What can we learn from the Broncos?

covac23

Maybe that in this "new passing league" that running the ball can seriously set up the pass game through play action. Maybe sticking with the run throughout the game can still keep the defense guessing. The Broncos run game wasn't working against the Steelers all game, yet they kept trying to run. If that was the Bills, we would've given up on the run after the 1st quarter and gone to Shotgun 5 receiver sets for the rest of the game.

Chan, please try to run the ball to set up the pass instead of passing the ball to set up the run. In my opinion, Tebow is not as good as Fitz, but as we can see, the offensive philosophy matters just as much as the personnel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Better to be lucky than good?"

PTR

I watched that game because my son likes Tebow, and I'm not sure how you got lucky out of that game. If anyone got lucky I'd say the Steelers did with that horribly blown call on the backwards pass that was recovered by Denver.

If you are talking about all season, then I don't know. I didn't watch them except for yesterday and when the Bills beat them. But I haven't heard the word lucky used about the Broncos this season except by you.

Tebow just seems to find a way to win, in college or so far as a pro. Can't fault him for that. In fact we could use some of that in the B-lo.

Maybe that in this "new passing league" that running the ball can seriously set up the pass game through play action. Maybe sticking with the run throughout the game can still keep the defense guessing. The Broncos run game wasn't working against the Steelers all game, yet they kept trying to run. If that was the Bills, we would've given up on the run after the 1st quarter and gone to Shotgun 5 receiver sets for the rest of the game.

Chan, please try to run the ball to set up the pass instead of passing the ball to set up the run. In my opinion, Tebow is not as good as Fitz, but as we can see, the offensive philosophy matters just as much as the personnel.

Fitz isn't the running threat that Tebow is. That said, I laud your overall point.

Further ammunition: The Bronco's "not working" run game managed to rack up 131 yds, a TD, and 3.9 YPC. That moves the chains, Man, that moves the chains.

same thing we learned about the Broncos coaching staff all year...they design their game plan around their players strength instead of trying to force their players into a game plan they simply are not right for

its that simple

Get injured less?

Do the Broncos have 16 guys on IR?

The Broncos win a lot of games late because the opposing teams CAN'T !@#$ING BREATH! Why this doesn't get talked about more often is beyond me. Elway was a great QB but I wonder how many of his comebacks wouldn't have happened if the Broncos didn't play at 6000ft asl.

You bring up a valid point which most people in htis thread are of course ignoring. Chan went into the NE* game saying we needed to run the ball to limit their possessions. We were successful running the ball early, but what happened? Chan got pass happy.

We need a real OC who calls the plays on Sunday. Chan needs to give that duty up.

I watched that game because my son likes Tebow, and I'm not sure how you got lucky out of that game. If anyone got lucky I'd say the Steelers did with that horribly blown call on the backwards pass that was recovered by Denver.

If you are talking about all season, then I don't know. I didn't watch them except for yesterday and when the Bills beat them. But I haven't heard the word lucky used about the Broncos this season except by you.

Tebow just seems to find a way to win, in college or so far as a pro. Can't fault him for that. In fact we could use some of that in the B-lo.

You haven't heard anyone say lucky?!?!?

Marion barber staying inbounds and then fumbling? Dude they defined luck this season.

That being said I don't know if it was lucky for them that Ryan Clark couldn't play or that rapelisburger and pouncey were injured but those all contributed heavily yesterday. The steelers literally limped into the playoffs.

How about some credit to the broncos d who IMO had a lot to do with how good Denver has been this year without getting any of the credit.

How about some credit to the broncos d who IMO had a lot to do with how good Denver has been this year without getting any of the credit.

From what I read, the broncos D deserves the majority of the credit for the entire season. Tebow and co. did come through in the clutch on several occasions however and therefore got most of the credit.

The Broncos D and Tebow both have my blessing to stomp Marcia into the turf this weekend.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Get injured less?

Do the Broncos have 16 guys on IR?

The Broncos win a lot of games late because the opposing teams CAN'T !@#$ING BREATH! Why this doesn't get talked about more often is beyond me. Elway was a great QB but I wonder how many of his comebacks wouldn't have happened if the Broncos didn't play at 6000ft asl.

I always say this when they play at home.

You bring up a valid point which most people in htis thread are of course ignoring. Chan went into the NE* game saying we needed to run the ball to limit their possessions. We were successful running the ball early, but what happened? Chan got pass happy.

We need a real OC who calls the plays on Sunday. Chan needs to give that duty up.

Yeah and he is going to fire himself :doh:

We can learn that if Buffalo played in the AFC west, they would be perennial playoff contenders.

thank you - can't believe that it took until the second page for someone to say this....if you play in a sucky division, you can be bad and still make the playoofs, get a home playoff game, then luck out with a "on any given Sunday" playoff win (see Seattle last year).