A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Congrats to Spencer Johnson on the big play. He is a high effort guy who is playing out of position. He looked really happy and I felt good for him.

2) I was ready to say nice things about Bell, but then I saw him walking off the field once again. Wow.

3) McKelvin is probably one of the fastest players in the NFL.

4) Call me an apologist, I don't care, but I cannot believe Fitz was throwing at full strength. His arm isn't THAT weak.

5) SJ and Nelson were getting open today. Sorry Mr. Wilson, receivers are not our biggest problem. Not even close.

6) Another probowl level game by Levitre. They need to rip up his contract and give him a new one.

7) Dwan Edwards is a player. He was personally responsible for one of the picks.

8) Hey CJ, nice game!!! He made people miss, and this is obviously important for smaller backs. Yes, he made some nice moves, and did so both on running and pass plays.

9) "I have seen where the wolf has slept by the silver stream.

I can tell by the mark he left you were in his dream.

Ah child of countless trees, ah child of boundless seas."

10) Kelsay? He played his heart out today and compiled some good numbers.

11) I got a text during the game from a huge Packer fan. He said that Raymer cost them a playoff spot years ago. I believe him.

12) The entire secondary played well today. Amazing what a pass rush will do for these guys, no?

13) Merry Christmas to all on TBD and you loved ones!!! It was nice to get an early gift from the Bills.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid fitz arm is that weak. Once teams had a chance to study film and took away short and intermediate routes he's been exposed.

the inability to step into throws - Simms nailed it. It's not arm strength, he can't step into his throw with defensive lineman in the way. He's hasn't been sacked a lot but he is hit nearly every throw. Video points this out, and as Simms said when he can step into the throw you see what he can do (on a square in to Johnson)

Edited by CardinalScotts

1) Congrats to Spencer Johnson on the big play. He is a high effort guy who is playing out of position. He looked really happy and I felt good for him.

2) I was ready to say nice things about Bell, but then I saw him walking off the field once again. Wow.

4) Call me an apologist, I don't care, but I cannot believe Fitz was throwing at full strength. His arm isn't THAT weak.

5) SJ and Nelson were getting open today. Sorry Mr. Wilson, receivers are not our biggest problem. Not even close.

6) Another probowl level game by Levitre. They need to rip up his contract and give him a new one.

7) Dwan Edwards is a player. He was personally responsible for one of the picks.

8) Hey CJ, nice game!!! He made people miss, and this is obviously important for smaller backs. Yes, he made some nice moves, and did so both on running and pass plays.

11) I got a text during the game from a huge Packer fan. He said that Raymer cost them a playoff spot years ago. I believe him.

12) The entire secondary played well today. Amazing what a pass rush will do for these guys, no?

13) Merry Christmas to all on TBD and you loved ones!!! It was nice to get an early gift from the Bills.

YES Edited by 3rdand12

the inability to step into throws - Simms nailed it. It's not arm strength, he can't step into his throw with defensive lineman in the way. He's hasn't been sacked a lot but he is hit nearly every throw. Video points this out, and as Simms said when he can step into the throw you see what he can do (on a square in to Johnson)

So is he screwed? Or if we get two new OL will that allow him to step into his throws?

Pass protection was better earlier in the season. Don't get me wrong Fitz doesn't have a cannon but he also isn't noodle armed either

Hello Bill,

1) Spencer Johnson - decent backup DE/ DT that can contribute on a rotation basis.

2) Bell - plays well when healthy. Cannot stay healthy. I see the Bills letting him walk.

3) McKelvin - fast, yes. Still question that marble inbetween his ears though.

4) Fitz - been injured in the ribs since the big hit in week 6. Story will be out after the season.

5) SJ and Nelson were getting open today. - Disagree. We have no speed at WR. None. After OLB, the WR position is the most critical to improve.

6) Another probowl level game by Levitre. - True. He is a keeper.

7) Dwan Edwards - uhh, Denver's OL made our defense look good. Edwards is a rotational DE at best.

8) CJ, - sees the field better with experience. Is learning to be patient. Has great speed, looked fantastic again. Needs more touches.

9) (break for Grateful Dead tribute)

10) Kelsay - one of our better DE's. Still not a OLB.

11) Raymer - about what you would expect from a waiver pick up. Marginal talent for the NFL. Strong leg but not consistent.

12) The entire secondary played well today. Amazing what a pass rush will do for these guys, no? - Your best comments so far.

13) Merry Christmas to all on TBD and you loved ones!!! It was nice to get an early gift from the Bills. - Merry Christmas!

Edited by Bob in STL

Cj Spiller can be a differense maker in an NFL game. CJ needed to gain confidence and needed to get his feet wet this year. CJ is showing signs that he is worth the # 9 pick in the draft. Not everyone can step on the field and become a superstar instantly in the NFL. I'm looking forward to seeing CJ grow and becoming a fine player in the NFL for the next 5 to 7 years!

Hopefully Chan will feed that ball to CJ more and more come next week. CJ can be a Patriot killer next week!

Byrd had another solid game. He has been the most consistent player on defense all season.

Somebody asked in a thread a week or so ago if there is anybody on the Bills that has pro-bowl talent. Jackson, Wood and Williams maybe, but they are all done for the year. I think Levitre is a possibility, and Byrd is another possibility. Byrd made the pro-bowl two years ago (as a rookie) basically because he had several flukey interceptions. At this point, he is truly a complete player. Pass and run coverage. He is a keeper!

In other words a weak arm. Anyone can heave it farther with a running start, life n the NFL is about doing it under pressure.

So is he screwed? Or if we get two new OL will that allow him to step into his throws?

Fitz does need to step into many throws. This is a fact and when he does, he has a nice short to medium range fastball. Yesterday he did not. He threw one out pattern on the left side at the feet of SJ, who appeared to be open.

I think the poster who states that the truth will come out about his condition is correct.

Hello Bill,

1) Spencer Johnson - decent backup DE/ DT that can contribute on a rotation basis.

2) Bell - plays well when healthy. Cannot stay healthy. I see the Bills letting him walk.

3) McKelvin - fast, yes. Still question that marble inbetween his ears though.

4) Fitz - been injured in the ribs since the big hit in week 6. Story will be out after the season.

5) SJ and Nelson were getting open today. - Disagree. We have no speed at WR. None. After OLB, the WR position is the most critical to improve.

6) Another probowl level game by Levitre. - True. He is a keeper.

7) Dwan Edwards - uhh, Denver's OL made our defense look good. Edwards is a rotational DE at best.

8) CJ, - sees the field better with experience. Is learning to be patient. Has great speed, looked fantastic again. Needs more touches.

9) (break for Grateful Dead tribute)

10) Kelsay - one of our better DE's. Still not a OLB.

11) Raymer - about what you would expect from a waiver pick up. Marginal talent for the NFL. Strong leg but not consistent.

12) The entire secondary played well today. Amazing what a pass rush will do for these guys, no? - Your best comments so far.

13) Merry Christmas to all on TBD and you loved ones!!! It was nice to get an early gift from the Bills. - Merry Christmas!

I agree. OLB 1st pick; and WR 2nd pick.

Great game yesterday..it's amazing how different the team looks when teh defense actually plays well and doesn't give up a TD on every single drive in the 1st half.

Go bills!

PS: Lindell, please get better fast!

Edited by bobobonators

CJ Spiller has the potential to be a star IF... Gailey will let him play & stop passing 50 times a game & Give him the ball at the goal line & stop putting Choice who would be nobodies "choice" in that situation otherwise we would have scored 60 yesterday