Marshawn

Which should be upgraded to a 1st rounder.

Good for Lynch. He's a good RB, but he was an idiot off the field, that's why we traded him.

A lot of guys are idiots off the field, to bad our were in the FO.

If you recall Marshawn seldom played like this in Buffalo, though it could have been due to his pathetic offensive line/coaching.

Freddy was just better but Beast mode is better than spiller.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he has about 1000 yards from scrimmage and 9 tds, but who's counting? We got ourselves a new top ten RB. meanwhile, mcgahee may very well end up reaching 10,000 yards for his career, and he's presently 44th all time in rushing tds. The collective stupidity of this team is mind-boggling.

shhhh, don't rile up the homers

It was a brilliant move to trade Marshawn Lynch and Lee Evans both Buffalo Bills first rounders for 4th round picks... right?

1st. Fred is better, if Marshawn was still here, they would be splitting carries and maybe we don't see Fred have the year he had. I hope Spiller improves and maybe it was a mistake but I am happy with things anyway. CJ may improve with playing time, just like several D players are going too and we will have better depth and be truly developing players.I know it has been hard to see it but he still has potential to be a star. I really liked Beasty but I don't think he is a world beating star, he is a good RB.

2nd. 1 mistake, 1 blunt, whatever stupid thing he does next, out for the year and on the trading block (for less).

3rd. the myth that every player we get rid of is greater than what we have, or is being replaced by someone not as good.

I remember 2 things on this board when we had Beasty, Fred can't score TD's and Marshawn was a thug. Oh and then Buddy didn't get enough for him (yet to be seen, really).

I am over him and Jason Peters, it is past, mistakes I am not totally sure. The only player I am totally sure about is Greer, that was a mistake.

I really want Chan to try running Mr. McIntyre in a short yardage situation, Chan seems like he like to surprise and throw it 6 out of 10 times. It doesn't have to be obvious, have him in to "block" and run a play action draw. Or have him back with Brad and hike it to him. It doesn't take that much imagination to get a few yards, which was Beasty's strong suit.

1st. Fred is better, if Marshawn was still here, they would be splitting carries and maybe we don't see Fred have the year he had.

Or....maybe we wouldn't had to have run FJ into the ground for lack of a useful 2nd RB.

I'm pretty sure Chan drafted Spiller not as some gadget player, but as the "2" in a 1-2 RB punch that Lynch would have been featured in if he was still here. As it worked out, Gailey realized Spiller isn't much of a starting RB for such a scheme and in fact can find little use for the kid--except now as FJ's sub as Freddie was inevitably injured.

For all everyone's bitching about ALL past regimes, I'm amazed that people are too dim to realize this is what happens when you change coaches and GMs all the time. You get rid of players that were good because they may not fit what the new regime wants to do (London Fletcher, anyone?). Or the player may do completely stupid stuff off the field, like Marshawn did. People forget that Marshawn was ONE mistake away from a suspension. From a business standpoint, he was a liability. So if you want Nix gone, then please don't B word when our good players are gone again.

For all of your bitching about Nix, I hope you realize that if he is fired (as many of you fools apparently would prefer), the EXACT same thing will happen with our current good players. Some would be gone. Period. No matter what GM you bring in.

I'm happy for Marshawn, BTW. I always liked how he seemed to have fun on the field, and when he ran hard, he ran well. He wasn't exactly good at picking up the blitz, but hey, the guy can run. Good for him.

Definitely the coaching. It's not even an argument anymore. This coaching staff has no clue how to get the best out of young players. Worse still, they aren't even trying to find out. Our coaching staff just shows up to collect a check. Worthless. -Every last one of them.

Are you really stupid enough to infer that Chan isn't a good offensive coach? A simple yes or no will do.

