Bills Sign WR David Clowney

McBeane

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love people overreacting to a signing in January. Should the Bills not sign players?

No i don't have a problem with them signing players but for goodness sake get our guys signed first worry about the FA's later keep our corp together especially when Stevie was going to give his home team a discount ..

You start signing to many other players before our good core guys are signed they might just say well screw you then & GIVE ME THE BIG MONEY rather than the team spending it on possible intimidation players !!

hey, it's not a big deal, but it's something.

from what i've been told, Clowney's got speed, and that's something the Bills WR corps really lacked this year, especially after Roscoe went down. it's worth giving Clowney a shot. it's better than not doing anything, eh?

jw

If nothing else it's a good camp body. I'm not under the impression that they had a ton of awesome options for major upgrades to sign today. It's amazing how whiny people can be on here. At some point were going to have to get up to those 80 bodies for camp and they won't all be probowlers. In fact 20+ of them probably won't even play in the NFL, but if one of those bodies makes the roster and contributes - cool. A guy like clowney could be on one of those 4th WR types maybe.

No i don't have a problem with them signing players but for goodness sake get our guys signed first worry about the FA's later keep our corp together especially when Stevie was going to give his home team a discount ..

You start signing to many other players before our good core guys are signed they might just say well screw you then & GIVE ME THE BIG MONEY rather than the team spending it on possible intimidation players !!

uhhh ... in most cases, these contracts signed in early January are negligible and hinge on the player actually makign the team. whatever the Bills signed David Clowney for will have no effect at all on whether they re-open talks with Stevie Johnson or change Stevie's mind on Buffalo.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Clowney's highest reception total came in 2009 with the Jets when he had 14 for 191 yards and 1 Touchdown.

After he was cut, he went to Carolina (where they ran a really conservative, predictable offense under Jimmy Claussen) and made a few plays. Seem like the guy was a decent special teams contributor and never got a fair chance as a WR. Who knows, maybe Gailey and Fitz can get something out of this guy. Or maybe not. Either way, I like that the team is already getting a head start on next season.

uhhh ... in most cases, these contracts signed in early January are negligible and hinge on the player actually makign the team. whatever the Bills signed David Clowney for will have no effect at all on whether they re-open talks with Stevie Johnson or change Stevie's mind on Buffalo.

jw

but but but... I thought that they could only talk to one player at once. Clearly, signing Clowney took away all the focus from the other objectives of this offseason... right?

100 yards in 10 games with the Panthers? Start warming the brass for a sculpture and call the tailor for a yellow jacket, Canton here we come!!!

Oh Great, with this blockbuster signing I guess were letting Ruvell Martin walk too!

My guess was we were at the bottom of 2011 dumpster. Apparently not.

Gotta love people overreacting to a signing in January. Should the Bills not sign players?

Sure but this is camp fodder.

See the highlight reel (well, 2 catches) here: http://www.davidclowney87.com/

Guy has his own website and every entry makes it sound like he is the most sought after WR in the NFL...sounds like another diva WR craving attention...where are all the old time, humble, hard working, non-Twittering, non-self promotion players these days who let their play on the field speak louder than their mouths??? ( a la Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, James Lofton, Don Beebe, and that little NY Giants WR who used to get creamed all the time)

Oh Great, with this blockbuster signing I guess were letting Ruvell Martin walk too!

I believe Eric PEars and Scott Chandler were late season or end of the year signings too. They both became very solid starters. I'm not saying that is the case with Clowney at all. I just hate how everyone have to just add snotty comments when someone gives actual Bills' news.

Actually, I take that back. Let's just spent the offseason talking about how bad the Bills, where they are go to re-locate to, or how cheap Ralph is. :thumbsup:

Who is the non-camp fodder signing you were looking for?