Let the Mock Drafting Begin

My link

My link

My link

These guys are all basically consistent in their predictions....the Bills will take a outside linebacker, unless Reiff is available to fill the RT slot...but keep in mind, this is the Bills we are talking about, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger on a 204 pound long snapper from Eastern Carolina School of Agriculture with arthritis in his knees.

... And the Buffalo Bills select RB Trent Richardson university of Alabama.

Which would be a great pick if we didn't have so many other needs.

BTW your avatar is awesome.

... And the Buffalo Bills select RB Trent Richardson university of Alabama.

Which would be a great pick if we didn't have so many other needs.

BTW your avatar is awesome.

Would be a great pick, if he could play both ways and rush the passer on defense

Thanks re. Avatar....big fan of K Greene as well.

Bills need to lose against Miami...period. With a new coach going to the Dolphins, they are picking a QB if they land ahead of us. RG III is going to Miami or Buffalo - book it! You know Chan could do wonders with a kid like that and he does not even need to start until 2013. This team needs a game changer and unless they are getting 2 OLBs in the first round, this team will suck for more than just next year alone. Build for 2013 and GET YOUR GUY!

over the years, i've found this site to be pretty reliable. they do their homework and update often. walter football

bad news, in my opinion: it has the bills drafting ND WR michael floyd in the first round.

i'm sure that will change as the draft order shakes out.

if you click on the Mock Drafts button on the left side, you'll see they do a pretty good job of aggregating mock drafts around the web. EDIT: nevermind that doesnt seem to work - here's the page with all the mocks: http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

i think bills should go QB first round. prob not drafting high enough to get RG III but i'd try to trade up. if he's unavailable, i go OLB. and the OLB cant be just a pass rusher, bills need a good all around olb that can cover also.

can we draft a defensive coordinator????

Edited by uncle flap

over the years, i've found this site to be pretty reliable. they do their homework and update often. walter football

bad news, in my opinion: it has the bills drafting ND WR michael floyd in the first round.

i'm sure that will change as the draft order shakes out.

if you click on the Mock Drafts button on the left side, you'll see they do a pretty good job of aggregating mock drafts around the web.

i think bills should go QB first round. prob not drafting high enough to get RG III but i'd try to trade up. if he's unavailable, i go OLB. and the OLB cant be just a pass rusher, bills need a good all around olb that can cover also.

can we draft a defensive coordinator????

Unfortunately, that will be a hefty price. We're talking something like trading the Rams our 2012 1st and 2nd and 2013 1st and 2nd.

It could be worth it if he's a true franchise guy, but that's what we're looking at. I agree with them that the Jaguars (with a new head coach) are going to dump Gabbert and pick another 1st round QB.

There will probably be about four or five teams looking for a QB ahead of the Bills.

Bills wont trade up Buddy says he likes to stay where he is and let the draft play itself out. Also even back to the san diego days (and easley here) the drafts he is involved in have wrs taken in the middle rounds. I feel pretty confident it wont be a wr in round one.

I wouldnt mind a qb round one but only out of Barkley, RG3, and Luck. Im not sold on Jones as a qb (although he does have an alltime great football name - have to think he will end up on the cowboys with that name) as OU qbs have a spotty track record (even bradford is struggling mightily this year although admittedly with no weapons to speak of besides lloyd and sjax). Also I hate the idea of drafting the fourth best prospect at a position when there are so many holes on this team (Losman anyone). I would much prefer the number one olb or a top ranked player at a position of need. Top OTs will already be gone so maybe a DE or NT to really stack our dline.

I really dont care who they take as long as its a stud, not a rb/wr, and actually pans out!

There are like 6 teams ahead of us that need QB's too. We ain't getting squat in Rd1 for QB.

Losing to the Dolphins will be a big "help".

Seattle's going to pass us.

Don't know if Cleveland is thinking QB - but suspect they are "better" than us on tie-breakers.

