Going on Record: Nix, Gailey, Fitz good hires...

The title says it. I think all 3 were good hires and signings. I think we are kind of following the Packers' model. Great offensive minded head coach. Draft and develop. This is the model that works for a small market team. Nix has made a lot of good moves despite a lot of people on here having their blinders on to them. We are building depth which will continue in the next draft. I think we do need a defensive guru so we'll see if they're smart enough to make that move. One thing that worries me is the close relationship between Gailey and Wannstedt. It might hurt the chances of making a change. Another thing is it's tough to become a strong team when you have been in a division with a team that has dominated the league for over a decade (Pats obviously). It really has hindered our chances at turning into a playoff team. I think we have a good staff though. Just going on record at a time when the haters are screaming from mountain tops.

Edited by BuffaloBlizzard

What good moves are you talking about seriously? How many good players has he brought in? You mean drafting CJ Spiller when we had two very good running backs? Or bringing in Tashard Choice after Fred got injured? Seriously man, why are you trying to support an organization that is 9-19 since taking over? You may not think they are horrible. But the results speak for themselves on the field. Is 5-7 acceptable, with a very good chance of finishing 5-11 after starting the year 5-2? I WILL NOT accept that. I want a winner. I deserve a winner. We all deserve a winner. Going into Dallas and getting blown out. Are you kidding me? Getting blown out the next week by the Fish. Give me a break. Someone needs to be accountable. If Chan can't right the ship VERY quickly he, and that hayseed from Alabama need to hit the road. Yea the depth we have in Coleman, Moats and Batten are really helping us win. And don't forget about Andra Davis, Dwan Edwards, Torrell Troup and Alex Carrington. They have sure stepped up.

We all tend to forget, that the majority of the top teams in the NFL today have all had droughts similar to the Buffalo Bills!

Patriots were not that good before Bledsoe/Brady...

Packers had their trials before Favre/Rodgers...

Saints were the 'Aints...

I could go on!

Granted, this Bills team wil be 10+ without a playoff spot!

But, someday soon the Buffalo Bills will be--a top team! Just have to get through this!

EDIT: Go Bills!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I'm sure Browns fans were shouting from the mountain tops too that Bill Belicheck was not built to be a head coach. He was a good coordinator but couldn't do it without Parcells. HE SUCKED! I guarantee that's how Browns fans felt. Peyton Manning couldn't win "the big one".......until he won the big one. The Patriots season was over when Bledsoe got injured and 7th round pick Tom Brady came in and won a super bowl. Mike Kryseski should have been fired after his 3 first miserable seasons at Duke. Wade Phillips sucked too. Wait he took us to the playoffs multiple times. Ralph Wilson couldn't build a winner because he was too cheap until we went to 4 straight super bowls and were the winningest team in the 90's. Hey "Paup", you change with the winds. I like our direction. You see a loss and throw your hands up and cry foul. Who did you want, Bill Cowher? The guy who worked for possibly the best organization in the league and had a lot of average seasons. The guy who took 15 years to win a super bowl with very smart ownership and well drafting GM's. If a coach takes 15 years to win one he is just above average since there are 32 teams. Hope you can do the math. And maybe less than average with the great situation he was in. Oh maybe you wanted Shanahan as he has been brilliant in Washington. Or maybe you wanted Holmgren as he has worked wonders as the Browns GM. Typical fan. Changing with the winds. A non-Billiever. Eat crow when we win.

People need to stop thinking (and this doesn't just go for football) that they "deserve" anything. You don't.

Not that I agree with everything Paup is saying here, Doc.. but I believe since many of us are spending our money to support an NFL team, then yes, we do deserve a decent product in return... Just sayin'.

The problem is that they counted on K Williams giving them another pro-bowl season and Shawn Meriman bring a legit pass rush. Now if one of those two guys gave us a season we would still be talking about PLAYOFFS!! Now if next year they dont do anything to improve the pass rush except waiting to see if Meriman can play I will give up all hope on them. I also think its time to pull the plug on Parish, and bring in someone who is physically able to play.

BTW, if numbnuts doesn't fold on CJs second TD run the board would be saying Chan is an idiot for not getting him the ball all season.

good call artmalibu. Pass rush definitely needs to be addressed big time. Getting Williams will be big and also would help Dareus big time. I say we keep Merriman but basically count on him being a non factor and do other things to ensure we have pass rush. If Merriam performs at all it would just be a bonus. If he doesn't early in the season, cut him. Go Bills!

