SU - Bernie Fine investigation

bills44

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and did anyone notice during the St. Johns game, espn kept their camera on a sign in the crowd "Boehiem Knew". Normally signs like that would quickly be passed over almost instantly, but espn stayed on it for at least 5 seconds....pretty scummy move on their part.... :thumbdown:

This idiot is gonna wind up being Fine's best defense....

apparently getting a protection order doesn't take a whole lot of effort...which is kind of scary in itself, but i understand in real cases, better to err on the side of caution...

Too bad he was lying once again.....

Zach Tomaselli says he faked Bernie Fine order of protection: http://bit.ly/yljhAq

Jack, WTF is going on with this nonsense...

first he files, then he says its fake, now the court says its legit.... :wallbash:

Who the hell knows anymore, maybe he's trying to be put into a psych ward instead of the general population when he goes to jail. I did like this from the comments on the story....

February 7, 2012 (SYRACUSE N.Y.) - Zach Tomaselli, the Maine man who claims to have been molested by former assistant Syracuse Basketball coach Bernie Fine, claims today that he died in a motor vehicle accident this morning.

"Its true, I died after driving myself to my attorney's office.", said Tomaselli by telephone this morning. "It was a terrible accident. I shouldn't have been driving so fast. My death was quick, which I am thankful for."

Several minutes later Tomaselli called reporters at the Post Standard to retract his earlier statement.

"I am sorry for saying that. I did not die in a car accident. I was confused and hoped it would help my case"

Reporters from the Syracuse Post Standard were not immediately available to confirm Tomaselli's claim he was still alive.

like the story indicates(and in most cases I agree with the approach), the burden of proof for these are very low, but this guy is really just crazy...i am almost starting to have sympathy towards him...he really needs some help...he seems to be spiraling out of control, and i do think he is out of control...

Who the hell knows anymore, maybe he's trying to be put into a psych ward instead of the general population when he goes to jail. I did like this from the comments on the story....

February 7, 2012 (SYRACUSE N.Y.) - Zach Tomaselli, the Maine man who claims to have been molested by former assistant Syracuse Basketball coach Bernie Fine, claims today that he died in a motor vehicle accident this morning.

"Its true, I died after driving myself to my attorney's office.", said Tomaselli by telephone this morning. "It was a terrible accident. I shouldn't have been driving so fast. My death was quick, which I am thankful for."

Several minutes later Tomaselli called reporters at the Post Standard to retract his earlier statement.

"I am sorry for saying that. I did not die in a car accident. I was confused and hoped it would help my case"

Reporters from the Syracuse Post Standard were not immediately available to confirm Tomaselli's claim he was still alive.

Lawyers for Syracuse University, Jim Boeheim say sex life of Bernie Fine's wife irrelevant in lawsuit

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Two of Bernie Fine’s accusers generated salacious gossip about his wife to generate publicity in their slander suit against SU and basketball coach Jim Boeheim, lawyers for SU and Boeheim said in court papers today. The lawyers argued that SU shouldn’t have to disclose information about the sex life of Fine’s wife before a judge decides where the lawsuit filed by two former SU ball boys will be heard and whether it should be dismissed.

Lawyers in suit filed by Bernie Fine's accusers facing off Friday in court

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Lawyers for two of Bernie Fine’s accusers will have their first head-to-head skirmish in court with lawyers for Syracuse University and head basketball coach Jim Boeheim Friday morning in New York City. They are scheduled to square off at 10 a.m. in a preliminary battle in the slander suit that former SU ball boys Bobby Davis and Mike Lang filed against SU and Boeheim.

Lawyers for Davis and Lang will try to persuade state Supreme Court Justice Anil Singh that SU should have to turn over any records it possesses related to the sex life of the wife of Bernie Fine, Boeheim's longtime assistant coach.

Decision expected soon in Fine-related slander case against Boeheim, SU

MANHATTAN - A New York City judge expects to decide by noon whether to let lawyers for two of Bernie Fine's accusers have access to information from Syracuse University in their slander suit against SU and basketball coach Jim Boeheim. State Supreme Court Justice Anil Singh heard legal arguments from lawyers for Bobby Davis and Mike Lang, SU and Boeheim this morning.

Haven't seen anything yet, maybe they're going to take lunch first.

Bobby Davis blah blah blah Syracuse University blah blah slander suit against coach Jim Boeheim blah blah blah

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Attorneys representing Bobby Davis and Mike Lang in their slander suit against Syracuse University head basketball coach Jim Boeheim filed new legal papers Tuesday insisting that the men cannot get a fair trial in Onondaga County because of the community’s “obsession” with Orange basketball. Davis alleged players, coaches, staff and anyone else associated with the basketball team receive special treatment in Syracuse— citing decades-old examples of players receiving free food from a local restaurant and free rentals of cars from a local dealership — because of the “critical roles” Boeheim and the university play in the community.

funny how he/they knows about all the free bennies the player gets....he/they should be on the ncaa rules committee....(and no i am not naive enough to believe they don't get freebies anywhere they want)

Bobby Davis blah blah blah Syracuse University blah blah slander suit against coach Jim Boeheim blah blah blah

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Attorneys representing Bobby Davis and Mike Lang in their slander suit against Syracuse University head basketball coach Jim Boeheim filed new legal papers Tuesday insisting that the men cannot get a fair trial in Onondaga County because of the community’s “obsession” with Orange basketball. Davis alleged players, coaches, staff and anyone else associated with the basketball team receive special treatment in Syracuse— citing decades-old examples of players receiving free food from a local restaurant and free rentals of cars from a local dealership — because of the “critical roles” Boeheim and the university play in the community.

Oh, Jesus Christ.... :wallbash:

Panelist on sports scandals says there's another accuser

Robert Hoatson, executive director of Road to Recovery, said he's spoken to a person who says he was abused by a head coach at Syracuse University, but he did not name either person. Hoatson, a sexual abuse victims' rights advocate, was speaking today at a symposium on media coverage of the Penn State and Syracuse University sex abuse investigations.

Hoatson said the person is not ready to be identified. Hoatson said he didn't know if that person would come forward, or when. The person told him the abuse happened years ago, possibly decades ago, Hoatson said.

A Syracuse University professor, John Nicholson, pointedly asked Hoatson whether he was casting a shadow of suspicion on all SU head coaches.

"What in the world are you saying?" Nicholson asked.

Hoatson said he didn't see it that way. "People should know," he said. "It's not just Bernie Fine. It could be another coach."