I would expect the loser this weekend to be the third team looking for a QB - behind the Colts and Redskins.

anything other than a qb is nuts.. a elite qb is hard to find and there are 3 ths yr.. its one of few times u can draft a qb at around 1o and get a stud.. if we dont get one now chan wont be around to see another chance.. Chan's offense is a QB friendly O and allows alot of 1st and 2nd reads.. a college QB thats used to flinging the ball and used to alot of screens who be a legit ROY candidate under chan.. chan has gotten garbage QB's to be average.. hes never had a top notch prospect to work with.. Fitz just has too many 3 and outs and misses the throw down field.. a playoff qb makes those throws regularly. D can be spent on rest of draft and maybe package pciks and get back in at late first and pick a stud pass rusher but we must get a 1st round QB.

we need a WR in FA more than anything.. resigning Freddy and stevie.. stevie scares me a little but he is the typical diva WR and thats just a position if u want good WR's u need a swagger to them but we need to pair him up with another talanted WR on other side, guys like meachem, vincent and desean jackson will all be available.. spend the money, who cares if they are head cases.. most good WR are morons.. ur TEAM guys need to be on D and QB and RB.. and we have few legit players on D.. D is MUCH more fixable than #'s show..

change D to a real 4-3, no more hybrid crap..

DL, 2nd or 3 rd round pick at DE.. PASS RUSHER type., williams and darues at DT and kelsay would would be at least serviceable on other side of D. kelsay plays a good robin when we have a good rusher on other side like when we had schobel.. thats a solid d line..

LB's barnett to man the middle.. best FA we have brought in , in a while.. let shepp, merriman and other young guys battle it out and merriman will be gone. i can see shepp moving outside in a 43.. a high motor guy thats been average so far but has shown good flashes and hes an LSU guy.. we cant discredit guys than played on WINNING d's in college like him and dareus and throw our 2nd pick whther we trade back into first or use our early 2nd on OLB thats a TRUE pass rusher... good yr to get OLB at 2nd round... lots of "good" guys but no clear cut top 10 which fits our posistion in draft prefectly.

Secondary..

start at safety, cuz its solved. Byrd is a good FS and wilson has been the nicest surprise and searcy has been above action being thrown in action with a team that has to cover all day cuz we have to pass rush..

corners: mcgee is done. florence is a serviceable 2nd at best, more suited for a 3rd corner.. williams should start next yr, and CB have best jump from rookie to 2nd with a full offseason.. williams also played at a bigtime school in Texas as was worth the 2nd round pick.. NO MORE bums or projects on D like troupe.. Draft guys that had to play at high level... he dont have a good enough talent like other teams that find diamonds in rough.. we botch these picks often..

to sum up. D can be solved by 1 maybe 2 vets FA at low to mid cost and SMART drafting... get a vet Oline and a guy like hairston again in 4th who can show promise. but again, draft a guy from a good school. no project.. and QBQBQBQB in 1st.. do whatever is needed to get barkley or RG3 they will be our QB for 15 yrs.. they are both as close to cant miss prospect QB that arent #1 overall guy.. and both would fit chans system perfect

Pretty sure we won't get into the top 8, but if all the stud QB's are taken, and assuming there are still numerous OLB's on the board that we like, do we entertain a move down the draft board and pick up an extra second round pick from someone?

For example, Let's say we are drafting at 8 and Dallas at 16 really wants to take a CB there, do we swap our 8th pick for their 16th and take their second round pick (not sure if that is equal value or not)....I wouldn't do it - I'd rather take the absolute best player on the board for a position of need, but knowing how these things shake out, Gotta think this will happen with a few teams.

That would be a good strategy for most team but this is the Bills we are talking about. Instead of trading down like they should do they will trade up & then draft some undersize linebacker that has a real high motor from East Bumf*ck State that noone else had projected to go in the top 5 rounds. Then after they pick him the cameras will show Gailey/Nix/Brandon & the rest of the morons high fiving each other like they just pulled the wool over the rest of the NFL.

quoted for damn truth!

I will take Barley/Griffin/Jones in the first and consider it our greatest draft in the past 10 years since we actually took a chance at something!

We either need to: (1) take a QB with our pick; or (2) trade down and take a pass rushing LB to a team that needs a QB and demand their 1st and 2nd this year and 1st next year. No one takes that deal, draft the QB.

1. OLB Courtney Upshaw. Alabama

2. CB Chase Minifield. Virginia.

3. OT Drake Datko. Florida St.

4. WR Dwight Jones. North Carolina.

4b.QB. Kelin Moore. Boise St.

