thewildrabbit

Look back at the recent history of the 49ers:

2005 4-12 HC Mike Nolan

2006 7-9 HC Mike Nolan

2007 5-11 HC Mike Nolan

2008 7-9 HC Mike Singletary

2009 8-8 HC Mike Singletary

2010 6-10 HC Mike Singletary 5-10 interim HC Jim Tomsula 1-0

Mediocre right? Middle of the pack to low end drafting right? About the same as the Buffalo Bills 7-9, 7-9. 7-9, 6-10, 4-12, right?

Look what a new head coach hire can do to a team, with NO OFF SEASON to speak of....One new HCing coaching hire in Jim Harbough and the team is not only in the playoffs but could be fighting for home field thru out.....amazing!

A top 5 defense that hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year! With Donte Whitner starting !

A refurbished failure of a QB who has basically stunk it up his entire career until he plays for a HC that knows how to set up the offense to help him.

Is Alex Smith suddenly an "elite" QB? Oh, but the team is winning, and is 11-3 under a new HC? He must be a an "elite" " Franchise" QB because a team can't win without one...

I don't understand this fan base, half the fans here think Gailey is doing good at 5-9. Half the fans here think Buddy Nix is doing a good job. Most of the fans are still blaming Jauron / Levy for lack of talent, and still state its lack of player talent that is responsible for all the losses

What a crock of horse-crap, its the lack of talent in coaching that has ruined this franchise over the last decade,and continues to ruin it, pure and simple.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have drafted well for a number of years. Guys like Crabtree and Willis and frank Gore is a top back in this league. Joe Staley at T and a couple good LBS. The only thing they really lacked was a decent safety and they signed 3 of them in the offseason.

Alex Smith was a number one pick. Sure he hasn't been lighting up the league but that was hardly due to lack of ability. A solid offensive line and a good running game can hide a lot of problems

2005 4-12 HC Mike Nolan

2006 7-9 HC Mike Nolan

2007 5-11 HC Mike Nolan

Mediocre right? Middle of the pack to low end drafting right? About the same as the Buffalo Bills 7-9, 7-9. 7-9, 6-10, 4-12, right?

Look what a new head coach hire can do to a team, with NO OFF SEASON to speak of....One new HCing coaching hire in Jim Harbough and the team is not only in the playoffs but could be fighting for home field thru out.....amazing!

A top 5 defense that hasn't allowed a rushing TD this year! With Donte Whitner starting !

A refurbished failure of a QB who has basically stunk it up his entire career until he plays for a HC that knows how to set up the offense to help him.

Is Alex Smith suddenly an "elite" QB? Oh, but the team is winning, and is 11-3 under a new HC? He must be a an "elite" " Franchise" QB because a team can't win without one...

I don't understand this fan base, half the fans here think Gailey is doing good at 5-9. Half the fans here think Buddy Nix is doing a good job. Most of the fans are still blaming Jauron / Levy for lack of talent, and still state its lack of player talent that is responsible for all the losses

What a crock of horse-crap, its the lack of talent in coaching that has ruined this franchise over the last decade,and continues to ruin it, pure and simple.

yes, Donte was awesome last night. i saw him jump on the pile at least twice. Please the reason they are where they are is not Donte Whitner.

Playing in the weakest division in football, mediocre teams can pull of 10+ wins. Just look at kansas city last year. My money is San Fran getting blown right away in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, the defense has played really well but I don't see the 49ers continuing this for multiple years. They are flawed offensively and the great teams in the NFC match up well to their defense because they are potent passing machines.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Hmmmm - a team formerly underachieving their talent, hitting their stride in the NFC west vs a team lacking talent in the afc east. They had stars that couldn't fit the pieces together right, we had scrappy overachievers hoping to keep up.

But similar records a few times!

Playing in the weakest division in football, mediocre teams can pull of 10+ wins. Just look at kansas city last year. My money is San Fran getting blown right away in the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, the defense has played really well but I don't see the 49ers continuing this for multiple years. They are flawed offensively and the great teams in the NFC match up well to their defense because they are potent passing machines.

Is it still the weakest division? St. Louis has sucked, but Arizona and Seattle are coming on strong down the stretch. By record, the worst division is the AFC South.

