Lee "the magician" Evans....hes dissapeared

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1327287341[/url]' post='2368766']

All I meant was he wasn't a douche when he played in Buffalo.

PTR

A lot of people on this board like to say what a great guy he was. How does anyone know that? On what is that based? Do any of you have inside information on this? My impression is different, but I admittedly do not have inside information on this either.

I could be wrong, but I think that the Bills fans who watched this game will remember the drop in the end zone more than the kick to send the game into overtime.

I agree because Lee Evans single handidly changed the dynamics of the Ravens going to the superbowl. :thumbsup:

If he completes that catch the Ravens are going to the superbowl unless some miracle would occur.

The field goal only ties the game.

Exactly - you might as well replace "Bills fans" with "everybody" and it makes sense.

I'm not sure why there's 3 pages of arguing about the rules and erroneous comparisons to the Megatron play in Chicago last year. In my 25 years of watching football you've always needed to have 2 feet down in the endzone. Johnson did that which made that call bizarre, Evans did not.

I wonder exactly how many ways people can misquote that and blatantly twist the entire content of that thread.

Probably about the same number of licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Congrats on being licker #647......

That thread crediting the beat down of the Steelers to Evans Is a classic now.

How weird is it that Lee Evans dropped a TD that would have won the Ravens the game and a guy named Kyle Williams is responsible for San Fran's loss?

That confused the HELL out of me. I didn't watch the game, knew nothing about it, get home and ck the internet for the score and the first thing I see is Kyle Williams turn overs costs SF trip to SB. ??????????? Did I miss a trade?

Exactly - you might as well replace "Bills fans" with "everybody" and it makes sense.

I'm not sure why there's 3 pages of arguing about the rules and erroneous comparisons to the Megatron play in Chicago last year. In my 25 years of watching football you've always needed to have 2 feet down in the endzone. Johnson did that which made that call bizarre, Evans did not.

I am pretty sure he had both feet down before the ball was knocked out. It was very close though.

Regardless, it was a great play by the defender to hit the ball so immediately - I'm not calling it a "drop", although clearly you'd like a WR to have stronger command of the ball when it gets to both hands.

The FG was brutal. You can't miss a 32-yarder in the NFL.

A lot of people on this board like to say what a great guy he was. How does anyone know that? On what is that based? Do any of you have inside information on this? My impression is different, but I admittedly do not have inside information on this either.

I suspect it's mostly that he had multiple times during his tenure with the Bills where he could have whined/complained about the quality of help he had on offense, but little to no word of that ever came out.

Yes except there is no WR currenlty signed for next year that can even get open in the endzone to make a catch...so I wouldn't give Nix too many props just yet

And Evans was barely open either - which is why the defender was right there to knock the ball out of his mitts.

Evans is washed up. The Bills knew this and got a free 4th round pick for him. His only game was speed, and now his speed is just mediocre.

don't be surprised if Lee is a Patriot next year.....Ochostinko will be gone and lee is the type of player they look for. older veteran willing to play for cheap searching for a ring.

I'm more worried Stevie Johnson winds up a Pat more than Lee Evans. Lee wil not be in the league.

PTR

don't be surprised if Lee is a Patriot next year.....Ochostinko will be gone and lee is the type of player they look for. older veteran willing to play for cheap searching for a ring.

I can't imagine the PAts being too impressed with Evans. He always disappeared when we played them.