5. WR. Ryan Broyles. Oklahoma.

6. OLB Adrian Robinson. Temple

7. CB Casey Hayward. Vanderbilt.

Is Casey Hayward related to the Steelers DE and son of Ironhead Hayward?

Not a fan of tannehill seems to do not so well against elite competition. Would much prefer Moore who could prob be had in the 4th.

tallenhill is useless.. had a good team and good WR and still couldnt win this yr.. WE NEED A WINNER.. someone that is used to winning, not someone talented that COULD work out... if we cant get barkley or RG3 u take jones.. u just have to have a top flight QB, and im far from sold on jones but hes played VERY good competition.. had to deal with a ton of injuries to key weapons all yr and still have a great yr. if oklahoma was healthy all yr they are best team in nation. chan is a QB guy.. he needs a mega talent and then tweak to the offense to work with guys skill set. then just draft D , D and more D and get a mid round OL we need 2 pass rushers one on DL 1 at OLB and go back to 4-3.. it seems so damn simple and dont understand how it is so evident and a front office cant fix it, we have had 3-4 yr leashes, chan and buddy better realize we are gonna now have back to back top 10 picks with their regime... record wise we are no better than under donahoe.. at least donahoe had balls to spend money and bring in players..

Buddy's time is now... better not be sleeping and watching every tape of the qb's out there and DIND a way to get one of those big boys in draft. only way we are a winning team with chan as head coach is to be a top 10 offense and solid D.. hes not the kind of coach that wants to win games -13-10.. he needs a QB that is the best talent on ur team

I did a little calculation and had some fun with the drafttek big board. I projected the Bills to have the 10th pick and did not reach for any players currently rated above that and this is what I came up with.

(pick is overall number)

10 - Courtney Upshaw Alablama 3-4 OLB

42 - Zebrie Sanders FSU Left OT

74 - Cliff Harris Oregon CB (rated 73rd but RG3 is 74 no way is he still there)

106 - Kellen Moore Boise QB

127 - Matt Conrath UVA 3-4 DE (Ravens Pick)

138 - Ryan Broyles Oklahoma WR

170 - N. Jean-Baptiste Baylor NT

202 - Julian Miller WVU 3-4 OLB

234 - Landon Walker Clemson Left OT

This would be a pretty good draft and would fill a couple of Buddy requirements. I have a db, a middle round wr, and a clemson player.

On a serious note this would address our pass rush, our secondary, our front 7 (4 picks), give us a qb of the future (I think Moore is going to be a stud - great decision making and accuracy only question is his height), speed at the wr position (and Broyles is a monster as anyone who watches OU will tell you), o-line depth (two left tackles I know but many college tackles move inside to play guard and it is a very important position so why not have a bit of depth!)

So what do you guys think? Should I submit my application to 1 Bills Drive and clear the last weekend of April - Or not quit my day job haha

Good Draft! My two disclaimers are that I love any mock made with DraftTek's simulator (it's easy, isn't it?), and the fact hat my son lives in Boise and sees all of Kellen Moore's games. What's good about your draft is that it picks value players right to the end. I'd get seasons with a draft like that! :thumbsup:

We either need to: (1) take a QB with our pick; or (2) trade down and take a pass rushing LB to a team that needs a QB and demand their 1st and 2nd this year and 1st next year. No one takes that deal, draft the QB.

Is Casey Hayward related to the Steelers DE and son of Ironhead Hayward?

You're thinking of Cameron Heyward.

Good Draft! My two disclaimers are that I love any mock made with DraftTek's simulator (it's easy, isn't it?), and the fact hat my son lives in Boise and sees all of Kellen Moore's games. What's good about your draft is that it picks value players right to the end. I'd get seasons with a draft like that! :thumbsup:

You're thinking of Cameron Heyward.

Thanks for the props on the draft but I didn't use the simulator I just scrolled through and picked players in an acceptable range according to my estimated finish... I was intrigued by rg3 being ranked 74th does there simulator base on projected draft pick or overall ranking it seems he is thought to be a top 10 pick or have they not been updated recently? I would be very happy with that draft for my previously stated reasons!