If Peyton Manning gets healthy and with Polian gone....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen or heard rumours of a back story here. Did the Polians want to keep Mannning but Irsay wants to move on and draft a QB? Or is it the other way around? I am assuming it has something to do with Manning. If Peyton wanted to come to Buffalo ( and I am laughing while I am typing) I would be very good with that. Instant credibility, sign D. Bowe or another top end receiver and some D help and the Bills are in the playoffs at least. If I was a 92 year old owner I would do it, F the kids and their inheritance, sponges the lot of them.

I can imagine a number of scenarios, teams feeling a good qb pushes them to a seperbowl, like niners to mention one. I cannot imagine any scenario where he lands with an outdoor cold weather team with a weak line, cfl wr and te talent, margainal tackles, a $60 million qb on the roster and 1 or two seasons into a total rebuild.

These hard truths neglect to even start with the cheap meddling owner, suspect play calling, etc.

The Colts will want a king's ransom for Manning otherwise he not going anywhere if I was going to trade two #1 pick it would be for RG3, Peyton might play 2 or 3 years more you need a guy thats going to be there for 8+ years& & with his salary its not worth it

The Colts will want a king's ransom for Manning otherwise he not going anywhere if I was going to trade two #1 pick it would be for RG3, Peyton might play 2 or 3 years more you need a guy thats going to be there for 8+ years& & with his salary its not worth it

I have no idea how this will play out but from I have heard there is a strong liklihood that Manning would be released prior to a massive roster bonus due in March or something like that. If Indy could actually trade Manning and get the picks they potentially could be set for years.

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they do pick a QB Mannings days are numbered.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

We do have the cap room...just thinking out loud.

:blink: would rather draft a Kirk Cousins than overpay for a very used QB.

There's a $28M bonus due before Peyton can be traded. So either Indy eats that, and then makes a trade, or he's cut outright.

If Irsay's interested in throwing money around, then that post-bonus trade is interesting. It considerably lowers Manning's cost to the new team, so comparatively, it raises his trade value. If you don't have to pay the signing bonus or the roster bonus, Manning's contract is cheaper than Fitzpatrick's - it's about $25M over three years before rising slightly in years he's unlikely to keep playing. Indy won't be burdened with a big contract when they sign Luck, so it's plausibly something they could do. And another team could load up with Peyton and still sign a few free agents and stay under the cap, if they don't mind mortgaging the future to do it by giving up at least a first round pick or two.

Any likely takers? Jets, Redskins come to mind. Maybe the Cowboys, if Romo finally breaks Jones. Stephen Ross is known to make weird decisions. I dunno.

I think the Colts are going to draft Luck or RG3. If I was the Colts I would make RG3 the pick.

If they choose to move on from Peyton , which to me is more likely now that Polian isn't there....

I'd rather see him as our offensive coordinator (as opposed to Chan) because Peyton is one smart fella....he runs his own offense as QB, think what he could do if given time to plan a game from start to finish....if his neck issue forces retirement, and assuming he would want to coach, I'd make that offer to him in a heartbeat.

no. i do not want to invest that kind of money into a guy that is in the twilight of his career and is coming off multiple neck surgeries.

Not knowing your stance in the subject but I think it's funny thatany in here agree with your opinion of Manning yet feel we should extend and increase the contract of a RB in almost the same situation. About the same age if your comparing career averages for position and neck injury for a QB vs a leg injury for RB. It's just funny how many respond is all I'm saying.

LOL OWNERSHIP (Irsay) has come out and said they are keeping Manning awhile ago. Polian is the one said they draft Luck if they had the 1st round pick and made no comment on Mannings future there. Mind you If I was Irsay I have fired Polian too, just for his terrible drafting, lose 1 player go from SB Contender to #1 pick is unacceptable!! (Pats lost Brady and still went 11-5 showed they had a better TEAM..)

And the NFL does not want Manning v Brady twice a year its the #1 rated football game outside of the playoffs, they dont wanna ruin that!

Absolutely not.

(We saw what happened when we tried a similar move with Drew Bledsoe at the end of HIS career.)

Now making a move to sign Polian...that I could support B-)

Edited by The Senator

• 4 weeks later...