SU - Bernie Fine investigation

bills44

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not jump to conclusions yet...there has been no corroboration and it was deemed a non-story in 2003....please dear god don't let this be true....

Bernie Fine...!@#$ing POS

Didn't think that it was possible for him to be as worthless a human being as he is a coach. Guess I was wrong.

Wow. Just wow.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7248184/syracuse-police-investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s

2 related people all of a sudden coming forward...one claiming it went on til he was 27...I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, but this sounds pretty fishy....so far....

at penn state, there was a witness...right now all we have is unsubstantiated claims....please...please...please....don't let this be true....

yeah, Dennis Duval was the Police Chief in Syracuse in 2003.

Edited by The Poojer

"This matter was fully investigated by the University in 2005 and it was determined that the allegations were unfounded. I have known Bernie Fine for more than 40 years. I have never seen or witnessed anything to suggest that he would have been involved in any of the activities alleged. Had I seen or suspected anything, I would have taken action. Bernie has my full support."

"Why wouldn't he come to the police (first this time)? Why would he go to ESPN? What are people looking for here? I believe they are looking for money. I believe they saw what happened at Penn State and they are using ESPN to get money. That is what I believe. You want to put that on the air? Put that on the air."

. I can't divulge too much information, but a very close friend of mine (someone I trust completely) knows Bobby Davis and Coach Fine very well. According to him, Davis is a drug addict who has always had a troubled life. He had no dad growing up and Coach Fine (who I had never heard of until tonight) went out of his way to take this kid under his wing as a father figure. When the kid (Davis) had crossed too many lines, Fine had no choice but to cut him off financially and otherwise. Davis, upset by this, sought a way to strike back at the coach by alleging the misconduct. My friend actually lived with Davis for five summers and was in close contact with both him and Fine for many years growing up. He NEVER saw any sign of anything inappropriate happening and is absolutely sickened by these allegations. He said there is a less than 0% chance that these claims are true.

Now, I want to believe everything my friend tells me is 100% true, but I'm also old enough to know that he could have missed signs of inappropriate stuff at the time. I asked him straight out if he was ever touched by Fine and he became very angry that I would even ask. It didn't seem like an embarrassed fit of anger, but of someone who seriously couldn't even fathom that any of this is true.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/69275-syracuse-assistant-bernie-fine-molestation-investigation/

I don't think it's true, from what I've heard and read so far. If it was somebody other than his step-brother coming out of the woodwork, then I would give it more validity.

I hope it is not true, because the alleged acts are horrific, because I love syracuse bball, and because it will make ESPN look bad for permanently damaging a man's reputation.

If it is true, then screw Bernie Fine, but I am really hoping this is some sort of cruel revenge for being cut off by Bernie by this alleged victim.

if this plays out like many of us syracuse, specifically, fans hope and are inclined to believe it will. That this is someone trying to get his 15 minutes....what should happen to mark schwartz of espn? I find nothing wrong with reporting a story of allegations...but schwartz editorializes through the whole story, and at one point makes the statement that when police didn't believe him in 2003, that he 'lost again'...you can tell that schwartz already has bernie fine convicted...if this turns out to be a bunch of BS, then i think mark schwartz' career should come to an abrubt end, and it also might be time to implicate espn for running with such a piece of editorialization before all the facts are out...this is a career and possible life ending story...

again, I don't want to be a hypocrite as I was as vocal about the penn state situation as anyone else...but this one doesn't appear to have the same legs...yet.....

I would love to hear jw's perspective being in the business, but completely understand if he wants to steer clear....