IF the Colts Trade Peyton....

Virgil

Would you want the Bills to enter that bidding?

Me, I'd throw the house at him. The Colts are pathetic without him. As far as I'm concerned, he should win the MVP this season. Even if he has 4 years left in him, healthy, that's 4 years of playoff contention. As a Bills fan, there really isn't a whole lot that I wouldn't trade for that.

And yeah, I would give away two 1st rounders for him, because in all fairness, we've proven an inability to know what to do with them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck hasn't proven anything yet. Putting all their eggs in his basket would be as dumb as them putting all their eggs in Manning's basket.

Fair. So let me ask you this. If you had to pick two baskets, out of all of them in the NFL, wouldn't those be the top two on your list?

Edited by Derek in Va

Fair. So let me ask you this. If you had to pick two baskets, out of all of them in the NFL, wouldn't those be the top two on your list?

There's no reason they couldn't have drafted and developed a real QB prospect over the past decade. Fortunately for them, they'll have the option to take the best QB prospect since Manning. But that means making a tough decision with Manning. And it still doesn't ensure that things will go back to the way they once were.

Please end this topic right now. Do you actually think - I mean REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY think Peyton Manning would EVER EVER come to the Buffalo Bills. You are talking about one of the BEST players in the HISTORY of the game and the MOST pathetic organization in the NFL. I take it you missed that whole coaching hire they went through when they ended up with the GA Tech guy huh? There were not too many clamoring to come to this black hole....

Please end this topic right now. Do you actually think - I mean REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY think Peyton Manning would EVER EVER come to the Buffalo Bills. You are talking about one of the BEST players in the HISTORY of the game and the MOST pathetic organization in the NFL. I take it you missed that whole coaching hire they went through when they ended up with the GA Tech guy huh? There were not too many clamoring to come to this black hole....

This.

I don't know the specifics of Manning's contract - no trade clauses and such - but I'll bet my bottom dollar that if he says no to a trade, it means no.

Luck hasn't proven anything yet. Putting all their eggs in his basket would be as dumb as them putting all their eggs in Manning's basket.

Not at all,it would be a brilliant move if they have any confidence in Luck. It's obvious the Colts have many problems in all areas and need to revamp the whole team. Trade the still useful Manning for a boatload of established players and draft picks[remember Herschel Walker?] Build a solid team around Luck. Some risk, but whats the alternative? Best case, play Manning and MAYBE go 8-8. Worst case Manning gets hurt early on and drops to zero trade value. Now you have Luck and no players.

This is like 2002 only instead of a 30 year old Bledsoe someone would be getting a 36 year old Manning .

No one will gamble on Manning, they will have to release him. Thats a lot of money to invest in a guy who is that old and has such a serious injury history involving his neck.

My bet is they force him to retire or release him. They are dead set on drafting Luck, it's as much a nobrainer as drafting Manning.

Fair. So for clarity. If he is proven healthy and the Colts are doing it just to start the Luck era...

If Peyton is healthy, the Colts are going to play Peyton even if they draft Luck. With the decreased cost for draft picks, the Colts are in no push to trade Peyton, unless there is some desperate offer from say the Jets (who think they are close to a championship) or Houston (If Matt Schaub cannot come back from his injury, which some doubt he will).

There was an article in the paper today that said if the Colts don't pay Payton (pun intended) 28 million dollar bonus in March, he becomes an unrestricted FA. So, we may not have to trade for him. We may be able to sign him as FA. I'd have to think about that one. I don't think I'd trade a whole lot for him though based on his age and injury.

Just a little venting. The Colts had one of the worst owners in the league in Robert Irsay, moved a historic franchise from Baltimore and by all accounts was just out to make a profit. He passes away in 1997, his son inherits the team, hires one of the greatest personnel man in the history of the NFL and proceeds to built a model franchise for the modern day NFL. They draft Manning and are set at QB for years with him having a .715 winning percentage since 1998. Now he misses a season and the Colts have the chance to draft the top QB prospect in the past decade.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the fact that we have a team and I realize that Ralph Wilson does not have an obligation to say anything about a succession plan or spend money to truly build a winner, but why the hell cannot the fans of this franchise catch a break?

Sorry about the rant, but I do not think Manning will agree to become a Buffalo Bill.

Ehh, Manning would be a pretty bad move. We don't need 30 year old injured Peyton Manning, we need to find our own young Manning. I want the QB who finally takes us there to be a Bill from the start and always one, a la Jim Kelly.

Plus, for some reason I doubt that we'd be doing that much better this year with a top QB. Well maybe Brady or Rodgers, but this team has too many injuries and concerns beyond QB that must be addressed.

Edited by Fitzyflakes67