Aaron Maybin - 9th ranked in the NFL at applying pressure to the QB

Damn, we need a top ten pass rusher! Why can't we find guys like these? :wallbash:

Maybin gets to the quartback applying pressure every 6.45 snaps. That is 9th best in the league. I actually like this stat better than total number of sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ec208/article/jets-de-maybin-finds-unlikely-bond-with-coaching-intern

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Damn, we need a top ten pass rusher! Why can't we find guys like these? :wallbash:

Maybin gets to the quartback applying pressure every 6.45 snaps. That is 9th best in the league. I actually like this stat better than total number of sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824ec208/article/jets-de-maybin-finds-unlikely-bond-with-coaching-intern

Do you think we should have cut him?

Yeah, he really only plays in obvious passing situations. Wheres the stat that would show how huge a liability he is in defending the run? or how he has like 0 tackles outside of sacks...

And this typifies the narrow minded thinking of many a Bills fan (and more disturbingly, coach) in my opinion.

Because Maybin is a specialty player who only plays in certain (passing in this case) situations, this means he is worthless.

The Bills could not figure out a way to use him, the Jets did. It is a good thing for the Bills (except when they play the Jets), the Jets, and Maybin that he is now on the Jets. It is 100% irrelevant how he defends the run.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Absolutely. Maybe getting cut was a wakeup call, who knows? The fact is that he couldn't get on the field in Buffalo, through two different coaching staffs is certainly a red flag. He was given every opportunity and couldn't get it done. Maybe getting cut twice has opened his eyes. Either way, he wasn't helping us, so good riddance.

Edited by xsoldier54

He should have been giving more playing time in his tenure here. Do you think we should have cut him? I will never know.

Now if we gave him regular playing time like a Kelsay and he sucked then yes, I would be fine with cutting him. Maybin is flawed but one bills drive didn't give the kid enough of a chance on the field.

Yeah, he really only plays in obvious passing situations. Wheres the stat that would show how huge a liability he is in defending the run? or how he has like 0 tackles outside of sacks...

But a guy like Chris Kelsay makes it on the field week after week who rarely applies pressure and is unable to outside contain on the run?

Chris Kelsay production this year is exactly the production you are talking about Maybin at his worst.

What a ridiculous stat. He only plays on 3d and long.

That's like putting in a different QB every time you have a first and goal and then looking at his TDs per attempt ratio.

Let it go.

And this typifies the narrow minded thinking of many a Bills fan (and more disturbingly, coach) in my opinion.

Because Maybin is a specialty player who only plays in certain (passing in this case) situations, this means he is worthless.

The Bills could not figure out a way to use him, the Jets did. It is a good thing for the Bills (except when they play the Jets), the Jets, and Maybin that he is now on the Jets. It is 100% irrelevant how he defends the run.

If Maybin were doing this as a Bill he would still be hated because he would be a situational player drafted at #11...a.k.a. a wasted draft pick.

PTR

Maybin is the poster child for the Bills defensive coaching staff's ineptitude. He's the exact same player, same weight, same moves, same experience level on the Jets as he was the Bills. We cut him him because he's a complete bust and useless; a few weeks later he's getting it done as a Jet.The mantra here has always been we need players with more talent. Well, I offer Maybin as a prime example of the talent level being adequate. It's just our coaches are clueless in how to develop and properly use the talent. Face it... The Bills won't have a winning season until the defense improves. The defense won't improve until we get new coaches that can ....coach.