6 runs 46 passes

n3wyork13

Why is Gailey so reluctant to run the damn ball...We started the game with 3 straight passes (all hitting Tennesse players in the hands) while one of them was an INT. Spiller was getting into his groove in the first half then after half time we only give him the ball 6 more times? I understand that Tenn was controlling the clock but when Fitz passes 46 times in a game we are screwed.....

My bad i watch the game streaming online and it buffers in and out i live in louisiana now and i swore i heard em say that there was an INT, i shoulda checked the stats before i posted it, again my apologizes. I meant to put 2nd half behind the 6 runs.

Edited by n3wyork13

Why is Gailey so reluctant to run the damn ball...We started the game with 3 straight passes (all hitting Tennesse players in the hands) while one of them was an INT. Spiller was getting into his groove in the first half then after half time we only give him the ball 6 more times? I understand that Tenn was controlling the clock but when Fitz passes 46 times in a game we are screwed.....

I don't think he threw an interception, but you are correct in that it seemed like more of his passes his Titans hands then Bills hands. As far as Gailey, people on this board have been referring to him as a "Mastermind", don't see that much lately. You get what you pay for when it comes to Gailey & Nix.

i had had enough when we went down the field running the ball,ripping off good chunks and get to the red zone and throw it 3 times and kick a friggin field goal!!! some days i wish i was a patriots fan. at least they beat the teams they're supposed to beat

Except for the once in a decade when they lose to the Bills.

Edited by billsfreak

The Bills are 9-19 under Chan's offensive play-calling

good point

he is way too obsessed with the pass which doesnt make sense with the talent they have and how bad the defense is

this should be a run first control the clock offense not this 5 wide empty backfield crap he loves so much

and has the WR screened worked at all this year? yet it gets called 2-3 times every week

I hate that we abandon the run so quickly. HOWEVER, a couple things to point out...

1. It was not an INT on the first drive.

2. Your ratio is inaccurate as you have only the second half runs vs passes from the entire game.

The actual ratio is 23 runs to 46 passes. Still needs better balance, but is much better than 6 to 46.

Edited by DrDareustein

Fitz is not accurate enough to warrant him throwing that amount of passes. If it was Rodgers, or Brady I would understand, but def not Fitz. Very disgusted by playcalling and being in shoutgun everytime we are inside the 10. The spread offense can't be out base offense without Freddy. Get under center and do some play action or power running

I hate that we abandon the run so quickly. HOWEVER, a couple things to point out...

1. It was not an INT on the first drive.

2. Your ratio is inaccurate as you have only the second half runs vs passes from the entire game.

The actual ratio is 23 runs to 46 passes. Still needs better balance, but is much better than 6 to 46.

I like Gailey. I will stand up for him. We have put up more points under him than I think we ever did under Jauron or Mularkey. That being said he IS WITHOUT QUESTION pass happy. No coach is perfect and neither is Gailey. 46 pass to 23 run is a 2 - 1 ratio. Yes, "passing league" blah blah blah. If your defense is gassed and can't do the job and you actually have a very effective running game, WHY NOT USE IT. We should be somewhere in range of 40 passes and 30 rushes for every 70 plays.

Too many modern coaches have bought into the philosophy that you can't come from behind running the ball. Simply NOT TRUE. Any time it becomes obvious that you abandon one portion of your offense, a very effective one at that, it makes it easier for the defense to lock down your WRs and tee off.

I just don't think Gailey believes Spiller can be consistently effective running.

They did try to get the ball in Spillers hands via the short pass several times as well.

This issue pre-dated Spiller - I think the real issue is that Gailey does not believe that his D can stop anyone, so he speeds up his gameplan every week.

I like Gailey. I will stand up for him. We have put up more points under him than I think we ever did under Jauron or Mularkey. That being said he IS WITHOUT QUESTION pass happy. No coach is perfect and neither is Gailey. 46 pass to 23 run is a 2 - 1 ratio. Yes, "passing league" blah blah blah. If your defense is gassed and can't do the job and you actually have a very effective running game, WHY NOT USE IT. We should be somewhere in range of 40 passes and 30 rushes for every 70 plays.

Too many modern coaches have bought into the philosophy that you can't come from behind running the ball. Simply NOT TRUE. Any time it becomes obvious that you abandon one portion of your offense, a very effective one at that, it makes it easier for the defense to lock down your WRs and tee off.

Agreed 100%.

Spiller had already broken TWO long TD runs off the left/outside. Whether its in the air or on the ground, when you have a play/player that can grab 40 yards at a time, stick with it.

Argh!