Wanna win the Division

Your not gonna out score the Patriots all the time. You need have GREATdefense. You have to have a defense line that can rush the passer without a blitz and you need to play man not zone. That's why the Bills need to address the offense in FA and Defense in the draft. Sign Stevie, Jackson, Chandler and Bell in FA. Then add a Veteran FA WR to the team. Then draft mostly defense. With last years draft, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard and Searcy, along with the 2012 draft. You can't cover Gronkowski, but if you put Brady on his ass it don't matter.

1.Quinton Coples North Carolina 6'6" 285 DE43.

2.Andre Branch Clemson 6'4" 258 DE43.

3.Brandon Boykin Georgia 5'10" 183 CB.

4.James-Michael Johnson Nevada 6'1" 242 SILB.

4.Josh Robinson Central Florida 5'10" 192 CB.

5.Joseph Fauria UCLA 6'8" 252 TE.

4-3 Offense

LDE. platoon Chris Kelsey and Andre Branch.

DT. Kyle Williams

NT. Marcel Dareus.

RDE. Quiton Coples

WLB. Sean Merriman or Arthur Moats or James-Michael Johnson.

MLB. Kelvin Sheppard.

SLB. Nick Barnett.

CB. Arron Williams

SS. George Wilson.

FS. Jarius Byrd.

CB. Drayton Florence.

NCB. Brandon Boykin.

DDB. Justin Rogers.

to be fair, its against the denver broncos that these patriots look like world-beaters.

WE looked like world beaters against denver.

miami was up 17-0 on new england in week 16, and we were up 21-0 on them in week 17.

the strategy to beat new england? be above .500! (new england has not beat a team with a winning record this season.)

theyll get smoked by either baltimore or houston next week.

If we swept the pats, we would have finished 7-9.

You beat the pats (and NO, GB...) but out shooting them in a shootout. Go offense.

Rush the passer, all offenses fall apart with a strong pass rush. Watch video of the 85 Bears. If the QB doesn't have time. Game Over.

Aren't you watching the game? Why try to recreate what can't be recreated (Bears D)? Build a great offense and you will go further in today's NFL.

Todays NFL is BS. What happened to NO today. Just because everyone is pass happy doesn't mean it's the only way. Be different.

I don't know that i'm convinced that Coples is or should be our first pick . Bleacher Report has us taking Upshaw @ 10 & i think he has less bust potential & we need to beef up our LB corp but we do need a pass rush !!

Bu i like the rest of your picks !!

I don't know that i'm convinced that Coples is or should be our first pick . Bleacher Report has us taking Upshaw @ 10 & i think he has less bust potential & we need to beef up our LB corp but we do need a pass rush !!

Bu i like the rest of your picks !!

Bill Brasky in the first round. Mark it down.

Rush the passer, all offenses fall apart with a strong pass rush. Watch video of the 85 Bears. If the QB doesn't have time. Game Over.

Todays NFL is BS. What happened to NO today. Just because everyone is pass happy doesn't mean it's the only way. Be different.

What happened in NO? Turned into a shootout as the Leagues best D pissed away a 17 point lead and was bailed out by last minute heroics by Smith and Co.

Different? you mean like Jets, Jags, Steelers, Browns, Seahawks--all top 10 Ds. Where were they today?

What happened in NO? Turned into a shootout as the Leagues best D pissed away a 17 point lead and was bailed out by last minute heroics by Smith and Co.

Different? you mean like Jets, Jags, Steelers, Browns, Seahawks--all top 10 Ds. Where were they today?

You have to have some offense, but a killer pass rush will stop all those pass happy offenses. Plus defense wins championships. That kind of play is this years wildcat. Be ahead of the game, don't follow it.

I love how people try to to differentiate what side of the ball wins games when every f*****g play from special teams to offense to defense for 60 f*****g minutes decides the outcome of a football game. Argue the chicken or the egg all you want but you NEVER have enough great players until you win it all, and even if you do within weeks it does not matter because preparation for the next season starts immediately. I do concur with the OP however, the quality of the 9'rs front 4 is an example of what we will need to compete for a division title, but it won't be enough on it's own.

You have to have some offense, but a killer pass rush will stop all those pass happy offenses. Plus defense wins championships. That kind of play is this years wildcat. Be ahead of the game, don't follow it.

Going back to 1985 is being "ahead of the game"? SF's pass rush didn't exactly kill NO's pass happy O. I would argue that a pass happy O with at least a decent bit of D is better. That is the future. Has been for some time.

