Lee "the magician" Evans....hes dissapeared

We always hoot and holler about the Bills and all the horrible decisions our front office makes. Let's finally make a toast to them!

Buddy Nix might not be so horrible at evaluating talent as some think around here.

Yes except there is no WR currenlty signed for next year that can even get open in the endzone to make a catch...so I wouldn't give Nix too many props just yet

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats even worse is that if i do (what i mentioned above) on the 30 yard line, it is considered a catch and i'm ruled down by contact because the ground can't cause a fumble. Only the NFL would have different rules as to what constitutes a catch for the field of play and in the endzone.

Actually, it's not.... There's no different rules in the endzone than in the field of play. You catch the ball, fall to the ground and it pops out, it's incomplete.

I don't hate Lee Evans. I'm just tired of some people arguing the Bills made an error trading him. All I ever read here is how players make plays. Lee Evans had a chance to wipe away a mediocre season and make that play. He didn't.

That doesn't make him a 1st round bust. He was still a great Bill. But the Bills traded him at the right time. Case closed.

PTR

I don't hate Lee Evans. I'm just tired of some people arguing the Bills made an error trading him. All I ever read here is how players make plays. Lee Evans had a chance to wipe away a mediocre season and make that play. He didn't.

That doesn't make him a 1st round bust. He was still a great Bill. But the Bills traded him at the right time. Case closed.

PTR

He was a great Bill??? I don't consider a guy that had 2 good seasons a "great" player. He was invisible most of the time here. Like someone said a few posts above this - He is a great guy but plays way too soft.

He was a great Bill??? I don't consider a guy that had 2 good seasons a "great" player. He was invisible most of the time here. Like someone said a few posts above this - He is a great guy but plays way too soft.

"Great" as he played hard for the Bills and was a pro while he was here.

PTR

It was NOT a catch. Period.

Now, given how hard I've pounded the drum in favor of the trade, getting to say "I told ya so" brings me no pleasure, whatsoever. Why? Because I like Lee, he had a rough go of it here in Bufffalo with the OC, HC, QB carousel.

And nothing...NOTHING would have made me happier in todays game than seeing Lee triumphant in the end zone en route to the Super Bowl and his first career win over the stinking Pats*.

And that's the God's honest truth.

PTR

I agree with your post PTR but it goes down hill when you say Lee Evans was " a great Bill". He was NOT a great Bill. What people don't get is that Lee Evans was part of the losing culture of the Buffalo Bills this past decade.

It was NOT a catch. Period.

Now, given how hard I've pounded the drum in favor of the trade, getting to say "I told ya so" brings me no pleasure, whatsoever. Why? Because I like Lee, he had a rough go of it here in Bufffalo with the OC, HC, QB carousel.

And nothing...NOTHING would have made me happier in todays game than seeing Lee triumphant in the end zone en route to the Super Bowl and his first career win over the stinking Pats*.

And that's the God's honest truth.

The Bills' training staff predicted that drop back in August.

I agree with your post PTR but it goes down hill when you say Lee Evans was " a great Bill". He was NOT a great Bill. What people don't get is that Lee Evans was part of the losing culture of the Buffalo Bills this past decade.

All I meant was he wasn't a douche when he played in Buffalo.

PTR

+1

Evans had 2 1000+ yard seasons. For a #1 WR and a #1 draft pick, I don't consider Evans to be "great" either.