Dude is crushing it this year. Thank God we got Spiller! :thumbsup:

That is why I usually try not to watch the Seahawks unless they are the only game on like last night. I was freaking sick to my stomach watching him running crazy (over the previous 4 weeks he has more yards rushing then any NFL back), while we have to watch Spiller tap dance in the backfield, when we could have extended Lynch and used that #9 pick for a D-Lineman, O-Lineman, Quarterback, anything but a running back when we had two 1,000 yard rushers on the roster already. It is just one of the already several retarded moves that this front office has made in the short time they have been here. Lynch is a beast, and he will be for years, long after Spiller is a full time return man or out of the league-period.

For all everyone's bitching about ALL past regimes, I'm amazed that people are too dim to realize this is what happens when you change coaches and GMs all the time. You get rid of players that were good because they may not fit what the new regime wants to do (London Fletcher, anyone?). Or the player may do completely stupid stuff off the field, like Marshawn did. People forget that Marshawn was ONE mistake away from a suspension. From a business standpoint, he was a liability. So if you want Nix gone, then please don't B word when our good players are gone again.

For all of your bitching about Nix, I hope you realize that if he is fired (as many of you fools apparently would prefer), the EXACT same thing will happen with our current good players. Some would be gone. Period. No matter what GM you bring in.

I'm happy for Marshawn, BTW. I always liked how he seemed to have fun on the field, and when he ran hard, he ran well. He wasn't exactly good at picking up the blitz, but hey, the guy can run. Good for him.

So we should be happy with Nix regardless of his performance because we don't want to lose a good player in the transition? That has got to be the "Dimmest" post of the year. :thumbsup:

Or....maybe we wouldn't had to have run FJ into the ground for lack of a useful 2nd RB.

I'm pretty sure Chan drafted Spiller not as some gadget player, but as the "2" in a 1-2 RB punch that Lynch would have been featured in if he was still here. As it worked out, Gailey realized Spiller isn't much of a starting RB for such a scheme and in fact can find little use for the kid--except now as FJ's sub as Freddie was inevitably injured.

Chan actually drafted Spiller to be the #1, he was dilusional that a little powerless back like him could carry the load. That is why he named him the starter right out of the gate last year, even though he clearly wasn't ready-and still isn't.

I hope I am wrong but I still say Lynch ends up with better stats than CJ after both of their careers are finished.

I seriously doubt that when Spiller's career is over he comes close to the yards rushing that Lynch already has.

1st. Fred is better, if Marshawn was still here, they would be splitting carries and maybe we don't see Fred have the year he had. I hope Spiller improves and maybe it was a mistake but I am happy with things anyway. CJ may improve with playing time, just like several D players are going too and we will have better depth and be truly developing players.I know it has been hard to see it but he still has potential to be a star. I really liked Beasty but I don't think he is a world beating star, he is a good RB.

2nd. 1 mistake, 1 blunt, whatever stupid thing he does next, out for the year and on the trading block (for less).

3rd. the myth that every player we get rid of is greater than what we have, or is being replaced by someone not as good.

I remember 2 things on this board when we had Beasty, Fred can't score TD's and Marshawn was a thug. Oh and then Buddy didn't get enough for him (yet to be seen, really).

I am over him and Jason Peters, it is past, mistakes I am not totally sure. The only player I am totally sure about is Greer, that was a mistake.

I really want Chan to try running Mr. McIntyre in a short yardage situation, Chan seems like he like to surprise and throw it 6 out of 10 times. It doesn't have to be obvious, have him in to "block" and run a play action draw. Or have him back with Brad and hike it to him. It doesn't take that much imagination to get a few yards, which was Beasty's strong suit.

Who the heck cares if we don't get to see Fred have the year he HAD, the goal for most teams is to win. Notice I emphasized the word "HAD", if we still had Lynch we wouldn't be without a viable running back and 50% of our offense for the rest of the year. And like someone else said, if Lynch was still here, maybe they didn't have to run Fred into the ground because they knew the next RB in line can't block, can't hit the holes at all. I hope Spiller watched the game last night and took some pointers on how not to give up when you have the ball in your hands.

