Some observations from Row 5

TPS

We sat right behind the Fins bench around the 20-yard line. After the nice 7-0 Spiller-led start, it was pretty much all down hill from there.

The attitude of the team is pretty listless, to say the least. I commented several times during the game that the defense (especially) looked like they were out there to collect a paycheck and go home. So much for Gailey's mantra: "It's a tough game for tough people." Where's the toughness coach?

The other comment I made on several occasions, "Why the Hell did he try to throw it in the middle of three defenders?!" I also had no idea who a couple of the Bills WRs were yesterday.

A question: Why is it that you can't tackle a guy out of bounds, but it is ok to block/run a guy into the bench? (not that I didn't mind seeing florence get plastered).

I was so disgusted that I decided not spend the $8 on a beer inside the stadium. Like Kelsey's reaction, this is a beaten team. No one seems to be trying to change the mentality, so it's really hard to care when the players don't seem to...

Since you were near the dolphins bench... Did the Dolphins get down on themselves after Spiller scored? I doubt it. At what point in the game did it seem like the Dolphins knew they had a victory and started acting happy? From the beginning? Was it obvious that they believed in themselves, and showed enthusiasm and team spirit? For some reason, those things seem to be missing from the Bills lately.

Since you were near the dolphins bench... Did the Dolphins get down on themselves after Spiller scored? I doubt it. At what point in the game did it seem like the Dolphins knew they had a victory and started acting happy? From the beginning? Was it obvious that they believed in themselves, and showed enthusiasm and team spirit? For some reason, those things seem to be missing from the Bills lately.

They never looked down; they seemed pretty confident the whole game.

It would've been more interesting to be on the Bills sideline to see their body language and interaction up close. And they probably would've heard me when I yelled "put someone out there on defense with some balls! Like the Jills..."

Bills do appear to have quit. I have to say that they never looked this hopeless and unmotivated when losing under Jauron.

This is the thing that concerns me about Coach Gailey. He seems to have lost the team. Not sure what happened. I know we got injuries but there is no excuse for the way we've been playing. And Coach Gailey seems to have no answer.

The way he looks in the post game press conferences I'm wondering if might want to retire after the season.

If he's been saving up his cripsy bills from coaching he could have a nice retirement somewhere.

As you say we had seasons with a ton of Injuries but the guys played hard for Dick.

It'll be interesting to see how they play IF chan comes back next year. As I see it now, he's a goner. He's lost the team entirely.

I don't think he will be fired. But I'm starting to wonder if might retire after the season's over. Watching in those post game press conferences he looks awful. He can't be enjoying this. If he's been saving up his Benjamin's from coaching he could have a nice retirement.

I don't have any inside info or anything, just a hunch.

This is the thing that concerns me about Coach Gailey. He seems to have lost the team. Not sure what happened. I know we got injuries but there is no excuse for the way we've been playing. And Coach Gailey seems to have no answer.

The way he looks in the post game press conferences I'm wondering if might want to retire after the season.

If he's been saving up his cripsy bills from coaching he could have a nice retirement somewhere.

As you say we had seasons with a ton of Injuries but the guys played hard for Dick.

This is what has happened, IMO. Gailey is not leading. The team sees that he doesn't know what to do from here except treat the rest of the season like a long preseason and have lost hope and motivation as a result.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out at season's end that Gailey largely lost the team. That happens when the coach shows an inability to adapt to anything thrown at him and change his strategy accordingly. More damningly, it happens when the players start to wonder WTF the coach is doing when he refuses to continue doing what works (in this case running Spiller).

We sat right behind the Fins bench around the 20-yard line. After the nice 7-0 Spiller-led start, it was pretty much all down hill from there.

The attitude of the team is pretty listless, to say the least. I commented several times during the game that the defense (especially) looked like they were out there to collect a paycheck and go home. So much for Gailey's mantra: "It's a tough game for tough people." Where's the toughness coach?

The other comment I made on several occasions, "Why the Hell did he try to throw it in the middle of three defenders?!" I also had no idea who a couple of the Bills WRs were yesterday.

A question: Why is it that you can't tackle a guy out of bounds, but it is ok to block/run a guy into the bench? (not that I didn't mind seeing florence get plastered).

I was so disgusted that I decided not spend the $8 on a beer inside the stadium. Like Kelsey's reaction, this is a beaten team. No one seems to be trying to change the mentality, so it's really hard to care when the players don't seem to...

Once the Bills were ahead by 7 points did the Dolphins stop running the ball with Reggie Bush and just go to shotgun passing plays all game like the Bills would have done? ...hell no! 203 yards from Bush. Spiller was on his way to a similar day, but Gailey being the putz he is ...stopped running Spiller and started throwing.

Doncha know Gailey is saving Spiller because he is frail...

I don't think he will be fired. But I'm starting to wonder if might retire after the season's over. Watching in those post game press conferences he looks awful. He can't be enjoying this. If he's been saving up his Benjamin's from coaching he could have a nice retirement.

I don't have any inside info or anything, just a hunch.

I've been thinking that as well. He looks like a beaten and battered old man lately.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he calls it a career after this season.

you could make everyone of those observations watching the game on the TV or hell even listening to the game on the radio. you dont have to be at the game to point that out.

As a season ticket holder that makes an 8 hour drive, round trip, to attend games, I am sure glad I passed on that pathetic display. The season is lost and like many others posting, I believe Gailey has lost the team. The heart, if there was any, is gone.