Bills Sign WR David Clowney

McBeane

I can't wait to see what you guys write should they resign Hagan.

Hagan wasn't bad. I mean, if his name was more recognizable and he didn't wear the full arm-length undershirt, we'd all be saying "hey, this guy we signed late in the season came in and actually made quite a few plays."

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Eric PEars and Scott Chandler were late season or end of the year signings too. They both became very solid starters. I'm not saying that is the case with Clowney at all. I just hate how everyone have to just add snotty comments when someone gives actual Bills' news.

Actually, I take that back. Let's just spent the offseason talking about how bad the Bills, where they are go to re-locate to, or how cheap Ralph is. :thumbsup:

Not looking too argue. On the topic of Eric Pears, he's a good depth player not a starting right tackle. Now Hairston just might be very good on the right side.Pears,and His Denver manhandling of a certain linebacker aside, he is average at the very best. As for snotty comments. This signing is like ALL the receivers signed in the past 2 years. A guy was has marginal NFL talent. Just my opinion, and i know it's worthless here. but if everyone is excited about this, I guess I'll open a beer.

Edited by Best Player Available

Not looking too argue. On the topic of Eric Pears, he's a good depth player not a starting right tackle. Now Hairston just might be very good on the right side.Pears,and His Denver manhandling of a certain linebacker aside, he is average at the very best. As for snotty comments. This signing is like ALL the receivers signed in the past 2 years. A guy was has marginal NFL talent. Just my opinion, and i know it's worthless here. but if everyone is excited about this, I guess I'll open a beer.

There is zero reason not to crack a beer anyways. :beer:

Meh, doesn't mean much but camp guy who could make the team. It shows they are always looking. Sometimes they find something decent. This hardly hurts the team or other players on our team. We definitely need to get some WR's. Not saying he is the answer, but kicking the tires doesn't hurt!

Where do you get the idea anyone is "excited" over this signing? :blink: In order to argue with someone you have to share the same definition of reality.

PTR

Guy has his own website and every entry makes it sound like he is the most sought after WR in the NFL...sounds like another diva WR craving attention...where are all the old time, humble, hard working, non-Twittering, non-self promotion players these days who let their play on the field speak louder than their mouths??? ( a la Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, James Lofton, Don Beebe, and that little NY Giants WR who used to get creamed all the time)

You saying Phil McConkey is available?

I don't think anyone's doing backflips for him. I don't get how anyone could be mad about it. Theres absolutely no reason to believe he is the answer to letting anyone go. He's someone to run routes at camp and maybe surprise us and catch a few balls next year. I just don't see any reason in the world to be upset about a January signing. What were you looking for?

Edited by NoSaint

Where do you get the idea anyone is "excited" over this signing? :blink: In order to argue with someone you have to share the same definition of reality.

PTR

I try hard not too engage with you, as I have read your "posts" for many years. In the span of a month you have come after me twice now, and well anyone is fair game for you. Just wondering though, why do you attack posters,their attitude, their warranted feelings after 52 years of almost constant sucking, But you yourself rarely if ever have anything to say about actual Bills football? Well, you do understand the little idiosyncrasies about broadcast radio but really......

It seems your sole purpose here is too hose other posters? Especially if they show negativity at OBD I'm glad your wired too cheer lead every moronic thing OBD does. They do plenty, as our yearly record clearly demonstrates. I do not constantly post negative things about our team, in fact the majority of my posts are on game day, and I am always thinking win at kickoff.

I actually used the word "excited" tongue in cheek, maybe that concept is over your head. I know sarcasm is for sure. Too make your life easier, i won't be posting here constantly as this is the time of year where my travel ramps up and i have other things on my mind. You will have one less fellow Bills fan to kick around. Hey have a great day.But, Why so serious?

I try hard not too engage with you, as I have read your "posts" for many years. In the span of a month you have come after me twice now, and well anyone is fair game for you. Just wondering though, why do you attack posters,their attitude, their warranted feelings after 52 years of almost constant sucking, But you yourself rarely if ever have anything to say about actual Bills football? Well, you do understand the little idiosyncrasies about broadcast radio but really......

It seems your sole purpose here is too hose other posters? Especially if they show negativity at OBD I'm glad your wired too cheer lead every moronic thing OBD does. They do plenty, as our yearly record clearly demonstrates. I do not constantly post negative things about our team, in fact the majority of my posts are on game day, and I am always thinking win at kickoff.

I actually used the word "excited" tongue in cheek, maybe that concept is over your head. I know sarcasm is for sure. Too make your life easier, i won't be posting here constantly as this is the time of year where my travel ramps up and i have other things on my mind. You will have one less fellow Bills fan to kick around. Hey have a great day.But, Why so serious?

Who is serious here?

That's the little fella I was thinking of...he was a hard worker and never seemed to be pointing at the back of his jersey or pounding his chest.

And he's from Buffalo and a Bills fan to boot. I coincidentally watched a Bills game with him once at Boomers on the UWS in NY, my old Sunday joint during football season. Didn't even know who he was until he said "wow, that was some hit. Back in my day they didn't hit like that" and then spent part of the rest of the game talking about his playing time. Funniest thing was he said hands down he'd always root for the Bills over his old team, the Giants....

hey, it's not a big deal, but it's something.

from what i've been told, Clowney's got speed, and that's something the Bills WR corps really lacked this year, especially after Roscoe went down. it's worth giving Clowney a shot. it's better than not doing anything, eh?

jw

You're absolutely right, John.

I think most of us very much want the Bills to sign Stevie Johnson AND bring in significant WR talent through draft or FA

Remembering Cornell Green, there is fear this is a move intended to SUBSTITUTE for signing SJ and/or bringing in signifcant talent through draft and FA.

Sort of like my friend's father who suggested orange juice be used with sex, as a contraceptive: not before, not after....instead of :angry:

I don't think anyone's doing backflips for him. I don't get how anyone could be mad about it. Theres absolutely no reason to believe he is the answer to letting anyone go. He's someone to run routes at camp and maybe surprise us and catch a few balls next year. I just don't see any reason in the world to be upset about a January signing. What were you looking for?

I'm not mad about anything.Football is a game.I hope they scrape 10 more receivers up. But,To be honest, after listening to Ralph, Brandon, Nix gailey, I just am having a hard time seeing anything positive on OBD going forward. Again, I'm asking for a rebuild that will field an eventual super bowl winner. Not cut and paste marginal players to get us to 10-6 and a wild card. I want a commitment to have friggin parade in Buffalo. There should be NO other option on OBD. My Bills roots run very long and deep, I made silly sarcastic remark over a guy who is probably camp fodder only, but in the back of my sill mind I'm thinking here comes more of the same. BTW, Ralph is the reason we have a team. Don't think that's not a big deal for me.

So for me being a chump today, here's a quote from Paul Schafer in Spinal Tap. "Go ahead, go ahead and kick me right in the ass" LOL at times this forum here is interesting. What we all need here are a few 14-2 seasons and it will ramp back big time and disappear. Well almost.

Clowney is a speedy WR and I believe he does special teams as well. Ran a 4.37 at the combine in 2007. Should bring some speed to camp if nothing else. You won't seem him any higher than 4 on the DC barring injury :::knock on wood:::

hey, it's not a big deal, but it's something.

from what i've been told, Clowney's got speed, and that's something the Bills WR corps really lacked this year, especially after Roscoe went down. it's worth giving Clowney a shot. it's better than not doing anything, eh?

jw

It's a good signing, but I think some people here are rightly scared that the spin machine at OBD will use this as an excuse (however facially absurd) as a reason to (1) not resign SJ or (2) find another top WR to pair with him.