So we should be happy with Nix regardless of his performance because we don't want to lose a good player in the transition? That has got to be the "Dimmest" post of the year. :thumbsup:

So are you advocating we get rid of Nix or just trying to make a point ? I have also disagreed with a couple of his decisions but dont think we need to go as far as canning him just yet. This years draft class looks good in the early going and if we get a real DC, we should be really good.

What excellent reading comprehension! Excellent post as usual!

So are you advocating we get rid of Nix or just trying to make a point ? I have also disagreed with a couple of his decisions but dont think we need to go as far as canning him just yet. This years draft class looks good in the early going and if we get a real DC, we should be really good.

He should have never been hired in the first place. "Genius" personnel execs don't usually get their first big break at 70.

I'm not saying that you fire him but it's just delaying the inevitable. Other than Barnett and a couple of average street free agents, what has Buddy done in two years? There is not an impact player on this team that he brought in whether it be through the draft or FA.

How's that "rebuilt" defense looking after two years? :bag:

I guess you give him a third year but this off season will be the most challenging by far.

Ya me too !! I can only imagine having to listen to him whine while he was sitting on the side line while Freddy was showing him how a for real running back does it !!

What he must have a whole 400 yard from scrimmage this year & it only took him 10 games !!! Go Marshawn !!!!

Maybe if he would have had a better attitude instead of that Oakland thug thing we could have over looked some of his dum mistakes !!!

Sorry to use you as the example but you are one of the guys that just doesn't get it. Marshawn has 854yds and 8 TDs this year while learning a new offense on a team worse than ours. He is a good RB. What people REALLY don't get is that if we kept the guy we didn't need to blow the #9 pick overall in the 2009 draft for another RB.

Do you get it now? We keep Marshawn and that #9 over all pick becomes a difference maker at another position. End result? The TEAM is better. As always we like to keep making the same holes over and over again and burn resources to refill them. This is how bad teams stay bad.

Please get off the "thug" thing too. It's offensive and pretty tired. The whiney Buffalo fans blew that all out of proportion.

Thug

noun

1.a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

2.( sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Edited by PDaDdy

Chan actually drafted Spiller to be the #1, he was dilusional that a little powerless back like him could carry the load. That is why he named him the starter right out of the gate last year, even though he clearly wasn't ready-and still isn't.

When CJ says "knock me over with a feather" he means it.

Sorry to use you as the example but you are one of the guys that just doesn't get it. Marshawn has 854yds and 8 TDs this year while learning a new offense on a team worse than ours. He is a good RB. What people REALLY don't get is that if we kept the guy we didn't need to blow the #9 pick overall in the 2009 draft for another RB.

Do you get it now? We keep Marshawn and that #9 over all pick becomes a difference maker at another position. End result? The TEAM is better. As always we like to keep making the same holes over and over again and burn resources to refill them. This is how bad teams stay bad.

Please get off the "thug" thing too. It's offensive and pretty tired. The whiney Buffalo fans blew that all out of proportion.

Thug

noun

1.a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.

2.( sometimes initial capital letter ) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

Pretty much. The only thing to add is that if they were had a football woody for a RB in that draft and were totally convinced he was a huge upgrade over what they had, then taking that RB isn't necessarily a mistake if they had already done the leg work and knew pretty much how they could turn around and parlay their stack of talent at the position into more picks. (Draft day trades don't just fall out of the sky.) Then, they upgrade the RB position AND strengthen another position of weakness. But, they hedged their bets when they took Spiller and tried to talk around the idea that they were being innovative and ahead of the curve because their offense was going to use a 3 RB system. The 3 back system never materialized, Spiller lost the starting job after 1 game, and they traded Marshawn and his 1st rounder contract as the trading deadline approached.

The team did not get better in 2010 as a result. Indeed, unless Spiller suddenly turns into a better back that Marshawn, it will continue to be argued that this series of moves were mistakes.