Let the Mock Drafting Begin

My link

My link

My link

These guys are all basically consistent in their predictions....the Bills will take a outside linebacker, unless Reiff is available to fill the RT slot...but keep in mind, this is the Bills we are talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger on a 204 pound long snapper from Eastern Carolina School of Agriculture with arthritis in his knees.

Edited by BringBackFergy

My link

My link

My link

These guys are all basically consistent in their predictions....the Bills will take a outside linebacker, unless Reiff is available to fill the RT slot...but keep in mind, this is the Bills we are talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger on a 204 pound long snapper from Eastern Carolina School of Agriculture with arthritis in his knees.

links dont work

Edited by It's in My Blood

Only hope is to keep sucking and hope Barkley or Griffin fall to us and become the next great QB. Any other pick besides QB is just another year of polishing the turd that is this franchise.

quoted for damn truth!

I will take Barley/Griffin/Jones in the first and consider it our greatest draft in the past 10 years since we actually took a chance at something!

quoted for damn truth!

I will take Barley/Griffin/Jones in the first and consider it our greatest draft in the past 10 years since we actually took a chance at something!

I guess you've forgotten that JP Losman was taken by the Bills in the 1st round of the 2004 draft?

Granted it was a "Swing-and-a-miss. Strike three!!"

I did a little calculation and had some fun with the drafttek big board. I projected the Bills to have the 10th pick and did not reach for any players currently rated above that and this is what I came up with.

(pick is overall number)

10 - Courtney Upshaw Alablama 3-4 OLB

42 - Zebrie Sanders FSU Left OT

74 - Cliff Harris Oregon CB (rated 73rd but RG3 is 74 no way is he still there)

106 - Kellen Moore Boise QB

127 - Matt Conrath UVA 3-4 DE (Ravens Pick)

138 - Ryan Broyles Oklahoma WR

170 - N. Jean-Baptiste Baylor NT

202 - Julian Miller WVU 3-4 OLB

234 - Landon Walker Clemson Left OT

This would be a pretty good draft and would fill a couple of Buddy requirements. I have a db, a middle round wr, and a clemson player.

On a serious note this would address our pass rush, our secondary, our front 7 (4 picks), give us a qb of the future (I think Moore is going to be a stud - great decision making and accuracy only question is his height), speed at the wr position (and Broyles is a monster as anyone who watches OU will tell you), o-line depth (two left tackles I know but many college tackles move inside to play guard and it is a very important position so why not have a bit of depth!)

So what do you guys think? Should I submit my application to 1 Bills Drive and clear the last weekend of April - Or not quit my day job haha

I did a little calculation and had some fun with the drafttek big board. I projected the Bills to have the 10th pick and did not reach for any players currently rated above that and this is what I came up with.

(pick is overall number)

10 - Courtney Upshaw Alablama 3-4 OLB

42 - Zebrie Sanders FSU Left OT

74 - Cliff Harris Oregon CB (rated 73rd but RG3 is 74 no way is he still there)

106 - Kellen Moore Boise QB

127 - Matt Conrath UVA 3-4 DE (Ravens Pick)

138 - Ryan Broyles Oklahoma WR

170 - N. Jean-Baptiste Baylor NT

202 - Julian Miller WVU 3-4 OLB

234 - Landon Walker Clemson Left OT

This would be a pretty good draft and would fill a couple of Buddy requirements. I have a db, a middle round wr, and a clemson player.

On a serious note this would address our pass rush, our secondary, our front 7 (4 picks), give us a qb of the future (I think Moore is going to be a stud - great decision making and accuracy only question is his height), speed at the wr position (and Broyles is a monster as anyone who watches OU will tell you), o-line depth (two left tackles I know but many college tackles move inside to play guard and it is a very important position so why not have a bit of depth!)

So what do you guys think? Should I submit my application to 1 Bills Drive and clear the last weekend of April - Or not quit my day job haha

I'm with you on our draft position...the websites I quoted above had us at 13th...I think 10 is a better bet and we may even slide to 9th or 8th - as we slide, the Cards and Rams may pick up a few more wins. At this point, I can only hope get a better draft pick than to win a few useless games and sustain more injuries.

I'm with you on our draft position...the websites I quoted above had us at 13th...I think 10 is a better bet and we may even slide to 9th or 8th - as we slide, the Cards and Rams may pick up a few more wins. At this point, I can only hope get a better draft pick than to win a few useless games and sustain more injuries.

Yeah I did my best evaluation of the rest of the season and figured anywhere from 7-10th pick was attainable losing the rest of the games (it's not Sunday so that's what I'm rooting for - on Sundays I can't help but root for the w) and I really would be pleased with the results of my mock...

Pretty sure we won't get into the top 8, but if all the stud QB's are taken, and assuming there are still numerous OLB's on the board that we like, do we entertain a move down the draft board and pick up an extra second round pick from someone?

For example, Let's say we are drafting at 8 and Dallas at 16 really wants to take a CB there, do we swap our 8th pick for their 16th and take their second round pick (not sure if that is equal value or not)....I wouldn't do it - I'd rather take the absolute best player on the board for a position of need, but knowing how these things shake out, Gotta think this will happen with a few teams.

Pretty sure we won't get into the top 8, but if all the stud QB's are taken, and assuming there are still numerous OLB's on the board that we like, do we entertain a move down the draft board and pick up an extra second round pick from someone?

For example, Let's say we are drafting at 8 and Dallas at 16 really wants to take a CB there, do we swap our 8th pick for their 16th and take their second round pick (not sure if that is equal value or not)....I wouldn't do it - I'd rather take the absolute best player on the board for a position of need, but knowing how these things shake out, Gotta think this will happen with a few teams.

Take a look at the standings dude. I see 8th, or as high as 6th!