SU - Bernie Fine investigation

bills44

Complete & utter homer speculation on my part, but the silence last few weeks has been deafening...

Whitlock tweeted this tonight, but I wish he'd say how he came to this conclusion. Hopefully, it's in an upcoming column:

Jason Whitlock @WhitlockJason 4h

I've made up my mind about the Syracuse case. #shakedown #bogus

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it seems that whitlock had an interview with davis and aldred....at the last minute they backed out for whatever reason...i think because alred couldn't be there in person with davis...whitlock suggested that it would be ok if alred called into the interview to chaperone...alred agreed initially then took exception with the term 'chaperone' and shut it down....now i go to syracuse.com and the banner about following the bernie fine case that has been there for a month is gone and no visible links to the story on front page.....

Edited by The Poojer

so it seems that whitlock had an interview with davis and aldred....at the last minute they backed out for whatever reason...i think because alred couldn't be there in person with davis...whitlock suggested that it would be ok if alred called into the interview to chaperone...alred agreed initially then took exception with the term 'chaperone' and shut it down....now i go to syracuse.com and the banner about following the bernie fine case that has been there for a month is gone and no visible links to the story on front page.....

Yet, he did a podcast with her on 12/20?:

Real Talk with Gloria Allred

December 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EST

In Jason Whitlock's latest podcast he talks with Gloria Allred about the Syracuse sexual abuse scandal.

yeah but that was in the first days of the media whore entering the picture....now she seems to be backing out of interviews....

Yet, he did a podcast with her on 12/20?:

Real Talk with Gloria Allred

December 20, 2011, 4:00 PM EST

In Jason Whitlock's latest podcast he talks with Gloria Allred about the Syracuse sexual abuse scandal.

• 2 weeks later...

So Bernie Fine is innocent? I'm not following the story, but it seems like all the accusers and their accusations are bogus. If so - good to know. When does Bernie get his job back?

The DA seemed to think that accusers #1 and 2 are credible. But, then last week, Whitlock tweeted that he thinks they are bogus, too........The other accusers are definitely bogus.....I would like more written by Whitlock. If those two are bogus, Fine should get his job back.

Waiting to hear any sort of Mea Culpa from Robert Hoatson

hoatson alleges he spoke with this joker on 12/13, yet the letters from him are dated 11/29....

n/m...apparently he told hoatson about the letters on 12/13...oddly not a word from this caring soul since then....

Edited by The Poojer

So Bernie Fine is innocent? I'm not following the story, but it seems like all the accusers and their accusations are bogus. If so - good to know. When does Bernie get his job back?

I haven't really followed this case all that much either...what became of Mrs. Fine's taped phone call? That seemed like some pretty damning stuff. Was that a hoax too?

This is the first news since the feds took over a month ago...to me the lack of anything being reported is indicitive that there is nothing more than a guy with a penchant for other guys...

I haven't really followed this case all that much either...what became of Mrs. Fine's taped phone call? That seemed like some pretty damning stuff. Was that a hoax too?

This thing fell so far off the radar that I forgot about that taped phone call!

Isn't there a lot of legal but weird stuff like players with his wife and such that might impede the rehire, regardless of accusations? I really only glancingly followed this and it's been awhile so some of the rumors vs facts are hazy for me

Edited by NoSaint

This is the first news since the feds took over a month ago...to me the lack of anything being reported is indicitive that there is nothing more than a guy with a penchant for other guys...

Yea, this has been the only news I've seen in the past several weeks, a retraction of a confession, and Bernie might be gay.

I'm just wondering what you're talking about - that this is one of only two things that came out in the last few weeks. What did I miss?

From the article you linked to at ESPN yesterday.....

VanHooser said Friday in a prison interview with the newspaper that it's true that he and Fine had a sexual relationship as adults for many years, and it continued until last summer. He said Fine first approached him for sex when he was in his 30s. VanHooser said he was usually high on heroin when they had sex.

From the article you linked to at ESPN yesterday.....

VanHooser said Friday in a prison interview with the newspaper that it's true that he and Fine had a sexual relationship as adults for many years, and it continued until last summer. He said Fine first approached him for sex when he was in his 30s. VanHooser said he was usually high on heroin when they had sex.

Got it........Well, as if on cue, the article I've been waiting for:

Whitlock thinks Fine is looking like a victim.