James Harrison speaks his mind.

Section 237

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Golick was talking on Mike and Mike this morning about how many (including himself) are not happy with how "soft" the league is becoming in many ways. BUT, as he says, them's the rules, and if Harrison insists on continuing to play this way, he is hurting his team.

Indeed, if I was a Steelers fan, after wiping the drool off my chin and adjusting my velcro sneakers, I'd be very upset with Harrison and the impact of his stubbornness.

Im against the "softening" of the game, but what Harrison is doing is dangerous and borders on assault. The way he plays is not the way people are taught to play, as a matter of fact it's how people are taught NOT to play.

He purposely tackles in a very unsafe manner. He could tackle clean but he chooses not to. He's short so why cant he go low?

He's been fined/penalized 5 times. He's talked to the NFL. He's talked to the Steelers organization. Tomlin himself said the hit was illegal and he needed to pay the consequences.

He should have been suspended for 4 games and maybe appealed it down to 2. Next time he should be banned.

What Harrison's cheap shots boil down to is a lack of respect for his fellow players. And there's a big difference between headhunting and playing physical.

When's it going to end? When he breaks somebody's neck and paralyzes the guy? I say next time its 8 games and fine the Steelers a percentage of their revenue sharing. That will get the point across.....

What Harrison's cheap shots boil down to is a lack of respect for his fellow players. And there's a big difference between headhunting and playing physical.

When's it going to end? When he breaks somebody's neck and paralyzes the guy? I say next time its 8 games and fine the Steelers a percentage of their revenue sharing. That will get the point across.....

Exactly! I meant to touch on that myself. It's crazy that any other player in the league would support him as he is purposely cheap-shoting guys and potentially causing serious, long lasting damage.

Agreed on the difference as well. Look at how Byrd tackles, great form and lots of power. And he's just a little guy. If Harrison would stop being a thug for 5 minutes and tackle properly, he'd find that he could hit guys even harder, legally.

I like your ideas for what happens next time. The only problem is the league allowing a next time to happen. I have a feeling there will always be a next time until a player gets seriously injured.

I wish we had a player that had a inch of the guts he has

guts to consistently break the rules which ends in a suspension? great team player

dont get me wrong, id like a guy with his (eventual) talent on the Bills. but the guy is a joke.

as Stephen A Smith just said "All we're asking him to do is go low. That's it. It should have been a 2 game suspension."

How can anyone be against what he said?

That hit on McCoy was legal 4 years ago. Now its not. People want to call Harrison a head hunter, but thats what the media praised him for with DPOY award. The Rooney's rewarded him with a huge contract. Everyone loved his aggression and his passion. Now he's a danger to the game?

Fans have become so fickle now, it's taken all the fun out of the game.