Lee "the magician" Evans....hes dissapeared

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1327277605[/url]' post='2368628']

If you haven't had broken a hand or bruised a footbone by now, I'm having a hard time thinking of a scenario that would hurt you.

I'm older now so bones are a little more brittle

1327277605[/url]' post='2368628']

And look on the bright side, at least you didn't have to endure a game played under the new OT rule you hate. Imagine how pissed you be if NE completed 3 virtually mandatory 4th down conversion attempts during the second possession of overtime on the way to a "come from behind" OT win? :lol:

True, that would have been worse. Oh well, at least now I'll have a reason to care about the Super Bowl. An all Harbaugh game would have been tough to get excited about.

Edited by KD in CT

The announcers on the CBS post game show said that Evans let up on the play once the ball was in his hands. That's a mistake a WR does early on in his career, not at the stage Evans is in. For those saying it should have been a catch/TD, it's the same rule that applies when a receiver catches the ball, gets his feet in-bounds then goes out of bounds, the receiver has to maintain possession all the way through.

Evans & Cundiff blew it for the Ravens! Both should be cut ASAP. The Pats got lucky today and I hope they get destroyed in the Superbowl.

Not sure what the ruling was, but are not all scoring plays reviewed?

Had it been ruled a scoring play, it would have been reviewed. Since it was not a scoring play, it was not reviewed. Not sure about the <2min rule, or where that played in.

Evans needed to hang on to the ball, but to call it a drop shows you have nothing more than an agenda to push and an axe to grind.

Slow down there, friend-o. The quoted post was about looking for a clip. I just told him what I googled to find it.

Had it been ruled a scoring play, it would have been reviewed. Since it was not a scoring play, it was not reviewed. Not sure about the <2min rule, or where that played in.

Slow down there, friend-o. The quoted post was about looking for a clip. I just told him what I googled to find it.

Thanks

Googled: Lee Evans Drop :thumbsup:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qxx0PLn9aLI

Thanks. Hehe; so much for my internet searching skills. Actually, I had typed "lee evans" into youtube, and didn't pick this up.

To me, it looked like a clear non-catch; ball coming out as his second foot came down. I don't think you even get to the rule re "completing a catch."

Also, it wasn't really a "drop"; the Pats defender stripped him clean. Tough to fault Evans.

Thanks. Hehe; so much for my internet searching skills. Actually, I had typed "lee evans" into youtube, and didn't pick this up.

To me, it looked like a clear non-catch; ball coming out as his second foot came down. I don't think you even get to the rule re "completing a catch."

Also, it wasn't really a "drop"; the Pats defender stripped him clean. Tough to fault Evans.

Ha, no worries.

It was definitely a strip, not a drop. But he still should have held onto it. Someone that really cares about winning makes sure that nothing gets between them and the ball.

Edited by DrDareustein

If anyone of us catches the game winning TD to get to the Super Bowl you would hang on to it for dear life. Leenever tried to lock it in. He simply quit once it was in his hands just like he quit on the Bills. Lee is a quitter and now he is a loser.

We always hoot and holler about the Bills and all the horrible decisions our front office makes. Let's finally make a toast to them!

Buddy Nix might not be so horrible at evaluating talent as some think around here.

It's not tough. Tyree braced a ball against his head to clinch a playoff game. lee let down the whole ravens team by not hanging on to that ball. Good wrs make that catch. Verdict Is in on Evans as much as I hate it, another bills first round bust.

Don't know about anyone else but that brought back memories of Ronnie Harmon. Sorry if that memory is too painful for some of you.

Ouch!!! That is painful! Harmon makes that catch & the Bills play the Broncos in the AFC Championship game (would have been 2nd consecutive trip to the AFC title game).

Sad to say, but all Lee Evans knows is how to lose. Yeah, maybe being on the same team with people like Ray Lewis & Ed Reed could have elevated him to their level, but in the end, he lowered the team to his level. From that standpoint, it sure does look like the Ravens were fleeced in that trade.

One gone, now finally get rid of Kelsay please.