Run and stop the run will never be obsolete. That pass rush made me green with envy. :sick:

Going back to 1985 is being "ahead of the game"? SF's pass rush didn't exactly kill NO's pass happy O. I would argue that a pass happy O with at least a decent bit of D is better. That is the future. Has been for some time.

It's no different than the tides. They roll in, then they roll out. Over and over again. By the way, you might be right about the future, but it was not present in San Francisco today, and that's what matter's most.

Run and stop the run will never be obsolete. That pass rush made me green with envy. :sick:

It's no different than the tides. They roll in, then they roll out. Over and over again. By the way, you might be right about the future, but it was not present in San Francisco today, and that's what matter's most.

That's not completely true. In the end it came down to Te offenses needing to score to win, and they both did. D might of been the difference early on, but I'd easily argue a good passing offense and a good pass rush is the best mold in the current NFL.

That's not completely true. In the end it came down to Te offenses needing to score to win, and they both did. D might of been the difference early on, but I'd easily argue a good passing offense and a good pass rush is the best mold in the current NFL.

Couldn't one then male an argument that the defense that gave up the most points lost instead of the offense that scored the most points? Just saying. If your point is at the end it came down to the offenses needing to score then you could just say if you had a sick defense good enough to stop the offense you win.

Point was stated in this thread that it takes a whole TEAM, Offense, Defense, and Special Teams a full 60 minutes to win games. Obviously with a Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers type QB you cam overcome that but it's not always the case. Those QBs are arguably all HOFers. The 49ers defense is not even close to being considered one of the best of all time. Or even this year for that matter. Yet they stopped Brees. Oh yeah, the other thing is this, even though you might have a HOF type QB, that still doesn't ensure that your RBs, and WRs get tjier jobs done and hang onto the ball. Turnovers lost the game for the Saints today and it wasn't Brees. It was the other offensive playmakers. Or maybe it was the 49ers defense that caused it. There's no rhyme or reason to it. There's no chicken or the egg debate. You need an all around good team and you need to play mistake free at tuis point in the season/post season to win.

Your not gonna out score the Patriots all the time. You need have GREATdefense. You have to have a defense line that can rush the passer without a blitz and you need to play man not zone. That's why the Bills need to address the offense in FA and Defense in the draft. Sign Stevie, Jackson, Chandler and Bell in FA. Then add a Veteran FA WR to the team. Then draft mostly defense. With last years draft, Dareus, Williams, Sheppard and Searcy, along with the 2012 draft. You can't cover Gronkowski, but if you put Brady on his ass it don't matter.

1.Quinton Coples North Carolina 6'6" 285 DE43.

2.Andre Branch Clemson 6'4" 258 DE43.

3.Brandon Boykin Georgia 5'10" 183 CB.

4.James-Michael Johnson Nevada 6'1" 242 SILB.

4.Josh Robinson Central Florida 5'10" 192 CB.

5.Joseph Fauria UCLA 6'8" 252 TE.

4-3 Offense

LDE. platoon Chris Kelsey and Andre Branch.

DT. Kyle Williams

NT. Marcel Dareus.

RDE. Quiton Coples

WLB. Sean Merriman or Arthur Moats or James-Michael Johnson.

MLB. Kelvin Sheppard.

SLB. Nick Barnett.

CB. Arron Williams

SS. George Wilson.

FS. Jarius Byrd.

CB. Drayton Florence.

NCB. Brandon Boykin.

DDB. Justin Rogers.

After what I saw last night, its gonna be a long time before the Bills with the AFC East again

After what I saw last night, its gonna be a long time before the Bills with the AFC East again

this right here perfectly sums up the pessimism of the buffalo bills fans, and their hopeless, eternal eeyore attitude.

the patriots beat denver 45-10, at home, stopping the jesus-christ-incarnate quarterback dead in his tracks?

the patriots are the kings of the league - we must draft for the next decade to stop the patriots. infact, we should sit out next season, and just concede the division to them. after yesterday's performance, there is no stopping them. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY HAVEN'T BEATEN A TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD ALL SEASON, OR HAVE WIDEOUTS IN THEIR SECONDARY, OR HAVE NO RUNNING GAME. THEY ARE THE PATRIOTS! THEY WON A SUPER BOWL 8 YEARS AGO! THE BILLS SUCK! DON'T YOU SEE?? HOW ARE YOU MISSING THIS??!??!?!?!?

the bills beat denver, 40-14, at home, 3 weeks earlier, stopping the jesus-christ-incarnate quarterback dead in his tracks?

what a worthless organization. we can't even have a losing season correctly. it just messed up our draft pick! we're screwed. the sky is falling! fire nix! fire gailey! cut stevie now so we don't even have to renegotiate with him, he'll just leave anyways. or drop a game winning pass against the patriots.

