This is what I'm talking about!!

I agree with Florence when he says "you can be a hall-of-famer, bro." Great player, great leader, best draft pick since...??

At around the 1:05 mark Florence was also reminding the D that they want to spread them and run it. I know this is a Marcell topic, but Florence is a player we need to keep. Not sure of his contract, but he's a pretty good CB and a team leader. Hopefully Marcell takes his words to heart. One more thing, doesn't Marcell sound a little like Charles Barkley?

With how he's performed on the inside, I don't see who in the right mind wouldn't put him and KW at the DT spots and just officially shift back to the 4-3 full-time, pick up a good DE and see if/how this pair + some edge help can bust up through the middle/collapse the pocket and make QBs have to scramble (one hopes) into dumb mistakes.

The 3-4 experiment failed. Soooooo much of this team's problem is the inability to generate any kind of a pass rush against teams that have anything for an OL. Against the Iggles, there were a couple of times we blitzed eight (count 'em --- 8!) and still did not get within 5 yards of a pocket-passing Vick.

With how he's performed on the inside, I don't see who in the right mind wouldn't put him and KW at the DT spots and just officially shift back to the 4-3 full-time, pick up a good DE and see if/how this pair + some edge help can bust up through the middle/collapse the pocket and make QBs have to scramble (one hopes) into dumb mistakes.

The 3-4 experiment failed. Soooooo much of this team's problem is the inability to generate any kind of a pass rush against teams that have anything for an OL. Against the Iggles, there were a couple of times we blitzed eight (count 'em --- 8!) and still did not get within 5 yards of a pocket-passing Vick.

For a couple years before we switched to 3-4, I had been arguing that the primary benefit would be that our Offense would finally be able to practice against the defense that every team in our division was running. Getting to the playoffs starts with winning the division, and stupid JP and stupid Jauron couldnt seem to solve the 3-4 "puzzle."

That said, I want what works best. We have about 1.5 linebackers. If you arent going to draft me several linebackers this year, then why run a 3-4??

Only Greorge Edwards would do something so stupid as to move this kid and KW.

Yep but he needs help around him .. primarily some LB's

Agreed. I'm hoping that Merriman can come back healthy and if nothing else, can mentor a high round draft pick next year. If Merriman can STAY healthy for a whole year and be a viable pass rush threat, the Bills could have a monster D.

IMO, with Carrington, Kelsay and Edwards, a 4-3 DE is a position of want, not need. Our personnel on the DLine is definitely stronger on the interior with guys like Troupe, Heard, Johnson, even this Dodson character, but on the outside, we're in a great position to find a FA then a fourth round athletic freak project-type who could turn out very similar to JPP for the GMen.

And i for think Merriman too !!! Healthy Williams , Merriman & Dareus ---- WATCH OUT !!!!!!!!! GO BILLS !!!!!!!!

I wish I could share your optimism concerning Merriman. I know he hasn't forgoten how to play football, but after two surgeries on the same Achilles, I'm not holding out much hope.

The most impressive thing about that whole video is his discipline. On the first Tebow pick he didn't run at tebow to try and sack him. He had the opportunity. He hung back so Tebow couldn't run the ball.

I feel bad for Dareus. He's getting double and triple teamed almost every down.

I wish I could share your optimism concerning Merriman. I know he hasn't forgoten how to play football, but after two surgeries on the same Achilles, I'm not holding out much hope.

Pretty sure he only had one surgery on the achilles(this season). Last season he hurt it and was put on IR(no surgery reported that I could find). This season he said he would have surgery and that he felt lucky because he would get the surgery done before it actually tore it. He said it was a small tear ,but not a rupture like Spikes had. The surgery he had before this was for a knee injury. I think because it was a small tear and not a rupture, he'll come back strong.

Pretty sure he only had one surgery on the achilles(this season). Last season he hurt it and was put on IR(no surgery reported that I could find). This season he said he would have surgery and that he felt lucky because he would get the surgery done before it actually tore it. He said it was a small tear ,but not a rupture like Spikes had. The surgery he had before this was for a knee injury. I think because it was a small tear and not a rupture, he'll come back strong.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I thought he had a surgery last year, thus my extreme pessimism.

Merriman had his chance, he is another player that cantg stay healthy. The Bills gave him 2 seasons and he still cant preform.

He still gets quite a bit of money from us even if we let him go, IIRC. We should should bring him back and see if he can at least keep the seat warm until a draft pick can play.

He still gets quite a bit of money from us even if we let him go, IIRC. We should should bring him back and see if he can at least keep the seat warm until a draft pick can play.

If im reading this correctly: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/buf/bills he'll make AT MOST $4.5 million next year, and that's IF he hits all his incentives...

Marcell singing the national anthem was hilarious, lol. Did u catch Kelsay's face??

Yeah. McKelvin looked at him too like he thought Dareus was joking or something. Marcel's singing was in the class of Fitz TD celebration.

I think Dareus can be as good as he wants to be.

If he shows the drive to become a better-conditioned, more explosive athlete, I think the sky's the limit.

I'm real curious why after weighing in at 319 pounds at the combine, that he is listed and plays at 340 pounds for the Bills.

I wonder whose idea it was for him to carry extra weight. While that extra weight does come in handy in some situations, IMO he'd be more effective if he carried a bit less.

Anyways, he's got great natural ability… incredible lateral movement for a man that size.

If im reading this correctly: http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/buf/bills he'll make AT MOST $4.5 million next year, and that's IF he hits all his incentives...

I think I read it differently. His base salary this year is guaranteed ($3M). Even if that's all he makes, I still think it's worth it to bring him back and see what he can do.

My favorite line comes 30 seconds into the video. He has the guys around him and he says "Let's do this for the fans". He gets it!

It's great that he's a vocal leader AND leads by example. When he first started playing I felt like he was good, but probably not as good as Suh. Now, you look at what a headcase Suh is and how he prides himself on being "evil" compared to the way Dareus carries himself. I think it's clear now that Dareus is a better team player and probably just as disruptive as Suh.

I think I read it differently. His base salary this year is guaranteed ($3M). Even if that's all he makes, I still think it's worth it to bring him back and see what he can do.

Yep, looks like his $3M base salary for 2012 is guaranteed, so he's coming back.