2005 4-12 HC Mike Nolan

2006 7-9 HC Mike Nolan

2007 5-11 HC Mike Nolan

yeah our roster was completely whipped out this year.

great defense is what keeps that team winning. Alex smith is the most sacked qb in the league. I think that team has had a bit of an easy schedule but what also is huge for them is they have something like a plus 25 turnover ratio. Smith has only throw 5 picks this year and frank gore with only 2 fumbles. Protect the ball and great defense will bring you wins.

mmm, horse crap...eat it up, yum...i've never slow cooked it in the crock pot though...but i have been eating it for 12 years now, thanks to our fine cook, Ralph Wilson.

Team needs to draft better. If they could put together 4 drafts where they found 12+ quality starters and acquired several free agent acquisitions to boost the roster they would be fine. Coaching is obviously huge but you need the talent to have any coach fulfill their potential. Gailey will get one more season but Nix needs to stack this roster by having an impact draft class and bringing in some free agents that make an impact.

The niners have been steadily building for some time. A lot of people predicted this season would have happened last year. They now have a number of great players but before that they were learning how to win. I'll never forget the loss to the niners in 08 at the Ralph. They had nothing to play for and had no players. I said to myself that is a team in the making. I give singletary most of the credit. For whatever reason it just didn't work last year. It's still his team.

2005 4-12 HC Mike Nolan

2006 7-9 HC Mike Nolan

2007 5-11 HC Mike Nolan

Look at what Houstons Defense has done with a single head coaching change.

See Ralph has always thought coaching was over rated and never wanted to pay big to get a really good or great one and get out of their way. Coaching is still vital in this league

Look at what Houstons Defense has done with a single head coaching change.

See Ralph has always thought coaching was over rated and never wanted to pay big to get a really good or great one and get out of their way. Coaching is still vital in this league

There's some sort of face palm involved in calling out Ralph for not being willing to hire a guy like wade Phillips right?

They have drafted well for a number of years. Guys like Crabtree and Willis and frank Gore is a top back in this league. Joe Staley at T and a couple good LBS. The only thing they really lacked was a decent safety and they signed 3 of them in the offseason.

Alex Smith was a number one pick. Sure he hasn't been lighting up the league but that was hardly due to lack of ability. A solid offensive line and a good running game can hide a lot of problems

crabtree isn't anything special for where he was picked, and i'd rather have fred jackson than frank gore

they are winning because of incredible talent on their front seven, but more importantly, a coach who knows how to harness it

i like gailey, and still believe he's a good offensive coach, but they need to bring in someone with more fire, especially on the defensive side

granted, talent is the most important thing on a team, but passion is right up there too...its something the bills have been lacking for a while now

Some nice responses, some with excuses, if ya like excuses....

What is it with the Buffalo Bills fans....do they suffer from a sort of bizarre paradoxical psychological phenomenon, like some variation of the Stockholm syndrome?

Have the fans been battered and beaten down for so long that 5 wins in a season is good enough? Are fans expressing empathy for the 3 headed monster at OBD that have held them captive for over a decade, so much so that they feel the need to defend them, and the people they hire?

sorry guys, but 4-11 to a probable 5-10 this year simply isn't near good enough for me, and never will be. To me coaching is everything! Jim Harbough just proved you don't need 3-5 years to turn around a bad team 6-10 last year with basically the same players to 11-3 so far this year

Some nice responses, some with excuses, if ya like excuses....

What is it with the Buffalo Bills fans....do they suffer from a sort of bizarre paradoxical psychological phenomenon, like some variation of the Stockholm syndrome?

Have the fans been battered and beaten down for so long that 5 wins in a season is good enough? Are fans expressing empathy for the 3 headed monster at OBD that have held them captive for over a decade, so much so that they feel the need to defend them, and the people they hire?

sorry guys, but 4-11 to a probable 5-10 this year simply isn't near good enough for me, and never will be. To me coaching is everything! Jim Harbough just proved you don't need 3-5 years to turn around a bad team 6-10 last year with basically the same players to 11-3 so far this year

Dude. Just give it 12 more years. The Bills will be a 6-10 before ya know it!

actually, 8 of their 11 wins are outside their division

in any case, the point isn't whether they'd get beat down in the first round or not (and i don't think they will, regardless)...its comparing them to the bills

and if the nfc west is as bad as you claim (and it has been in recent years), it can be argued that the niners were actually worse than the bills over the past few seasons