I'm having a hard time...

...in trying to talk myself into coming back as a fan of this team next season. I've been a diehard fan since 1988. I've seen a lot of good, but over the course of the last 12 years, seen way more bad. I even promised a boycott for the final three games this year, but I caved and turned the game on today. And guess what happened?...well, you know what happened. If I was the owner of this team, or the GM, I'd really have to put myself in the fans' shoes. What reason do I/we give the great, loyal fan base of the Buffalo Bills to come back next year? Its been 12 years since we've been in the playoffs. We've had one winning season in that span. How in the world do we even get half of the people in the seats at the stadium? Is it REALLY this difficult to build a winner? To get competent and relavant football minds to run this team? To actually sign people who can play and, or more importantly WANT to play here? To actually HIT on a single draft pick?

Guys, this is ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm beating the already perverbial "dead horse" here. But year after year of watching meaningless football into December is wearing on this particular, loyal Bills fan. This year really felt different. Do we really deserve this? Haven't we been through enough? Wide Right...Four Superbowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and now, 12 years and counting without a playoff berth.

We've given so much passion, loyalty and committment to a team that year in and year out gives us virtually nothing in return...

And I just don't know if I can do it again...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably not gonna be very helpful to you, but most of us will carry on without you.

I'm not saying that we're better… only that I think a lot of fans here don't consider being a Bills fan to be a choice.

More power to you if you're not emotionally or psychologically enslaved to the Bills.

Sorry, we've decided to use the franchise tag on you, so you're obligated for at least one more year.

Needed a laugh. Good one!

...in trying to talk myself into coming back as a fan of this team next season. I've been a diehard fan since 1988. I've seen a lot of good, but over the course of the last 12 years, seen way more bad. I even promised a boycott for the final three games this year, but I caved and turned the game on today. And guess what happened?...well, you know what happened. If I was the owner of this team, or the GM, I'd really have to put myself in the fans' shoes. What reason do I/we give the great, loyal fan base of the Buffalo Bills to come back next year? Its been 12 years since we've been in the playoffs. We've had one winning season in that span. How in the world do we even get half of the people in the seats at the stadium? Is it REALLY this difficult to build a winner? To get competent and relavant football minds to run this team? To actually sign people who can play and, or more importantly WANT to play here? To actually HIT on a single draft pick?

Guys, this is ridiculous. I know, I know, I'm beating the already perverbial "dead horse" here. But year after year of watching meaningless football into December is wearing on this particular, loyal Bills fan. This year really felt different. Do we really deserve this? Haven't we been through enough? Wide Right...Four Superbowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and now, 12 years and counting without a playoff berth.

We've given so much passion, loyalty and committment to a team that year in and year out gives us virtually nothing in return...

A die hard fan since 88 you say. My God man you're still a virgin. Grow a pair. What is going on with fandom? Must be a generational thing.

A die hard fan since 88 you say. My God man you're still a virgin. Grow a pair. What is going on with fandom? Must be a generational thing.

I have been bashing this team left and right. Saying to my friends that they are a bunch of losers and how "the old man" is the reason why we are failures. I'll even go so far to say that I hope we lose to Tim Tebow and the Broncos next week because I love the way that John Fox utilizes his unique QB.

The thing is, I can't root for another team. I don't care about any other NFL team - I want to see this organization succeed and I've been a fan for 20 years. Until then though I'll continue to whine and complain about how bad this organization is -- but only because I WANT to see them succeed.

You know it sucks watching this team continue to fail year after year. This is the most abusive relationship Ive ever been a part of. But I come back every year because when it finally does happen and we have a great season it will feel so much sweeter.

The first half of this season was the most fun I've had in a long time. I loved every minute of those games. Finally beating the Patriots and in the way we did? Just unreal. I saved my ticket and i was proud to be there. And ill be there every sunday I can because I love it.

I brought my girlfriend to her first game today. I saw how happy it made her to see the stadium loud when we scored, hear the shout song and have a game in the snow. Even tho they played horrible and we lost it was a fun day and fun game. Honestly I wouldn't trade my sundays for anything else. I love it, I love football and I love the Bills. Ill be there on Saturday. If you don't come anymore, I won't try to stop you. These losses hurt more and more every time. i get it. But honestly I feel like you be the one who loses out.

If yu think that you can just "find another team" then go ahead and do it. I would love to be able to follow another team....can't do it though.

...in trying to talk myself into coming back as a fan of this team next season.

What in gods name does a statement like this even mean? Trying to convince yourself to come back as a fan??

What's your alternative, become a Jets fan?

If you have to contemplate "coming back as a fan" you never were one...

. . . I think you are looking for "proverbial." As in something that is based on a proverb, or sounds like that kind of handed-down wisdom or fable.

I dont think you mean to suggest that its something done by perverts.

Carry on, sir.

Edited by maddenboy

Fandom is not mandatory. It is a choice.

PTR

I don't know. I am pretty sure there is something in my dna that makes rooting for the bills the only choice. I mean, I would love to jump ship and root for a winner like the packers. Buuut, i just can't. The bills are in my dna and there is no science that can cure me :(

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I'm worried about passing it to my progeny, so I'd consider an elective surgery.

That's considerate.

Did you ever see "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?"

Only if they told us it would give the bills a super bowl win. Of course they would be lying, but we couldn't pass that up.

But we'd no longer be fans so we wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Tough decision.