My Vincent Jackson Trade

Astrobot

In this scenario, San Diego trades VJ to Buffalo and they switch spots in RD1 and RD2 of the draft. San Diego moves up to #11; Buffalo down to #15.

The result:

1 15 Buffalo Whitney Mercilus OLB34 Illinois (our P1)

2 48 Buffalo Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State (one of our P2's)

3 74 Buffalo Nick Toon WRF Wisconsin (one of our P2's)

4 106 Buffalo Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State (one of our P2's)

4 122 Buffalo Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State (one of our P2's)

5 136 Buffalo Matt Conrath DE34 Virginia P3

6 170 Buffalo Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn P3

7 202 Buffalo Adrian Robinson OLB34 Temple P1

I'm a firm believer that were closer to a good 4/3 than a good 3/4 defense so I'd rather have a good pass rusher for our RDE. Would give us Kelsey in the left with Dareus and Williams in the middle. Other than that, I don't know much about your picks since I'm not that close to college ball.

I would LOVE!!!! VJ in this team to line up opposite SJ though.

Edited by mrags

In this scenario, San Diego trades VJ to Buffalo and they switch spots in RD1 and RD2 of the draft. San Diego moves up to #11; Buffalo down to #15.

The result:

Like the trade for Jackson, and I really like the Mercilus pick. Not a huge fan of going OT in round 2, however, as I'd really like a WR in that spot. I'd prefer Dwight Jones or Mohamed Sanu to Toon. Dwight Jones could prove to be the best WR to come out of this draft class. Love the Cousins pick in round 4. Leonard Johnson is a smurph....doesn't seem to fall in line with what Buddy is trying to do with our defense (bigger, more physical).

Even if S.D. did franchise him n trade to B-lo that would mean he would be here for 1 yr. He doesn't have to sign long term, and i don't think you can franchise a player more then 2x's or cause it's a different team would that mean we could franchise him 2 more x's?????

Yes to the trade.

No to the draft.

Your trade already got me the ONLY offensive position I would draft in the top 3 (other than QB in round one). After that, gimme Defense 1, 2, 3.

We know fitz is not the long-term answer, but I want that position fixed in round one this year, or not at all.

Edited by maddenboy

The result:

What if we go to a 4-3?

If this trade could be a reality, I would think it would mean no Stevie. I can't imagine this team locking up 17-18 million on WR's.

I think I could deal with VJ over SJ...then again its trading one diva for another.

I want both (Stevie and VJ). Then although I am very concerned about our pass rush, I would want a LT in the first round of the draft if a quality one for where our pick is came to us. I think we might then be poised for an elite offensive team. With Freddie, CJ, Stevie, ,VJ, Wood, Levitre, Pears, Urbik and a quality LT, I don't know how many offensive rosters could matchup. I know we have to resign Stevie and Fred for this plan and our defense would still be very suspect. I'm hoping Wannstedt can right the ship with mostly our current personel. This is all very wishful thinking but all of this would be sweet. A fan can hope right?!?

Edited by BuffaloBlizzard

The result:

I would love that!

Seems more science fiction than reality.

I don't think Buddy Nix and AJ smith are exactly Buddy Buddy.

If they were CJ Spiller would be a San Diego Charger. It would have made more sense for the Chargers to move up to get Spiller than to get Ryan Mathews, and with the speed that Buffalo ran to the podium something seemed odd there. Complete speculation but it doesn't add up that San Diego wanted to move up, the Bills didn't need a RB, and yet the Bills rushed to take a RB.

So making this deal, which would be a boon for Buffalo seems less than likely.

If we stay in the 3-4 hybrid I like the picks.

I'm thinking Zebrie is going to run up the board come draft day. He has some serious talent and a team will take him in the first.

So if we got him at 48, it would be a steal.

Also EJ Manuel is there in the 4th in your mock which I think is more what Chan wants,

Fitzy was the 3rd leading rushing QB in 2010, and had over 200 yards rushing in 2011. I don't think this is by accident.

Cousins isn't exactly mobile, but he looks like a good to great pure pocket passer.

Sorry to be a debbie downer but this looks more like fan spank material than anything in reality.

I think I could deal with VJ over SJ...then again its trading one diva for another.

These guys are far from "divas"... T.O was a diva... Keyword being was... I really believe he toned things down when he came to Buffalo and the whole Cincy thing was juss weird being opposite Ochocinco and them both having a reality show and appearing on one another's show whatever... Off topic... Santonio Holmes is a diva... VJ and SJ come to work and handle business on the field after taking care of business financial wise... SJ speaks from the heart... I love VJ's talent and that's pretty much all I know about him cuz I dont watch SD games every week but SJ may drop a couple balls here and there but he's still the man... If this dream ever did come true, I would actually have Stevie be our #2 and VJ #1 WR...

These guys are far from "divas"... T.O was a diva... Keyword being was... I really believe he toned things down when he came to Buffalo and the whole Cincy thing was juss weird being opposite Ochocinco and them both having a reality show and appearing on one another's show whatever... Off topic... Santonio Holmes is a diva... VJ and SJ come to work and handle business on the field after taking care of business financial wise... SJ speaks from the heart... I love VJ's talent and that's pretty much all I know about him cuz I dont watch SD games every week but SJ may drop a couple balls here and there but he's still the man... If this dream ever did come true, I would actually have Stevie be our #2 and VJ #1 WR...

Dont get me wrong I would love to have both these guys on the field together. I was more or less referring to Stevie's need to celebrate and VJ sitting nearly an entire season for more money (BTW he only earned 550k that year because of that). Perhaps Diva wasn't the best word to describe what I was aiming for.

I would love that!

If they were CJ Spiller would be a San Diego Charger. It would have made more sense for the Chargers to move up to get Spiller than to get Ryan Mathews, and with the speed that Buffalo ran to the podium something seemed odd there. Complete speculation but it doesn't add up that San Diego wanted to move up, the Bills didn't need a RB, and yet the Bills rushed to take a RB.

That's one of the craziest theories out there. For some reason though it makes sense and could see it happening.

I would love that!

yeah because Nix didn't come out right away saying they wanted a waterbug RB right away. The idea was to keep him away from San Diego because the Bills and Chargers play a lot...or Nix just wanted to stick it to a former co-worker so he wasted a first round pick in spite. BTW JFK was assassinated by a brainwashed soldier who thought he was a Russian, Coast to Coast is the only true radio show in the US, and Twinkies really can survive a nuclear explosion.