Does JP Losman get the start next week?

billsfan76

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this much - losing to the Fish again would vault the Bills "ahead" of one of three teams they might be competing with to draft a top QB.

The Colts are a no brainer to take Luck. The Bills beat the 'Skins and I doubt they'll win two more, so there's no way 'Skins and Colts don't grab the first two.

Barkley and Griffin are next in either order, and the Dolphins and Redskins are the two teams who need a QB.

Maybe Seattle or Philly or the Browns are in the mix.

I pray we draft a QB, there's some good ones coming out this year and I'm fine to let Fitz start next season, screw up, and then put the new kid in right around the end of November when hope is lost. Not like it matters where we draft though, we haven't hit on pick in my lifetime.

You know what is wrong with me? How about the fact that my family has been a season ticket holder since day one in 1960? What's wrong with me? I would say that I can't believe I still get upset after seeing crap season after crap season? What's wrong with me? Not sure - maybe you should be asking what's wrong with the team. OK, does this look better....let's win a meaningless game against a crap team so we can feel like they are something they are not.Would I rather lose to Miami if it means having a shot at one of the top QBS or game changing ILB? You better believe it. Am I insane that I will still be going to this game hoping they lose? Probably.......

How about we change the culture here. No game is meaningless any more. You want this team to continue to suck? Then hope they lose out. A blue chip player isnt going to change the culture here, winning games will

Actually, I watched the game yesterday with zero emotion and really was not too involved at all. What I am hoping is that I CAN get emotional about them again (if that makes sense).

It makes perfect sense, actually. :thumbsup:

I pray we draft a QB, there's some good ones coming out this year and I'm fine to let Fitz start next season, screw up, and then put the new kid in right around the end of November when hope is lost. Not like it matters where we draft though, we haven't hit on pick in my lifetime.

Where in the organizational history of the Buffalo Bills do you see that they would take a quarterback at a juncture like this? Recent history with Edwards, Lossman, Holcomb, etc. shows that when a Bills QB tanks everyone can see that he's not going to be the guy to build around except the Bills front office. No matter how poorly and inconsistently a QB plays, the front office always seems to hold onto that one 3 to 5 game stretch where he played well thinking all he needs is a little more time to be the quarterback of the future - how's that been working out for us? That Fitzpatrick showed some sort of spark earlier in the season will certainly keep him as the Bills starting QB until even his biggest supporters can't deny that it's not going to work and we throw the next mid to late round draft pick QB shlub in and the cycle begins anew.

The last time we drafted a QB with our first overall pick was Kelly right? Just saying...

Actually, no. The Bills had two 1st Rounders in 1983 and chose Notre Dame TE (and NFL bust) Tony Hunter with the first and then took Kelly later in the round...so, they couldn't even get that right. :oops:

I truly hope Losman has a good game.

It's not like Maybin or one of these ex-Bills I hate. He's a guy who's easy to like.

Losman wasn't the long-term answer here or anywhere else--but he's hopefully turning himself into a decent back-up journeyman QB.

Eh. The failing of a 1st round QB sets a franchise back much further than a 1st round DE. Losman was the Rosie O'Donnell of a 2004 QB class of models. I don't hate the guy but I'm not rooting for him at all. As bad as Fitz has been lately, he isn't as close to the awfulness of some classic Losman games.

I'll never root for the Bills to lose but honestly, I won't be devastated if they did. At this point, I want Miami to leap frog us.

As for Losman, just play a deep cover 2 and force him to throw underneath. And maybe he can clean the city of Buffalo for old time sakes.

I agree. On Sunday morning from the time I wake up until game time I am hoping for a Bills win. During the game I am rooting for a win. Once its over (now that they are officially out of the playoffs) I will be happier with a loss. Monday through saturday I hope they lose the upcoming game. I dont think meaningless wins change the culture I do KNOW they give you a lower pick and less of a chance to get a stud with your first pick. Also it is no secret Miami needs a QB and they will probably actually do something about it and get one. Lets just hope its after the Bills have been given the option to take one if there is a good one (Barkley or RG3) available.

6 teams from each conference make the playoffs... once its not possible why would a team not want the best possible draft pick?