ravens are still alive is totally irrelevant)

The great thing about a forum is that you can choose to participate intelligently or you can choose to participate stupidly.

And you get to choose every time you make a post.

Say what you will about Evans. But I believe he is still playing in January, is he not?

While the Bills are watching on TV.

Tell me you're making a joke, because you can't be seriously suggesting Lee Evans is why the Ravens are playing in the AFCC!! :lol: Was this post worth your credibility?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

that 30 yard catch was outstanding. And I think we could of used Lee this year. Trading another first round pick for a 4th rounder. No wonder we suck. We must draft better, and we must hold on to our talent! Sign SJ, extend Levitre and Byrd and quit nickle and diming players already

People always leave out the part in this arguement where the Bills got 7 years use out of that first rounder before trading him for a 4th. Everyone makes it sound like they just drafted him in teh first then traded him away for a 4th. Its like complaining that you bought a $50,000 sports car then 7 years later sold it for $10,000. You got 7 years of use/mileage out of it, its not the same value as when it was shiney and new

They picked up some value for something that could see the scrap heep in a couple of years...........

Edited by apuszczalowski

Lee made 20k+ for that one playoff game, he will make at least that much again next week when he plays in the AFC Championship game even if the Ravens lose.

If the Ravens win next week he will get an honest shot to help win a super bowl ring along with making an extra 50k to 75k.

I hope he makes it there and does well with his new team :D

That 4th rounder probably has just as much of a chance of being a stud next season, as Lee Evans does of being one.

Lee Evans has a better chance of seeing the playoffs next year than whomever that 4th rounder ends up being...

Tell me you're making a joke, because you can't be seriously suggesting Lee Evans is why the Ravens are playing in the AFCC!! :lol: Was this post worth your credibility?

PTR

He isn't saying that Evans is the reason they are in the playoffs. What he is saying is this perrenial loser of a franchise we all worship can do nothing right. Evans must be ecstatic that he has moved on from here, just like all the other Bills players and coaches in the playoffs. The last time we traded a decent player to the Ravens, Marv Levy wasted the extra pick to move up in the draft and take Poz. This franchise has little hope of being in the playoffs next year even though there are numerous last to first place examples in the recent NFL history.

People always leave out the part in this arguement where the Bills got 7 years use out of that first rounder before trading him for a 4th. Everyone makes it sound like they just drafted him in teh first then traded him away for a 4th. Its like complaining that you bought a $50,000 sports car then 7 years later sold it for $10,000. You got 7 years of use/mileage out of it, its not the same value as when it was shiney and new

They picked up some value for something that could see the scrap heep in a couple of years...........

Some people need to keep reminding us of how inept the Bills are...even when they do something right. Those same people crying over trading Lee Evans would be complaining that Nix didn't "at least get a 4th rounder for Evans" if we kept him.

PTR

He isn't saying that Evans is the reason they are in the playoffs. What he is saying is this perrenial loser of a franchise we all worship can do nothing right.

Except they did do something right for a change, and people still can't admit it. We got a 4th rounder for a guy who will probably be cut after this season. At this point a 7th round pick for Evans would be considered a steal.

Edit: Oh, and Evans disappeared back in 2008, he's just such a great magician that nobody even noticed.

Edited by QCity

PTR

He isn't saying that Evans is the reason they are in the playoffs. What he is saying is this perrenial loser of a franchise we all worship can do nothing right. Evans must be ecstatic that he has moved on from here, just like all the other Bills players and coaches in the playoffs. The last time we traded a decent player to the Ravens, Marv Levy wasted the extra pick to move up in the draft and take Poz. This franchise has little hope of being in the playoffs next year even though there are numerous last to first place examples in the recent NFL history.

This ... but mainly I was just in a bad mood. I made the mistake of watching the Giants/Pack game and I always get depressed about the Bills when I watch two good teams play.

Edited by CodeMonkey

This ... but mainly I was just in a bad mood. I made the mistake of watching the Giants/Pack game and I always get depressed about the Bills when I watch two good teams play.

Darn it, Code, I am right there with you.

Although the game was great I reminisced ( or commiserated) with my father-in-law about how much this time of year was in the early 90s.

I'm kind of surprised that Lee Evans merits almost as much disdain as Whitner. I am not saying the guy has still got it, but there is such an attitude of "good riddance" accompanying the departure of a good, nice career Bill who had to suffer through some of the worst offensive ineptitude this league has ever seen over a career stretch.

I may be turning in my opinion that Evans has enough left in the tank to merit something more than a late 4th (it's looking like a better idea all the time even if the ends don't justify the means), but I wasn't ecstatic to see him go as some are, especially given what we had left on the shelf for receivers.

The Evans trade was a bit of a panic move by an organization (Baltimore) that is desperately trying to win, year in and year out. They decided they needed to make sure that they had a capable #2 to compliment Boldin, and they pulled the trigger. While it turned out that they didn't need to make the move (because Torrey Smith was more NFL-ready than anyone thought), I have no doubt that moves like that energize their players and fanbase. Similar to bringing in McKinnie - the Ravens have demonstrated to everyone time and again that they'll do what it takes to win.

Now contrast that with the baffled reaction that many Bills players and knowledgable Bills fans had in response to the trade. Because in direct contrast to the Ravens, the Bills have shown time and again that they will do anything they can to save a few dollars.

But go ahead and laugh about how we "fleeced" them for a 4th round pick.

There is indeed a "fleecing" going on by the Bills, but it ain't the other teams who are the victims... it's those of you who applaud these kinds of talent-draining, profit-enlarging maneuvers and rush to the ticket gates year after year.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Except they did do something right for a change, and people still can't admit it. We got a 4th rounder for a guy who will probably be cut after this season. At this point a 7th round pick for Evans would be considered a steal.

Edit: Oh, and Evans disappeared back in 2008, he's just such a great magician that nobody even noticed.

Despite having a great qb!