By the way, Fewell not really successful in NY.

I read a story someplace that the Giants defense is #27 overall in the league. Aren't they famous for their defense? What happened? I'll tell you....Perry Fewell happened. Giants fans were after his head. So our defense was rotten and porous, and finished a couple clicks behind the Giants. Put that in perspective.

Glad to see Edwards out. That defense was out of position half the time, and lost the other half.

I read a story someplace that the Giants defense is #27 overall in the league. Aren't they famous for their defense? What happened? I'll tell you....Perry Fewell happened. Giants fans were after his head. So our defense was rotten and porous, and finished a couple clicks behind the Giants. Put that in perspective.

Glad to see Edwards out. That defense was out of position half the time, and lost the other half.

Tons of injuries TC.

They have playmakers.

I would take Fewell over Edwards.

Yeah, this was no surprise to me. The Bills actually rank 26th in total defense, 1 spot higher. The Giants defense looked about the same as the Bills D did with him. He even has a MUCH better D-line, although a weak and injured secondary.

Glad to see the FO has at least a little common sense in firing Edwards, I am a supporter of how Nix has been handling things. I don't know if Wanny is the answer, but at least he has some credibility. Nix was smart in picking up Wanny as an assistant last year, knowing Edwards looked in over his head during his first year.

In the early season they lost:

Terell Thomas - starting CB - Aaron ross is a BIG step down and got picked on all season.

Prince Amukamara - 1st rd draft choice - no camp, misses first half of rookie year....then thrown into fire.

Jonathan Goff - best LB and Def play caller - replaced with rookie

Osi - had him for only 9 games

Michael Boley - missed a bunch of games

Their LB situation got so bad, they had rookies calling the plays and were calling up old LB's that were out of football - to start.

Perry should get a pass on this season.

Funny you posted this, I have a bunch of NYC friends that are Giants fans and they were all posting yesterday to fire Fewell and hire Spags back. I poked my head in and asked why they felt that way and NONE of them are happy with their D. They think they play much softer than when Spags was around, and hate the whole bend but dont break crap.

When I mentioned that some Bills fans would have preferred Fewell to be kept as Head Coach over Gailey, I got a bunch of laughs.

It's just other fans opinion, but it is interesting to hear perspective from outside our Buffalo bubble.

If I were the Gints, I'd call send a private plane to pickup Spagnuolo and pay him as a consultant for the playoffs.

Personally I've never understood why NFL teams take coaches that have failed in other places, and magically expect them to work wonders in a new environment... Yeah I know the Bills do it all the time, but it's because they're cheap...Mularkey (his offense blew with the steelers) and Edwards (His LB's drastically under performed in Miami...) are great examples of that. I'm a Gailey supporter for now, but his resume didn't exactly excite me either with a history of getting fired and under performing...

Let's face it, the Bills D was not good under Fewell. They consistently got gashed vs the run, badly. The pass D stats "looked" ok, but that's because no one bothered to try...It was so easy to run, and the Bill's had no offense.

Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the next head scratcher...He butchered that Jets offense full of talent (2 superbowl winning WR's, top notch TE, Top LT, Hall of fame RB, 1st round QB), and now is getting HC interviews?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Personally I've never understood why NFL teams take coaches that have failed in other places, and magically expect them to work wonders in a new environment... Yeah I know the Bills do it all the time, but it's because they're cheap...Mularkey (his offense blew with the steelers) and Edwards (His LB's drastically under performed in Miami...) are great examples of that. I'm a Gailey supporter for now, but his resume didn't exactly excite me either with a history of getting fired and under performing...

Let's face it, the Bills D was not good under Fewell. They consistently got gashed vs the run, badly. The pass D stats "looked" ok, but that's because no one bothered to try...It was so easy to run, and the Bill's had no offense.

Brian Schottenheimer is going to be the next head scratcher...He butchered that Jets offense full of talent (2 superbowl winning WR's, top notch TE, Top LT, Hall of fame RB, 1st round QB), and now is getting HC interviews?

There's got to me more to it than teams "being cheap," because the Giants have loads of money and still hired Fewell. Sometimes it's a matter of the best that's left.

There's got to me more to it than teams "being cheap," because the Giants have loads of money and still hired Fewell. Sometimes it's a matter of the best that's left.

I think that there is a high premium placed on experience, no matter the actual success level. Once you have been an assistant (let alone a head coach) there is apparently always a job for you. You may have to take a step back—from HC to-coordinator, co-ordinator to position coach, or from pro to college—but once in the club it appears you have a promise of lifetime employment, with the assumption being that as long as you are familiar with the practical aspects of being a coach, you can do different things with different players. Nice work if you can get it.

I think that there is a high premium placed on experience, no matter the actual success level. Once you have been an assistant (let alone a head coach) there is apparently always a job for you. You may have to take a step back—from HC to-coordinator, co-ordinator to position coach, or from pro to college—but once in the club it appears you have a promise of lifetime employment, with the assumption being that as long as you are familiar with the practical aspects of being a coach, you can do different things with different players. Nice work if you can get it.

True. And it happens a lot in other sports as well.

He employs the Tampa 2 scheme, which in my opinion blows chunks, and was very lucky to even work in Tampa when it was first debuted. They had the likes of derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, John Lynch, and a stellar secondary. That team is probably the only team that could have pulled off suck a flimsy defensive scheme.