Packers were what 6-10 three years ago...take time to build this is year two for gailey and nix. Easy schedule helps too

The packers had a lot of years to load that roster. Yea they hit on a lot of guys, but they have had a lot of chances, and had a qb to hide holes the entire way. I think we are headed the right way but it kills me when people point to them but expect it to be a one year or two year process to get there. We are getting there too hopefully.

The thing you see on the other teams perpetually in the cellar is stacking up all this high picks help build a nucleus. 2011 looks like the first Very good draft since polian... .a good center, safety, and guard are the remnants I see from all those years of improved draft position.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I see no reason to think this team is not headed in the right direction, and just because they got our hopes a little higher this year than we thought possibly doesn't mean this season will be a bust. If a new defensive coordinator is had, along with some OLB and corner help, this team will win quite a few games next year. I'm disappointed like everyone else, but I agree with the OP.

Not that I agree with everything Paup is saying here, Doc.. but I believe since many of us are spending our money to support an NFL team, then yes, we do deserve a decent product in return... Just sayin'.

Disagree ... you make a choice to spend money on the Bills. If you don't like the product its not that you "deserve" something different. Rather, you must decide if the Bills / NFL deserve your hard earned money.

A cruise ship doesn't turn in an instant. Becoming a legit playoff team after years of subpar records and ultra conservative/boring/unwatchable play, the roster needed to be overhauled and the "depth" needed playing time. Depth comes with playing time, and (un)fortunately our Depth has had a lot of playing time this year. We are gonna be alright. Remember a 7-9 finish is a 3 game improvement. A 10-6 season next year would not be out of question, or an unrealistic expectation. This year, 10-6 was going to take all the bounces going our way.

A cruise ship doesn't turn in an instant. Becoming a legit playoff team after years of subpar records and ultra conservative/boring/unwatchable play, the roster needed to be overhauled and the "depth" needed playing time. Depth comes with playing time, and (un)fortunately our Depth has had a lot of playing time this year. We are gonna be alright. Remember a 7-9 finish is a 3 game improvement. A 10-6 season next year would not be out of question, or an unrealistic expectation. This year, 10-6 was going to take all the bounces going our way.

Totally agree -- we got teased by the fast start this year and expectations got out of whack. But for the first time in a long while, i think we are building a winner. Gotta step up with the top draft picks, get two pass rushers, things get interesting and not an illusion.

I would have preferred Marty with Gailey as OC and a real DC

We all would have preferred something flashier or more proven, but let's realistically look at who was willing to take the jobs.

Considering our choices were limited for every position, I think we ended up with something pretty good.

I know a couple people that are very close to Buddy, one even played for him at N. Tenn St., they are not Bills fans, but they are huge Nix supporters and all have talked about how good he is at evaluating and finding talent.

I'm happy with Nix and the guys he's brought on board. Specifically, our future GM, Whaley. I like the 2011 draft and look forward to what they do in drafts to come. I like that theyve made it obvious that they are willing to re-sign our own guys who deserve it.

The only hire Im not happy with is Edwards, but I believe that will be changed.

We all would have preferred something flashier or more proven, but let's realistically look at who was willing to take the jobs.

Considering our choices were limited for every position, I think we ended up with something pretty good.

I know a couple people that are very close to Buddy, one even played for him at N. Tenn St., they are not Bills fans, but they are huge Nix supporters and all have talked about how good he is at evaluating and finding talent.

I'm happy with Nix and the guys he's brought on board. Specifically, our future GM, Whaley. I like the 2011 draft and look forward to what they do in drafts to come. I like that theyve made it obvious that they are willing to re-sign our own guys who deserve it.

The only hire Im not happy with is Edwards, but I believe that will be changed.

there were rumors that Marty wanted the job and if he did it was dumb not to give it to him in my opinion

the 2010 draft is turning out to be another disaster, too many small school reaches after Spiller. Hated the Troup pick and dont see him ever turning into a decent player

I think Carrington and Moats can contribute but Batten hasnt looked good at all outside of special teams

the 2011 draft could have been better as well. i like williams but i think it was a mistake take a corner over any of the pass rushers available

the book is still out on Sheppard who looks slow at times but I like Hairston

Edited by Max997