Jared Gaither Cut

He missed a large portion of the season with knee troubles, gets healthy, and they cut him? Something is up with the guy, he's had personal, attitude and injury issues in the past. Probably best to stay away from him.

Edited by Carey Bender

I don't think so. If we were in playoff contention I would go for it, but right now we whould use the season to assess what we have in the way of offensive tackles and see how and if we have to address the need in the draft or free agency next year. You need to have two legitimate starters and two extremely proficient tackles as back up. I don't see Gaither being a starter next year, although one might argue for his serving as one of the backups. Isuspect Gaither is on his last legs though.

Right now the O-line is the healthiest part of the team. Only one starter on IR and one about to come back.

PTR

Demetrius Bell has been mediocre and has missed around 15 or 16 games as Buffalo Bill.

Yet, if he were to hit the open market I still bet he'd get 2-3 million per to be a left tackle with somebody.

Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, but it just sort popped in my mind.

yet another player that some in the board thought would be a good pick up and Buddy was dumb.

Actually, depending on what the cost was he might very well have been a good pick for this team. A great part of our losing the games we lost was the lack of talent at OT and Gaither would have been a great improvement. Buddy was dumb not to get more and better offensive lineman (and in not keeping Incognito).

That being said now that we are not going to the playoffs, now that Gaither has one year less tread life than he had last year, it would not be a good idea to bring him in.

Buying milk that expired December 1 on November 20 is okay. Buying Milk that expires December 1 on November 29 is probably not a good idea.

Did you watch the Chiefs game sunday? He got in for one play and didn't even make it through the play, he jumped offsides and they put the starter back in.

No - They shouldn't claim him. This is probably why Buddy never tried to get him when so many were clamoring for him.

I agree they shouldn't claim him, but from what I read last season, Buddy was trying to get him but they wouldn't offer enough. Our clueless front office just got lucky on that non-deal.

I agree they shouldn't claim him, but from what I read last season, Buddy was trying to get him but they wouldn't offer enough. Our clueless front office just got lucky on that non-deal.

Or maybe they were not clueless at all and didn't offer "enough" because they were well aware he was not worth that much. Way to turn it around on the front office being clueless though, you are very good at that.

Demetrius Bell has been mediocre and has missed around 15 or 16 games as Buffalo Bill.

Did you actually watch him play or are you just assuming he sucked? I seem to recall people praising his performance. For a while the Bills gave up the fewest sacks. He couldn't have been that bad.

PTR

This guy is an idiot. He has all the talent in the world, but has absolutly no work ethic. He held out all of training camp last year trying to get a big deal. Franchise LT money. And when he finally shows up. Turns out he`s not in shape to even practise. Getting injured, or faking injury. Basicly was inactive, most of the year, until he finally was put on IR. He hadn`t been working out at all. Really skinny. The guy is like 6`9, but his weight had dropped to less then 300 lbs.