Anyone else have the feeling .....

The problem is, no one wants to come to Buffalo because everything we have done for the past 10 plus years has been completely half ass. Sorry to put it so blunt but it's going to be extremely difficult to bring in good FA's. I just hope we don't overpay for mediocre players like we usually do.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. In order to get Jackson (which I want us to do), we need to beat Chargers money AND get these guys to convince him to take it.

That shouldn't be that hard. The Spanoses are pretty much the Ralph Wilsons of the west coast. TIGHTWADS. I really wanted Jackson to be a Bill at one time, but that's kinda cooled off. He's got a string of DUI's in San Diego, and I don't think that bodes well for the Buffalo fans. If he's not too pricey, then absolutely. But if he wants the moon, skrew him.

Edited by #34fan

I want Kiwinuka and Williams and then go after Jackson too. Dont tell me they wont come here, sell them on turning this team around and how important they are to that. Everyone has a price and we should pay it.

If we are going to suck I would rather suck like the Redskins. And get this, we might actually be good.

I am sure the Bills are thinking:

In 2012

- our #1 Defensive player comes back on the D line, K Williams

- get a potential pro bowl LB in Merriman

- McGee gets healthy, who when he was young is a decent corner.

- Wood comes back at center

- Jackson comes back at RB

- Easely comes back and is the savior they hoped for two years ago

- In FA they sign one or two second tier players at ILB, DB, WR, OL or TE

- draft a pass rushing LB and WR in round 1 & 2 and special team and practice squad players in rds 3 to 7

- Then they pray that McKelvin, Troupe, Easely, Shephard, Moats, Batten, White are not all busts because the first three have bust etched on their foreheads right now.

They will do the minimal to get 22 pro quality starters and god forbids someone gets hurt because we will have no depth and no veteran leadership outside of McGee and Merriman. All of the other AFC east teams will do a lot to try to improve their rosters, we will be timid and watch.

Edited by jumbalaya

I think we have an excellent shot at Vincent Jackson because of his ties with Nix and Merriman. I also think, just a thought now, that we are going to enter the Mario Williams bidding. Not saying we are going to sign him, but we will be out there. I think we pursue and land a veteran CB as well.

I agree we will make some sort of play for Mario Williams.....something along the lines of a 91 toyota trecel and his pick of one of Ralphs many walkers to help in his rehab process. And we will all be suprised when he signs with another team fo 7 years 75 million $.

After Buddy's presser, I can't help but get exited about this years FA class, since I really believe we will make a big splash. Buddy emphasized that if there is the right guy available as pass rusher, they will pursue him aggresively. He also said he wants to add a big-time WR.

This opposed to the last two years, where he clearly stated they would not pursue any big-names, and would build through the draft. He never says this in his presser, so it makes me think we could sign a big free agent or two.

Thoughts? Go BILLS!

Um didn't really get that he was thinking about FAs other than our own but I hope we sign Marrio Williams and Vincent Jackson 0:) 0:) 0:)

Ahhhh, it's token move time again. The fans are unhappy, so it's time to bring in a couple of players who will get the gullible excited. I ask them...

Do you really think that Nix's philosophy has changed? Or could it be that the Bills' nosedive exposed the fact that they only want to continue the illusion of a rebuilding team?

The real Bills organizational strategy is to change the G.M. and coaching every few years to reset the fan expectations. The sad thing is that those expectations keep getting lower.

Don't you understand that blind acceptance doesn't make you a better fan than someone who demands true progress. It just makes you an enabler who helps the team continue on its bottom-dwelling ways. Conversely, fan discontent forces them to make a few moves. If it was unanimous discontent it would force them to do more.

And don't be concerned about the fear of them moving the team. A new owner might, but not the current organization. Doing so is expensive in the short run, but attractive for years to come. This organization is not looking ahead ten years, it is expecting to sell out in a few.

I am sure the Bills are thinking:

In 2012

- our #1 Defensive player comes back on the D line, K Williams

- get a potential pro bowl LB in Merriman

- McGee gets healthy, who when he was young is a decent corner.

- Wood comes back at center

- Jackson comes back at RB

- Easely comes back and is the savior they hoped for two years ago

- In FA they sign one or two second tier players at ILB, DB, WR, OL or TE

- draft a pass rushing LB and WR in round 1 & 2 and special team and practice squad players in rds 3 to 7

- Then they pray that McKelvin, Troupe, Easely, Shephard, Moats, Batten, White are not all busts because the first three have bust etched on their foreheads right now.

They will do the minimal to get 22 pro quality starters and god forbids someone gets hurt because we will have no depth and no veteran leadership outside of McGee and Merriman. All of the other AFC east teams will do a lot to try to improve their rosters, we will be timid and watch.

Who can blame you for thinking this way

After Buddy's presser, I can't help but get exited about this years FA class, since I really believe we will make a big splash. Buddy emphasized that if there is the right guy available as pass rusher, they will pursue him aggresively. He also said he wants to add a big-time WR.

This opposed to the last two years, where he clearly stated they would not pursue any big-names, and would build through the draft. He never says this in his presser, so it makes me think we could sign a big free agent or two.

Thoughts? Go BILLS!

Buddy also stated that it's harder to recruit quality players to come to Buffalo. I hope we sign some quality FAs, but not pay them so much that we can't resign our own players.

Every year Bills fan Billieve that the Bills are going to make a splash and sign guys like Peyton Manning, who would never play here for a variety of reasons. Instead we get the Tyler Thigpen's and the Langston Walkers. Buffalo is the Black hole of sports, Cleveland is it's second cousin.

Until Ralph Dies and the Bills are under new management and committed to winning it will be that way. Chan Gailey, The new Uniforms and the new turf is nothing more than lipstick on a pig !

When have the Bills ever made a splash in free agency.?

When Tom Donahoe was the GM.

During his tenure they were great in free agency. Unfortunately, they couldn't get the right coach and their drafting was mostly below average.

Well, we need to re-sign Stevie, Chandler, Lindell and Bell. So that would technically count as being pretty active in FA. But on top of that, I think we need to also sign 1 from the Jackson/Colston/Meachem pool. Then go Defense heavy in the draft.

Of course, I wouldn't be upset if we went after Mario Williams either. But I dont see that happening.

Resign Stevie because its only logical. Chandler deserves a second look, Lindell of course. Bell?? Guy cant stay upright, seems he is a liabilty already. Forget Parrish also. Id give Hagan a contract, guy made some great plays with the few games he started, he plays with alot of heart. Hopefully sign another top WR in FA. Maybe a linebacker/passrusher also. Draft for O line and D line. Easley should be good for next year. Hopefully Searcy and Corner step their game up next season. The QB situation needs to be addressed by the end of this coming season for sure.