One thing these play-off's have shown, if you want to win, you need a pass rush - you need to put preasure on the QB!

Somehow, someway, make him nervous. This is the number one priority of the Bills this off-seaon, figure out a way to create pressure: through the draft, change defense, key free agents, all of the above, etc

You beat the pats (and NO, GB...) but out shooting them in a shootout. Go offense.

Agreed. Once in a while, you may lure those teams into a defensive battle, but the truth is, they can easily score 30+ on you no matter how good your defense is. If you go into it thinking you're going to beat NE, GB, or the Saints by holding them under 20 with your stellar defense, you've already lost.

Every team in this division has had at least a couple of very good defensive seasons since the Pats started winning in 2001; even the Bills were ranked 2nd in the league in 2003 and 2004. Where have the Bills, Jets and Dolphins gotten with that model? Usually, 6-9 wins and a beating from the Pats when it counted late in the year.

The only way you're going to beat the Pats consistently and knock them off the top of this division is to beat them at their own game.

A wild rant but from JohnnyGold but I'm with you JG. Despite having a "genius coach" and the. "best QB ever" the Pats haven't been to the SB in years. Stop thinking they are gods and build a pass rush. The Giants SB win proved the omnipotent Brady looked pretty average on his *ss.

Edited by Green Lightning

The Bills beat the Patriots this year and beat the the Broncos just as badly 40-14. Whats your point?

Agreed. Once in a while, you may lure those teams into a defensive battle, but the truth is, they can easily score 30+ on you no matter how good your defense is. If you go into it thinking you're going to beat NE, GB, or the Saints by holding them under 20 with your stellar defense, you've already lost.

Every team in this division has had at least a couple of very good defensive seasons since the Pats started winning in 2001; even the Bills were ranked 2nd in the league in 2003 and 2004. Where have the Bills, Jets and Dolphins gotten with that model? Usually, 6-9 wins and a beating from the Pats when it counted late in the year.

The only way you're going to beat the Pats consistently and knock them off the top of this division is to beat them at their own game.

WRONG!!!! Last Year the Jets beat them with Defense, two years ago the Ravens did it with Rice and the Defense.

WRONG!!!! Last Year the Jets beat them with Defense, two years ago the Ravens did it with Rice and the Defense.

Note the word 'usually'. The Pats aren't going to beat everyone every single time.

You may beat them occasionally, but you won't do it consistently. The division records and the division championships the Pats have won in the last 10 years are proof enough. While the rest of the division spins its wheels trying to build a defense that can shut the Pats down, the Pats are beating them much more often than not on their way to 12 wins or so on average for the last decade.

Couldn't one then male an argument that the defense that gave up the most points lost instead of the offense that scored the most points? Just saying. If your point is at the end it came down to the offenses needing to score then you could just say if you had a sick defense good enough to stop the offense you win.

Point was stated in this thread that it takes a whole TEAM, Offense, Defense, and Special Teams a full 60 minutes to win games. Obviously with a Tom Brady, Payton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers type QB you cam overcome that but it's not always the case. Those QBs are arguably all HOFers. The 49ers defense is not even close to being considered one of the best of all time. Or even this year for that matter. Yet they stopped Brees. Oh yeah, the other thing is this, even though you might have a HOF type QB, that still doesn't ensure that your RBs, and WRs get tjier jobs done and hang onto the ball. Turnovers lost the game for the Saints today and it wasn't Brees. It was the other offensive playmakers. Or maybe it was the 49ers defense that caused it. There's no rhyme or reason to it. There's no chicken or the egg debate. You need an all around good team and you need to play mistake free at tuis point in the season/post season to win.

Yes, one can make that argument. However, it seems to be that the to offenses put up points against anyone, regardless of how good the D is. I completely agree that it is about the overall team, and truth is a team built in ANY fashion can win. With that said, it's clear that there is a slight advantage to building a team around the passing offense and pass rush on defense compared to other strategies. Like you said though, any type of team can win as its about how good the overall team is. I'm not saying anything about the chicken or the egg, just what has the greatest advantage in the current NFL.

current nfl rules favor the passing game so much that you only need one top level player on the entire team - the qb. indy, gb, no, and the cheaters have been proving that for the last decade

its kinda silly. no other sport rewards one position the way the nfl does the qb. i wish they would do something about it to put more emphasis on the other 21 positions. until they do its pretty much a ninety percent proposition that if you have an elite qb you go deep in the playoffs and if you dont youre **** out of luck