SU - Bernie Fine investigation

bills44

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making up quotes and criticizing double standard fan reactions that haven't happened yet...congratulations, that might be a first even for the internet. Your obsession with Boeheim is a little scary; did he throw it in your girlfriend?

glad youve noticed my obsession with hating Boheim, and no he didnt throw anything in or at my girlfriend...I think its just the way he looks, and his horrid coaching, and how hes taken syracuse bball hostage with his old, lame style...and now how he aides and abets pederasts...everything about him makes my skin crawl...and my grandfather has always hated him so I think thats rubbed off on me

and the double standard fan reactions have happened, see this thread and see the penn st. thread, some of the very same posters bashing Penn St. sitch are rushing to defend Fine, both disgusting old men who like little boys....sick sick sick

I still havent found anything about 2002 and 2005 investigations, in fact the only thing I found is that the police would not investigate at those times b/c of statute of limitations rules, so they "had no grounds" to investigate, so at both times that accusers came forward in those years, the police said "nah, been to long" (that is NOT an investigation) that is on the espn home page right now under "3rd accuser" link...

You need to check out Syracuse.com, there's multiple articles everyday since the story first broke over a week ago.

So the Post Standard had this tape recorded conversation in 2003, but didn't feel the story was still credible enough to print?

Unless the paper is totally beholden to Cuse bball (which it could very well be), there must be other indicia of unreliability over the phone call.

ESPN had the tape, not the Post Standard, in 2003.

Bobby Davis, the man who first accused Fine of molesting him in the mid-1980s and 1990s, legally tape-recorded the phone call with Laurie Fine in 2002, according to ESPN. Davis gave the tape to ESPN in 2003, but the network said it didn't report the allegations because no one else would corroborate his story at the time.

check out this article; looks like the PS had it in 2002 (presumably a year before ESPN got it). But the fact that ESPN got it too back then suggests to me that the taped conversation had some issue with it.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2011/11/su_coach_bernie_fines_wife_tol.html

Okay, you are correct. I didn't read all 6 or 7 articles the PS devoted to the one tape.

So the Post Standard had this tape recorded conversation in 2003, but didn't feel the story was still credible enough to print?

Unless the paper is totally beholden to Cuse bball (which it could very well be), there must be other indicia of unreliability over the phone call.

The Post Standard is why the team was put on probation in the 90's. It's not a cheerleader for the University.

Did the post standard have the tape or just ESPN? I'll read the article more in depth later..on my way home right now

Check out the video in that CNN article--it's an interview of Mark Schwartz of ESPN.

It's embarassing--he concedes that ESPN had this tape in 2003, but didn't feel it was their duty to go to the police with it. They didn't hire a voice recog expert back then. They just sat on the tape.

ESPN's corroboration that they desperately wanted for this story was for another victim to come forward--but why? Wasn't the tape corroboration of the Davis abuse incident? The truth is it wasn't a big enough story to run; it is now in the wake of the PSU scandal.

If these allegations against Fine hold water, then ESPN needs to be taken down. Unreal.

so its not espn's job to go to authorities with this kind of evidence... but it's joe paterno's job to do more than he did....of course paterno did have the responsibility to do more than he did, but come on...mark schwartz is gonna go down in flames....

Check out the video in that CNN article--it's an interview of Mark Schwartz of ESPN.

It's embarassing--he concedes that ESPN had this tape in 2003, but didn't feel it was their duty to go to the police with it. They didn't hire a voice recog expert back then. They just sat on the tape.

ESPN's corroboration that they desperately wanted for this story was for another victim to come forward--but why? Wasn't the tape corroboration of the Davis abuse incident? The truth is it wasn't a big enough story to run; it is now in the wake of the PSU scandal.

If these allegations against Fine hold water, then ESPN needs to be taken down. Unreal.

There was very little new..the only interview with her was a reporter asking her questions at the front door of her house and a lot of "no comments", basically more of what we already heard. He did talk to mark Schwartz and again, nothing new. For me the best part was a discussion with gerragos, tubin(?) and Hutson(?) discussing the case and none of them seemed to think this case had much behind it and I think they all agreed that if there is substance, there is very little that can come of it...unless of course more recent incidents come to light

Did anybody watch it? I didn't, but I'd like to know what she said.